Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Almost Hear You Sigh
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 1, 2012 19:49

I know I'm dreaming, but I would love to hear Keith sing it SW Sessions' style on this tour...

Re: Almost Hear You Sigh
Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 1, 2012 19:54

I love that tune. Of the versions i've heard i favor the studio version that was on steel wheels though. Kinda prefer mick singing it.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:03

A great song, they should have used more nylon string guitars.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:27

Great song and Rock And A Hard Place and Terrifying as well.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:28

it's an OKAY song. 6 on a 1-10 scale. by comparison to the song most folks relate it to...beast of burden is a 10.

Date: November 1, 2012 20:29

Hate to say it, but i don't exactly envision keith playing the solo to almost hear you sigh on a nylon string guitar on stage like he did on the album here in 2012. If he even attempted it it would be about 3 or 4 notes worth followed by kissy faces followed by ron playing every other chord change when they forgot how the rest of it goes topped off with mick miming throwing confetti. Chuck nervously grinning throughout. And the crowd goes wild.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:32

arthritis
Hate to say it, but i don't exactly envision keith playing the solo to almost hear you sigh on a nylon string guitar on stage like he did on the album here in 2012. If he even attempted it it would be about 3 or 4 notes worth followed by kissy faces followed by ron playing every other chord change when they forgot how the rest of it goes topped off with mick miming throwing confetti. Chuck nervously grinning throughout. And the crowd goes wild.

that's up to the crowd. if it were me, i'd smuggle in a few tomatoes. keith needs to be taught a lesson here.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:41

It's one of the better songs on Steel Whells, Terrifying as well. I do though prefer Mick singing it (and any song actually, including You Got the Silver).

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:48

I remember Terrifying live in Parc des Princes Paris 1990..good for dancing with the ladies.

Date: November 1, 2012 21:01

StonesTod
arthritis

that's up to the crowd. if it were me, i'd smuggle in a few tomatoes. keith needs to be taught a lesson here.

The lesson i'll teach him is to not show up at the shows and just judge him harshly on youtube.grinning smiley

I saw them live twice in the late 90's. This was pre youtube i guess. The audio at the stadiums was beyond awful and the playing was an integral guitar pat omission slopfest even then. So it's all old albums&youtube for me. Cheaper that way.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 1, 2012 22:50

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 2, 2012 00:08

beast of burden isnt great.

extremely overrated, cant see what all the fuss is about with this song.

prefer memory hotel.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 2, 2012 01:51

ALmost Hear You sigh, Beast of Burden and Memory Motel are all great songs. Keith's acoustic solo is sublime. Could he do that now???

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: November 2, 2012 02:58

"Almost" instead of "Streets" on GRRR - YES!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 2, 2012 03:03

If there was some way we could all go back in time and listen to Jim Reeves' beautifully touching version of 'Almost Hear You Sigh" I believe that would be the best option.

I'll take Keith, otherwise...

Date: November 2, 2012 03:44

Just looked up the lyrics to almost hear you sigh because as usual, micks interesting phrasing is very difficult for me to understand.

can almost hear you sigh I can almost hear you cry On every crowded street All the places we would meet What will I do without you They say that life goes on I'm feeling sorry for myself I can't belive you're gone You acted much too calm You turned on all the charm You had a cold look in your eyes I can feel your tongue on mine Silky smooth like wine I'm living with those memories That's all that's left of you and me [ Lyrics from: [www.lyricsmode.com] almost_hear_you_sigh.html ] I can almost hear you sigh Almost hear you cry When you made sweet love to me And you turned on all the charm Acted much toocalm You had a cold look in your eyes Did it mean nothng Was it all in vain Was I just your fool Or was the pleasure pain Have you set me free Or will I wake up In the morning And find out it's been a bad dream Come on, I beg you I want to be your main man I can almost hear you sigh Almost hear you cry When you make sweet love to me Almost see your smile It stretched half a mile You had a stone cold look in your eyes Send "Almost Hear You Sigh" Ringtone

I'm not a tech wiz with the copy past stuff on a phone. Where mick sings "was i just your fool" for years i thought he said " it was catastrophe"grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 2, 2012 03:46

arthritis

This is how they played it live in 1990. The nylon string guitar parts were instead played on keyboard with Keith just strumming a rhythm guitar:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 2, 2012 04:04

One smooth song. If you have an EQ, turn up and focus on the high hat pattern. The entire feel and pace is there. Beautiful.

Date: November 2, 2012 04:22

stonehearted
arthritis

This is how they played it live in 1990. The nylon string guitar parts were instead played on keyboard with Keith just strumming a rhythm guitar:

[www.youtube.com]

That was just odd. It's a great live performance of the song in that video, but keith isn't strumming during the nylon string guitar part. He's playing a lead with the volume of his guitar turned all the way down!confused smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 2, 2012 06:04

arthritis
stonehearted
arthritis

[www.youtube.com]

That was just odd. It's a great live performance of the song in that video, but keith isn't strumming during the nylon string guitar part. He's playing a lead with the volume of his guitar turned all the way down!confused smiley

Yes, Keith takes the first lead break in the middle but returns to rhythm as Ronnie takes the lead at 3:35--back when they were "weaving" as it were. No matter though when it comes to speculating as to how they might present it on stage in 2012, as AHYS is one of those latter-day golden keepers that they seem to have permanently put on the shelf in favor of better known greatest hits from their glory days. It would take a real stroke of inspirational genius in songwriting to make a dent in their current playlist.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: November 3, 2012 05:53

Tremendous

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 4, 2012 18:27

I saw on a website years ago mention of an extended version (official release) of ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH. Like a 12" single B-side or something. Does anyone know anything about this?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 4, 2012 19:04

Beautiful song, emotional- One of their greatest.
really love it
Hope they paly it live in 2013 in Amsterdam, Ziggo dome.
ps Rumoured Gig.
jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home