Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Do Mick T. or Bill justify those prices?
Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:16

... or is it just an excuse for it?

If a band charge every pound to the fans... what's the special celebration ?
What's the real gift to their real fans?

Re: Do Mick T. or Bill justify those prices?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:30

Hell no... and I have no idea why the never ending fixation on those two quitters.

OK, OK... I have held that back for a while, and I wont go on and on about it.... so all you Wyman / Taylor lovers can feel free to come in and continue to spout your love for them.... I wont check back... I dont really want an explaination... And if I never hear about Lumpy Taylor or Boring Wyman again I will be OK with that.

And anyway... As soon as they appear...
they will just become another target for people to bitch about

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:33

spain73
... or is it just an excuse for it?

If a band charge every pound to the fans... what's the special celebration ?
What's the real gift to their real fans?

Are you assuming BW and MT will be involved with shows ?
It looks like it's just a marketing ploy, to drive up the ticket prices. I think the Stones are not planning to invite Bill and Mick T.

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:41

"Lumpy Taylor or Boring Wyman"

I don't get it. I go to concerts to hear the music. I don't think Jagger's running around or Keith's posing adds anything to the music that I hear.

What am I missing?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:42

Max'sKansasCity

Hell no... and I have no idea why the never ending fixation on those two quitters.

OK, OK... I have held that back for a while, and I wont go on and on about it.... so all you Wyman / Taylor lovers can feel free to come in and continue to spout your love for them.... I wont check back... I dont really want an explaination... And if I never hear about Lumpy Taylor or Boring Wyman again I will be OK with that.

Sorry for our "fixation" for 40% of the band that made some of the greatest records in music history. Yes, that is a very difficult thing to understand, isn't it? We are just crazy, ridiculous people wanting to see the band that made that music reunite while it is still possible. How stupid can we be? Oh, yes, and quitting the group negates all the great music they played while with the group (in Wyman's case, that would be nearly ALL the best music the group made). Yes, those terrible quitters should NEVER be allowed to step foot on a stage again.

Date: October 19, 2012 18:42

LOL winking smiley

Date: October 19, 2012 18:46

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Sorry for our "fixation" for 40% of the band that made some of the greatest records in music history. Yes, that is a very difficult thing to understand, isn't it? We are just crazy, ridiculous people wanting to see the band that made that music reunite while it is still possible. How stupid can we be? Oh, yes, and quitting the group negates all the great music they played while with the group (in Wyman's case, that would be nearly ALL the best music the group made). Yes, those terrible quitters should NEVER be allowed to step foot on a stage again. In fact, the quitting was so bad that the Stones should go back and wipe the parts of those "quitters" off the albums and replace them with bland Darryl Jones and Ron Wood overdubs. That would serve those quitters right!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:47

If Bill and Mick T are a full part of the band for all concerts in 2013, I'd definitely buy tickets.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:49

I predict the ppv will feature both tayor and wyman

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:49

Brian Jones triumphant (albeit mysterious) return wouldn't justify these prices...if only Chuck were here.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:55

melillo

Then it needs to be from London and not from Newark - Wyman doesn't fly yawning smiley)

Date: October 19, 2012 19:07

mtaylor
melillo

Then it needs to be from London and not from Newark - Wyman doesn't fly yawning smiley)

That's exactly it. The fact that they are doing the PPV from Newark leads me to believe neither Taylor nor Wyman will be involved, just the four current members and the usual cast of thousands backing them up.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 19, 2012 19:11

I know about the wyman does not fly stuff ok, but he did put his fears aside to do a solo gig IN ATLANTIC CITY NJ so it can be done, and btw what difference does it make if mick t or bill justify the prices?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 19:22 by melillo.

