Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"One More Shot" PPV December 15
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 16, 2012 13:22

*Apologies if this is already here somewhere. It's been a busy few days*smoking smiley

The Pay-Per-View will be called "One More Shot". It will air at 9pm on the 15th of December.

Enjoy!

Re: "One More Shot" PPV December 15
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 16, 2012 13:42

It says they're partnering with the WWE for this bit:
[kocosports.com]

Maybe Hulk Hogan will do a guest appearance. Can he sing?

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 16, 2012 14:28

Limbostone
[kocosports.com]

If not, he will be not the only one.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 16, 2012 15:22

[kocosports.com]
Since McMahon added, “WWE is ecstatic to bring The Rolling Stones into your living room, live on Pay-Per-View for “One More Shot,” the last date of their 50th anniversary shows.”

WWE was asked to participate after proving it can turn live events throughout the year, including its biggest show, “WrestleMania,” into major moneymakers through PPV. “WrestleMania 28,” held April 1 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium, generated a record 1.3 million buys, earning $67 million.

That looks like $50 bucks per PPV...

Date: October 16, 2012 15:22

Remember the good ole days? I do.

Date: October 16, 2012 15:25

Max'sKansasCity
[kocosports.com]
Since McMahon added, “WWE is ecstatic to bring The Rolling Stones into your living room, live on Pay-Per-View for “One More Shot,” the last date of their 50th anniversary shows.”

WWE was asked to participate after proving it can turn live events throughout the year, including its biggest show, “WrestleMania,” into major moneymakers through PPV. “WrestleMania 28,” held April 1 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium, generated a record 1.3 million buys, earning $67 million.

That looks like $50 bucks per PPV...

That is hilarious!

Date: October 16, 2012 15:26

Dang... I wasnt even trying to be funny that time.

Date: October 16, 2012 15:30

Max'sKansasCity

Yeah, I remember back in 1981 when people were complaining about $17 (for LIVE in concert) Rolling Stones tickets... who would have guessed that it would be cost than triple that 30 years later... for a TV PPV?... oh well... whatever the market will bear.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 16, 2012 15:36

great news !! I guess the guests will be here.
Let's dream about a new Atlantic city (dec 19) qualitative show

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:01

Max'sKansasCity

Yeah, I remember back in 1981 when people were complaining about $17 (for LIVE in concert) Rolling Stones tickets... who would have guessed that it would be cost than triple that 30 years later... for a TV PPV?... oh well... whatever the market will bear.

Yeah, I remember that too, people saying "who'd pay that much for a concert"? The fees are more on the tickets now days.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:08

kovach
Max'sKansasCity

Yeah, I remember that too, people saying "who'd pay that much for a concert"? The fees are more on the tickets now days.

and have you seen the price of beer?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:09

And I guess the PPV won't be available in Europe (or elsewhere outside North America).

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:12

My guess is that the show will be offered for broadcast worldwide, just as a way to promote the 2013 tour. It could be broadcast in several countries right after or just before the tour announcement, like a sort of trailer...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: October 16, 2012 16:13

Limbostone
[kocosports.com]

hogan and wwe parted ways several years ago and he works for TNA wrestling

Date: October 16, 2012 16:16

Munichhilton
kovach
Max'sKansasCity

I have paid the price for beer.... what the hell does $9.00 for a small beer even mean? !!! I just have to go out of my body and pay it.

But the real obscenity these days is less what the band earns and more the fees charged by non-playing middlemen... at least the band plays... all Ticketbastard does is utilize their computerized system... and once that is set up, it is all gravy... buckets... barrels... oil tankers of gravy. I have seen fees as high as 50% for lower priced shows. It is redonkulous

Actually, it is all pretty depressing, except of course for whomever owns ticketbastard.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 16:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:36

I believe they're running a rarely seen episode of Murder, She Wrote that evening, so sadly I many not be able to catch the PPV.

I'll prolly crack a $2 beer and listen to the Paris rehearsals for Doom and Gloom and I Wanna Be Your Man repeatedly, while watching Angela Lansbury.

Date: October 16, 2012 16:42

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

That saying, 'whatever the market will bear' has lost its meaning. That's not it. It's whatever they decide. People will pay. Period. Just like NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB season tickets - thousands and thousands of dollars that change every new season. No matter - people will pay. $190 for a lower bowl ticket to see the Saints? It was corporate but someone still paid for it. But $190? That's a lot of money to watch a football game yet alone a concert. Next year it will probably be $200...because they can.

If it was an actual market, a Stones tour, then the price would go up and up and up and up and then down etc.

Date: October 16, 2012 16:45

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
kovach
Max'sKansasCity

I have paid the price for beer.... what the hell does $9.00 for a small beer even mean? !!! I just have to go out of my body and pay it.

