Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE" -
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 22, 2012 02:43

This would be very appropiate at this time, a litlle bit of my personal history with The Stones.
Its 1965,l am a hick who has just arrived to the U.S from Cuba.Can't speak the language,and living in New York City. One day walking on the streets l hear this music coming out of some record store, some guy screaming at the top of his lungs"Hey! You! Get off of my cloud ,Hey! You! Get off of my cloud" and that was it, l am hooked, finally l find out the name of the band..The Rolling Stones..That summer that's all you can hear in NYC,my Latin friends thought l was crazy,with my infatuation with that song,and the band.
The Beatles were great,but they wore suits on TV,and smiled too much, The Stones never smiled and wore hip clothes,they were the bad guys,attitude,and music that was right up there with the times,"Can't get no Satisfaction","Lets Spend the night Together",Sex Drugs And Rock and Roll,could have been their motto.What not to love? finally in 1969 l get to see them live two shows at Madison Square Garden,l was in heaven,after that l have seen every tour since,multiple shows at times,and their music has been the soundtrack of my life,in good and bad times,l can always find one of their songs that will fit my mood..
But now, seeing how the band that l loved is treating their fans with the ticket prices for their upcoming concerts,all l can say is @#$%& off,all the bullshit with the different packages is just a way to screw their fan base,well in my case,l refuse to be held up by the Stones greed,they can take their expensive tickets and Gold VIP Package,Tongue Pit Package,Silver Hot Seat Package,and my favoprite the Bronze Hot Seat Package, and put them where the sun don't shine,l still have 50 years of great memories,and plenty of their great music..I don't have a problem with those attending the shows and l wish you have a great time,but l just refuse to be taken advantage,by their pathetic greed...Roland..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 03:53 by ROPENI.

Re: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE" -
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 22, 2012 03:02

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 22, 2012 03:05

eye popping smiley

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 22, 2012 03:19

I'm pleased as punch, and I will happily take as much of this drama as they can possibly dish out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 03:20 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 22, 2012 04:28

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 22, 2012 04:37

Sex & Drugs & rock'n'roll..................was their motto........and Ian Dury turned down £100,000 to play at Knebworth under the New barbarians and Led Zeppelin.............but still got (well fairly) rich...................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 04:37 by EddieByword.

Date: October 22, 2012 14:28

EddieByword
Sex & Drugs & rock'n'roll..................was their motto........and Ian Dury turned down £100,000 to play at Knebworth under the New barbarians and Led Zeppelin.............but still got (well fairly) rich...................

thumbs up

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 22, 2012 15:13

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 22, 2012 15:14

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 22, 2012 15:41

EddieByword
...and we ended up with Chas & Dave?
<sigh>

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 22, 2012 16:01

lmatth8461
EddieByword
<sigh>

Lol.I remember................but I did catch Ian Dury at the Hammersmith Odeon the following night.......we were at the flyover starting our hitch back to Wales - M4 - and saw the front of the Odeon with Ian's name up.............They had just started, we pleaded poverty and the guys on the doors let us in.............smoking smiley....brilliant weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 16:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 22, 2012 16:04

lmatth8461
EddieByword
<sigh>

HEY!

There's nothing wrong with Chas and Dave!

Gercha.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 22, 2012 16:44

ROPENI
This would be very appropiate at this time, a litlle bit of my personal history with The Stones.
Its 1965,l am a hick who has just arrived to the U.S from Cuba.Can't speak the language,and living in New York City. One day walking on the streets l hear this music coming out of some record store, some guy screaming at the top of his lungs"Hey! You! Get off of my cloud ,Hey! You! Get off of my cloud" and that was it, l am hooked, finally l find out the name of the band..The Rolling Stones..That summer that's all you can hear in NYC,my Latin friends thought l was crazy,with my infatuation with that song,and the band.
The Beatles were great,but they wore suits on TV,and smiled too much, The Stones never smiled and wore hip clothes,they were the bad guys,attitude,and music that was right up there with the times,"Can't get no Satisfaction","Lets Spend the night Together",Sex Drugs And Rock and Roll,could have been their motto.What not to love? finally in 1969 l get to see them live two shows at Madison Square Garden,l was in heaven,after that l have seen every tour since,multiple shows at times,and their music has been the soundtrack of my life,in good and bad times,l can always find one of their songs that will fit my mood..
But now, seeing how the band that l loved is treating their fans with the ticket prices for their upcoming concerts,all l can say is @#$%& off,all the bullshit with the different packages is just a way to screw their fan base,well in my case,l refuse to be held up by the Stones greed,they can take their expensive tickets and Gold VIP Package,Tongue Pit Package,Silver Hot Seat Package,and my favoprite the Bronze Hot Seat Package, and put them where the sun don't shine,l still have 50 years of great memories,and plenty of their great music..I don't have a problem with those attending the shows and l wish you have a great time,but l just refuse to be taken advantage,by their pathetic greed...Roland..

