Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Juke Box Jury 4th July 1964.
Posted by: belld ()
Date: December 5, 2010 17:05

The 5 Stones were on the Panel of this BBC programme on the above date which voted several records either HIT or Miss. The Beatles preceded them appearing in 1963. The Stones appearance resulted in 10,000 applications to be in the studio audience.
Does anybody know if it is possible to access this programme?

Re: Juke Box Jury 4th July 1964.
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 5, 2010 17:09

as far as i know it wasn't saved - it's not exactly footage the BBC would've considered precious at the time :E
"Without any prompting from me, they proceeded to act like complete and utter yobs," ALO wrote.

i love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: December 5, 2010 22:03

..I have read many times the program has been erased and nobody has showed it until today ....but you can find the list of songs in some books...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 5, 2010 22:28

I was a kid of 12 at the time.David Jacobs and Juke Box Jury was a must see at about 6p.m. on a Saturday night.The Stones and the Beatles were the only all group ones(I think).Always had great 60's artists on the 4or 5 seats.''Hit or Miss' was the question and why.The Stones and the Beatles where the memorable ones but so many great people on that show. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: belld ()
Date: December 5, 2010 22:43

Same memories, I was 9 years with a sister of 19 and a brother of 17. He is a Stones fanatic and responsible for my Stones influence. Slainte Wee Ting. I inherited a singles collection from 1960 to 1967 of approximately 250+ singles from them.At 16 years I fell in love with my friends older sister (lust) and gave her the collection. She ditched me a few months later. HELP I need counselling.
Anyway Juke Box Jury always had 4 panel members but they broke the mould to include the 5 Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 11:50 by belld.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home