But the real obscenity these days is less what the band earns and more the fees charged by non-playing middlemen... at least the band plays... all Ticketbastard does is utilize their computerized system... and once that is set up, it is all gravy... buckets... barrels... oil tankers of gravy. I have seen fees as high as 50% for lower priced shows. It is redonkulous

Actually, it is all pretty depressing, except of course for whomever owns ticketbastard.

Mind you, that's a bargain here in Norway sad smiley

Date: October 16, 2012 16:46

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

That saying, 'whatever the market will bear' has lost its meaning. That's not it. It's whatever they decide. People will pay. Period. Just like NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB season tickets - thousands and thousands of dollars that change every new season. No matter - people will pay. $190 for a lower bowl ticket to see the Saints? It was corporate but someone still paid for it. But $190? That's a lot of money to watch a football game yet alone a concert. Next year it will probably be $200...because they can.
WHY??

If it was an actual market, a Stones tour, then the price would go up and up and up and up and then down etc.
In the end the market will show the truth.... it always does.... it is never "its different this time". We could all be in for a helluva thing, soon.... or maybe not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 16:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 16, 2012 16:50

DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
kovach
Max'sKansasCity

Really... why is that?

In a store around me a (real) bottle of beer costs about dollar(Budweiser and its type can be had for .50-.75 can)(both prices are by the 6pack/12 pack/case). At an event the same bottle costs $7-$12... How much is it there.... Im honestly honestly curious.... and it is a tax that makes it high... like in Canada?

Date: October 16, 2012 16:54

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
kovach
Max'sKansasCity

Really... why is that?

In a store around me a (real) bottle of beer costs about dollar(Budweiser and its type can be had for .50-.75 can)(both prices are by the 6pack/12 pack/case). At an event the same bottle costs $7-$12... How much is it there.... Im honestly honestly curious.... and it is a tax that makes it high... like in Canada?

Scandanavian countries are super expensive. I travelled to Stockholm and Uppsala in 1987, and it cost over $60 to buy a bottle of vodka at the liquor store...IN 1987!!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:56

Max'sKansasCity

I thought you are only 19 or 20?

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: October 16, 2012 17:02

keefriffhard4life
Limbostone
[kocosports.com]

hogan and wwe parted ways several years ago and he works for TNA wrestling

correct, im actually a big wrestling buff, and this does not surprise me the least bit, Vince is a genius at PPV, marketing, cross-branding, and so forth.....the only problem is everything that he has ever touched that is not-wrestling has failed miserably....need we not forget the XFL(football leauge) the WBF(world bodybuilding federation, numerous energy drinks and weight lifting supplements, and the WWE studios and the ever so delayed WWE network.....

However the once nice thing, is that you can almost guarantee that it will be streamed online....as all of WWE's ppvs are online, in hd quality(and often pirated on different sites i might add)

but the Jagger/McMahon partnership is def an interesting one

Date: October 16, 2012 17:02

treaclefingers
Scandanavian countries are super expensive. I travelled to Stockholm and Uppsala in 1987, and it cost over $60 to buy a bottle of vodka at the liquor store...IN 1987!!

Yikes!... again is that a tax?.. or import charges??... or ?

Date: October 16, 2012 17:05

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

I haven't a clue, but if it's like Canada, then a good, healthy percentage of that is tax.

Date: October 16, 2012 17:33

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Norway is very expensive, Denmark and Sweden aren't. However in Sweden liquor is sold in special stores (run by the state) and is, I'm afraid, very expensive due to heavy taxation. 70 cl standard vodka costs about 20 GBP. The flip side is that those stores (Systembolaget) have a very big assortment.

Date: October 16, 2012 17:39

Stoneage
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Norway is very expensive, Denmark and Sweden aren't. However in Sweden liquor is sold in special stores (run by the state) and is, I'm afraid, very expensive due to heavy taxation. 70 cl standard vodka costs about 20 GBP. The flip side is that those stores (Systembolaget) have a very big assortment.

If that is the price for a bottle of vodka now, then that is a bargain.

Date: October 16, 2012 17:43

To add some info: Beer with less alcohol percentage by volume than 3.5 can be sold in ordinary stores and aren't alcohol taxed at all. And the taxation increases by the alcohol percentage by volume: so vodka and whisky are much more taxed than beer and wines.

Date: October 16, 2012 17:50

Stoneage
To add some info: Beer with less alcohol percentage by volume than 3.5 can be sold in ordinary stores and aren't alcohol taxed at all. And the taxation increases by the alcohol percentage by volume: so vodka and whisky are much more taxed than beer and wines.
Always interesting to hear how this works in different countries, thanks

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 18:45

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
kovach
Max'sKansasCity

Really... why is that?

Us Norwegians travel to Sweden to buy meat and alcohol; as it's so much cheaper there, actually. I'm not taking those trip though, I live to far away from the boarder. A package of cigarettes costs 15 dollars here. Heck if I'd stop smoking, I'd save 5000 dollars a year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 18:49 by Erik_Snow.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1684
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home