I'm sorry you arent going, but money has taken over Micks life for along time now I would say since Steel Wheels tour. But I didnt think it would get this worse. The band arent thinking of their fans by dishing out these ridiculous prices. Its bad times now, people arent working, so what do people on social assistance do if they want to go. The rich just get richer. Just put on a dvd of theirs..cheaper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 16:46 by tipps.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:12

I really have to say it feels good to have removed myself from the whole hysteria of getting tickets for these shows.

Cost of seeing the Stones in Newark: $ Thousands

Cost of putting on "Brussels" and being reminded of what this band was like when they actually cared about music: $0

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:25

Surprised your home boys in New Jersey didn't set you up Tele. But yes I agree getting out of that game feels better than plunking down the big $ for me too. I've known for a long time that the Stones were too big for their britches. peace

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 22, 2012 17:46

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: October 22, 2012 19:08

I'm mad but still going to as many shows as I can! So far got tickets for the 2 shows in Newark!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 22, 2012 19:12

GravityBoy

HEY!

There's nothing wrong with Chas and Dave!

Gercha.

That's depends on Chas drinking or not...he can be an ass at parties.

Date: October 23, 2012 01:14

tipps
ROPENI

I'm sorry you arent going, but money has taken over Micks life for along time now I would say since Steel Wheels tour. But I didnt think it would get this worse. The band arent thinking of their fans by dishing out these ridiculous prices. Its bad times now, people arent working, so what do people on social assistance do if they want to go. The rich just get richer. Just put on a dvd of theirs..cheaper.
l got no problems with The Stones charging a fair amount for tickets,l understand that is business,but all those @#$%& packages,buffets,and the rest of that crap,is outregeous in my book,l mean they are celebrating 50 years of sucess,sucess because of people like us that bought their records,saw their movies,saw them in concerts,etc..l wish them luck but l will not pay what they are charging,let the bankers and the Donald Trump types,show off at the concerts,and have their pictures taken with the Mighty Rolling Stones..Good Luck with that..

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 23, 2012 03:24

I don't think any of us actually thought they would charge this amount.. $250 for mediocre seats? $1000 for 'good' seats? It is offensive.

Date: October 23, 2012 03:44

Naturalust
Surprised your home boys in New Jersey didn't set you up Tele. But yes I agree getting out of that game feels better than plunking down the big $ for me too. I've known for a long time that the Stones were too big for their britches. peace

You know of some "home boys" I have in Jersey? News to me. Who are they? They owe me.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 23, 2012 03:46

It's bloody disgusting. Pissing on their "legacy". Screw them.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 23, 2012 04:40

They should open with this one..

Date: October 23, 2012 20:30

71Tele
Naturalust

You know of some "home boys" I have in Jersey? News to me. Who are they? They owe me.

I assumed since you were born there that you retained some connection besides the State name on the birth certificate. I'm sure someone out there knows someone who knows your people. Never know, could be the venue manager or something... peace

Date: October 23, 2012 20:32

Naturalust
71Tele
Naturalust

I assumed since you were born there that you retained some connection besides the State name on the birth certificate. I'm sure someone out there knows someone who knows your people. Never know, could be the venue manager or something... peace

Born in Brooklyn, NL. Went to Jersey against my will.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 23, 2012 20:49

While I do agree that The Stones can do a better job at being fan friendly, I can't help but think Jagger and company must be laughing their buts off at all the drama that is produced by their decisions.

Somebody could create a soap opera from all the drama here- "Days Of IORR". Then they can play "Street Of Love" in the background so people have another reason to bash the song.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 20:51 by FrankM.

Date: October 23, 2012 22:36

71Tele
Naturalust
71Tele
Naturalust

Born in Brooklyn, NL. Went to Jersey against my will.

Sounds sensible to me. Glad you survived the ordeal. There is cartoon in a recent New Yorker magazine which depicted a couple of New Yorkers describing the Hudson river between the two as more of a moat. peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home