Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crossfire Hurricane old recordings or from the whole carrer?
Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: October 7, 2012 19:27

Is there going to be material from the whole stones carrer on stones documentery? or is it only material from 60's and 70's?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-07 19:42 by IsakSun.

Re: Crossfire Hurricane just old recordings?
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 7, 2012 19:34

IsakSun
Is there going to be material from the whole stones carrer on stones documentery? or is it just material from 60's and 70's?

As material from the 60's and 70's is just boring old stuff from the time when they were young and had nothing important to say, either in words or in their music, me too hopes that this documentary concentrates on their "mature" period from 1989 onwards.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: October 7, 2012 19:40

I just wondered? whats the problem? I'd like to see a documentery with their whole carrer even if I also like the prefer the 60's and 70's before 80's 90's 00's.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 7, 2012 22:46

alimente
IsakSun
Is there going to be material from the whole stones carrer on stones documentery? or is it just material from 60's and 70's?

As material from the 60's and 70's is just boring old stuff from the time when they were young and had nothing important to say, either in words or in their music, me too hopes that this documentary concentrates on their "mature" period from 1989 onwards.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 7, 2012 23:45

Their May sessions from New Jersey were filmed for reported inclusion in the upcoming doc, but that's likely going to be it regarding "new" recordings in the film. I would expect the doc to run much the way Keith's book Life did: a whole lot of time spent on origins and glory years, a rapid gloss over the 80s and an even quicker passing glimpse of the 90s, barely a mention of the last 12 years except for a bit of a nod to the record-breaking revenues of the Licks and ABB tours, then ending on the self-congratulatory note of still being around after 50 years with excerpts from the 2 new GRRR! songs, and finally rolling credits with some red carpet footage from Somerset House. I wouldn't be surprised if these final moments has them strolling about the photo exhibits, museum-style, each member reminiscing over selected pics--then a flashback to a performance of JJF at Madison Square in 1969. fini.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 8, 2012 00:17

stonesnow
Their May sessions from New Jersey were filmed for reported inclusion in the upcoming doc, but that's likely going to be it regarding "new" recordings in the film. I would expect the doc to run much the way Keith's book Life did: a whole lot of time spent on origins and glory years, a rapid gloss over the 80s and an even quicker passing glimpse of the 90s, barely a mention of the last 12 years except for a bit of a nod to the record-breaking revenues of the Licks and ABB tours, then ending on the self-congratulatory note of still being around after 50 years with excerpts from the 2 new GRRR! songs, and finally rolling credits with some red carpet footage from Somerset House. I wouldn't be surprised if these final moments has them strolling about the photo exhibits, museum-style, each member reminiscing over selected pics--then a flashback to a performance of JJF at Madison Square in 1969. fini.

well I would be happy with that !

Re: Crossfire Hurricane old recordings or from the whole carrer?
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: October 8, 2012 04:16

at the end mick and keith decided to write a new record,but ditched the idea when neither could find anything to write on.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 8, 2012 09:49

alimente
IsakSun

Indeed. Each tour from 1989 on will be finally given a respected role in their history.. we will see definitive versions of each press conference; the details of their logistics of their ground-breaking, innovative mammouth tours - with which they declared their status as the 'greatest rock and roll band in the world' - are finally revealed, Jagger will tell us how many trucks each tour needed, and the numbers just got bigger, Keith will salute Mick for coming up the revolutionary concept of small satge "(I need to give credit to the man - where the hell he got the idea, I can't say. Simply genious." ). The unseen footage will be seen of Keith and Ronnie playing pool back stage and Mick and Charlie visiting The Wasa Museum in Stockholm. Chuck Leavell will tell us how he makes the songs click. Full versions of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" are given from each tour, so we can witness the progession of the innovativity in stage technology and music arrangement. It all will have an orgastic end, when Martin Scorcese comes to tell us what a graet concert movie idea he had - and we finally see the movie premiere appearance of SHINE A LIGHT in its whole glory. The last scene will capture the members in a recording studio, and having fun there:

- "hi guys, do you remember places like this - it is called a 'studio' - we used to visit places like these when we were kids, do you remember Charlie?"
- "Huh?"
- "hahahahhahah"

I am sure the audience will love it and be excited!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-08 10:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 8, 2012 10:32

Doxa
alimente
IsakSun

Indeed. Each tour from 1989 on will be finally given a respected role in their history.. we will see definitive versions of each press conference; the details of their logistics of their ground-breaking, innovative mammouth tours - with which they declared their status as the 'greatest rock and roll band in the world' - are finally revealed, Jagger will tell us how many trucks each tour needed, and the numbers just got bigger, Keith will salute Mick for coming up the revolutionary concept of small satge "(I need to give credit to the man - where the hell he got the idea, I can't say. Simply genious." ). The unseen footage will be seen of Keith and Ronnie playing pool back stage and Mick and Charlie visiting The Wasa Museum in Stockholm. Chuck Leavell will tell us how he makes the songs click. Full versions of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" are given from each tour, so we can witness the progession of the innovativity in stage technology and music arrangement. It all will have an orgastic end, when Martin Scorcese comes to tell us what a graet concert movie idea he had - and we finally see the movie premiere appearance of SHINE A LIGHT in its whole glory. The last scene will capture the members in a recording studio, and having fun there:

- "hi guys, do you remember places like this - it is called a 'studio' - we used to visit places like these when we were kids, do you remember Charlie?"
- "Huh?"
- "hahahahhahah"

I am sure the audience will love it and be excited!

- Doxa

smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home