Date: October 19, 2012 20:42

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Sorry for our "fixation" for 40% of the band that made some of the greatest records in music history. Yes, that is a very difficult thing to understand, isn't it? We are just crazy, ridiculous people wanting to see the band that made that music reunite while it is still possible. How stupid can we be? Oh, yes, and quitting the group negates all the great music they played while with the group (in Wyman's case, that would be nearly ALL the best music the group made). Yes, those terrible quitters should NEVER be allowed to step foot on a stage again. In fact, the quitting was so bad that the Stones should go back and wipe the parts of those "quitters" off the albums and replace them with bland Darryl Jones and Ron Wood overdubs. That would serve those quitters right!
What do you mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 20:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 19, 2012 21:01

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

What do you mean?

I have no interest in a flame war with you, so I will be gentle: Many of us simply want to see the Rolling Stones (all six living members) united onstage while it is still physically possible, because 1. it would be musically interesting, 2.it would be the right thing to do to honor their service, and 3. because there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house, and I'm admittedly a bit sentimental.

We don't see that having quit the band at some time in the past should be held against them for eternity, nor do we think that quitting negates the magnificent contributions these two members made with the group.

It does puzzle us why some bear so much contempt for these two individuals that they actually do not want them to appear under any circumstances.

That pretty much sums it up. Good day.

Date: October 19, 2012 21:05

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

What do you mean?

I have no interest in a flame war with you, so I will be gentle: Many of us simply want to see the Rolling Stones (all six living members) united onstage while it is still physically possible, because 1. it would be musically interesting, 2.it would be the right thing to do to honor their service, and 3. because there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house, and I'm admittedly a bit sentimental.

We don't see that having quit the band at some time in the past should be held against them for eternity, nor do we think that quitting negates the magnificent contributions these two members made with the group.

It does puzzle us why some bear so much contempt for these two individuals that they actually do not want them to appear under any circumstances.

It is business. You need to understand that.

Date: October 19, 2012 21:06

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

What do you mean?

It is business. You need to understand that.

and I do. So I "have no expectations" that the Stones will indulge my sentimental desires or do what I consider to be the right thing. And I'm ok with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 21:08 by 71Tele.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2012 21:07

Lumpy? wuzznt that one of Wally's friends?

Date: October 19, 2012 21:08

StonesTod
Lumpy? wuzznt that one of Wally's friends?

Yeah, next we'll be hearing about Larry Mondello.

Date: October 19, 2012 21:09

WHITEY!

Date: October 19, 2012 21:10

Max'sKansasCity
WHITEY!

What was the teacher's name?

Date: October 19, 2012 21:13

yes, mrs. canfield

Date: October 19, 2012 21:14

and don't you look lovely today mrs. clever (eddie!)

Date: October 19, 2012 21:17

LOL....

Date: October 19, 2012 21:20

StonesTod
yes, mrs. canfield

Probably "Miss" Canfield...all elementary school teachers were "Miss" in those days...

Remember when The Beaver got his head stuck in the bars of a fence? One of my favorite episodes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 21:20 by 71Tele.

Date: October 19, 2012 21:22

Date: October 19, 2012 21:30

71Tele
It even looks like Lumpy Taylor... with a proper hair cut.

Date: October 19, 2012 21:33

71Tele
StonesTod
yes, mrs. canfield

Probably "Miss" Canfield...all elementary school teachers were "Miss" in those days...

Remember when The Beaver got his head stuck in the bars of a fence? One of my favorite episodes.

unforgettable drivel, indeed.

if only life were like this and we could have a happy ending for our beloved rocknroll heroes. alas.

Date: October 19, 2012 21:34

StonesTod
71Tele
StonesTod
yes, mrs. canfield

unforgettable drivel, indeed.

if only life were like this and we could have a happy ending for our beloved rocknroll heroes. alas.

If you're going to have drivel, it might as well be unforgettable...or something.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: October 19, 2012 22:45

Many of us simply want to see the Rolling Stones (all six living members) united onstage while it is still physically possible, because 1. it would be musically interesting, 2.it would be the right thing to do to honor their service, and 3. because there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house, and I'm admittedly a bit sentimental.

That pretty much sums it up. Good day.[/quote]

Couldnt agree more 71 Tele,my sentiments exactly.Cheers

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home