Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

what do you think of these songs?
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 31, 2012 07:53

cancel everything
far east man
if you gotta make a fool of somebody
mystifies me
i can feel the fire
breath on me
i got lost when i found you

I love these songs

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: what do you think of these songs?
Date: October 31, 2012 11:28

Some of the best solo work by any Stones, imo thumbs up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 31, 2012 11:34

DandelionPowderman

True. But one could also add a couple of 1979/1981 Wood tracks, like Priceless, Outlaws, We All Get Old, Came To Realise....

Been revisting 1234 album the last days - it certainly doesn't come short of anything in the solo Stones history, me think

Date: October 31, 2012 11:38

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

True. But one could also add a couple of 1979/1981 Wood tracks, like Priceless, Outlaws, We All Get Old, Came To Realise....

Been revisting 1234 album the last days - it certainly doesn't come short of anything in the solo Stones history, me think

I'm a bit ambivalent to 1234. Sometimes it's rocking, and other times I think the song writing is weak.

A number I really like on 1234 is Fountain Of Love, dunno why, but it's cool!

EDIT: I Gotta See really deserves a mention here as well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 11:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 31, 2012 11:47

DandelionPowderman

You beat me to it Dandy. Absolutely fantastic songs. I'd add Shirley to the list. Brings back great memories of actually seeing the First Barbarians gig in Kilburn when I was but a mere lad.

Those first 2 Ronnie albums should have been monsters. I think he kinda went off the boil a bit after Gimme Some Neck.

Date: October 31, 2012 12:01

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman

You beat me to it Dandy. Absolutely fantastic songs. I'd add Shirley to the list. Brings back great memories of actually seeing the First Barbarians gig in Kilburn when I was but a mere lad.

Those first 2 Ronnie albums should have been monsters. I think he kinda went off the boil a bit after Gimme Some Neck.

Agree! Even though he didn't write it, Crotch Music deserves a mention - a fantastic document of Taylor and Wood-interplay!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 31, 2012 13:18

I'm always wanting Own Album and Now Look to be reissued with extra tracks. I just love how one album is a Faces and friends solo album, and the other a collaboration with Bobby Womack.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:27

6 out of 7 ain't bad. Great record. He had some help though.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:29

Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

1234 is my fave stones solo album. i will not tolerate any dissing or even IMPLIED criticism of it. most of you haven't seen me when i get pissed off...consider yourselves fortunate.....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:31

Come to Realize and entire 1234 are amazing! on the other hand I find "Slide On This" a little bit disappointing, and the live shows weren't THAT good either.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:48

Fun. I'm listening to Ronnie's 'I got my own album..' right now. Brilliant album (minus Ronnie's singing which is kind of bad), Far east man and I can feel the fire are fantastic songs.

Date: October 31, 2012 18:50

Amused
Come to Realize and entire 1234 are amazing! on the other hand I find "Slide On This" a little bit disappointing, and the live shows weren't THAT good either.

Slide on this is too slick...hasn't aged well, imo. not for beginners is just bloody awful...and just when you thought the guy didn't have another decent effort in him...a decade later he comes up with feel like playing...no masterwork, but a pretty solid record...maybe it gives one hope that the lads have something left in them.......yeah, sure....

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:57

mandu
cancel everything
far east man
if you gotta make a fool of somebody
mystifies me
i can feel the fire
breath on me
i got lost when i found you

I love these songs

These are GREAT songs. Love them as much as anything by the Stones!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:05

Not bad, always seemed to miss something to make them totally memorable though, maybe someone like Mick singing and giving them a bit more "punch" ?

Thanks for the remider I'm going to stream them from my Google Music drive right this minute or from Audiogalaxy if they aren't there yet ;-)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 31, 2012 21:28

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

1234 is my fave stones solo album. i will not tolerate any dissing or even IMPLIED criticism of it. most of you haven't seen me when i get pissed off...consider yourselves fortunate.....

Are you implying that I'm implying....? You're implying to me? I can't see anybody else around here...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 21:57 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 31, 2012 22:00

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

Are you implying that I'm implying....? You're implying to me? I can't see anybody else around here...?

that's cos you're in dreadful, deserted northern norway.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2012 22:26

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

Is it really that dreadful? I have to go there in a couple of weeks.

Date: October 31, 2012 22:49

71Tele
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
DandelionPowderman

Is it really that dreadful? I have to go there in a couple of weeks.

you'll be in oslo where actual people reside...erik was exiled some years ago to where only whiners and reindeer play....

Date: October 31, 2012 23:40

I'm a huge fan of Ronnie's solo output. For some reason I had not listened to 1234 often; way in the past, and in my mind had checked it off as weak. Until Stonestod here said something about the matter, some years ago. Made me actually go and listen, and I realized I had really never checked it out.
what has happened to me once is that I had an Ipod on Shuffle and this tune came on that I wasn't sure who it was, but I was really digging it. Thinking "this is some solid writing and playing". Turned out to be "Fountain f Love".

The first two Ron albums are stellar. "Neck" is every bit as good but suffers from one of the WORST engineering/production jobs ever. Lord, that drum-sound..
I think "Slide" is brilliant because as usual Ronnie needs a partner in crime, and Bernard really delivers. Ron sings better.
And I like "Not for Beginners" a lot. It is a hard one to like. But there is a nobility in those half finished meanderings, some pointless jams. "I'm a drunk; I'm a mess, and this is what I got to say about it".
And "Playing" has to be one of the biggest (and most welcome) surprises in late Stones years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 00:24 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:43

nobility in drunken messes? yeah, i can dig....

Date: November 1, 2012 00:09

I'm with Palace all the way on that analysis thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home