Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rod is at it again.......
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 5, 2012 06:47

Rod is issuing a Christmas lp, one he always wanted to make he says. Don't think we'll ever get any new stuff from this guy anytime soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-05 06:49 by tipps.

Re: OT: Rod is at it again.......
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 5, 2012 07:31

Walking down the Kings Road in the Autumn of 1971, he was considered the hippest cat on the planet. Difficult to believe we are talking about the same human being.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 5, 2012 08:30

thumbs up We'll se if he can match Dylans smashing christmas record...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: October 5, 2012 11:32

Carnaby
Walking down the Kings Road in the Autumn of 1971, he was considered the hippest cat on the planet. Difficult to believe we are talking about the same human being.

There was a market for that kind of hip cats back then. A short while later he realized there was even more money to be made by turning into what he transformed Atlantic Crossing onwards.

I wasn't offended by Dylan's christmas album, it's quite funny actually. Don't take the guy too seriously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-05 12:43 by Child Of Clay.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: October 5, 2012 11:55

Dylan's album benefits all go to charity. Is that the case for Rod's album?.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 5, 2012 12:12

HerMajestyBrenda
Dylan's album benefits all go to charity. Is that the case for Rod's album?.

In Rod's case all album benefits goes to former Mrs Stewarts...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2012 12:20

Martha..?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 5, 2012 13:13

Rod has time for this, but can't be associated with Faces ? moody smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 5, 2012 13:39

The Faces are not a lucrative project, outside the UK hardly anyone remembers that group.

Date: October 5, 2012 13:44

Edith Grove
Rod has time for this, but can't be associated with Faces ? moody smiley

It's his day job, another day at the office... thumbs down

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 5, 2012 15:01

Just a stripped down duet album with Ron Wood would be great

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: October 5, 2012 15:55

Rod's bit of a miser, he won't do anything that's not sure to profit him. Faces or duets with Woody wouldn't bring dollar signes to his eyes, especially when he's found there's a huge market for the kind of crap he's been doing for years now.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 5, 2012 16:46

Good for him, ho ho ho!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 5, 2012 16:53

Unfortunately he has been a schlockmiester for a while now. Still, I wouldn't mind hearing his voice on some Christmas standards. You're going to hear them anyway, might as well be Rod singing!

And Dylan's Christmas album was a hoot! Brian Wilson's is quite good.

Ross

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 5, 2012 19:40

My rod is at it again too! smileys with beer

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:12

Its a very sad tale for Rod Stewart. He used to be so @#$%& good and he's in between sort of "just losing it" and "not caring anymore". With the Faces, Jeff Beck Group, and most of his 70s solo career, the guy was awesome. So many great songs and he had an amazing voice. Its always very nice to see him with Ronnie again because he's always smiles and you can tell they clearly enjoy playing together.

I would say the main problem is Rod's voice. I'm convinced thats the reason there isn't a Faces reunion and why he wouldn't sing with them at the Rock Hall Of Fame. I feel alittle bad because I'm sure the voice is the most affected after so many years and he just doesn't have that "rock" voice anymore. Understandable as he is 67. Yeah, the Faces wouldn't make much, but there are enough that care that I'm sure it would be fun and moderately profitable, at least in the UK. He's found an alternate sort of music that works for him I guess. Its just sad to see he's abandoned rock as he used to be incredible. I cringe every time I see him nowadays because I used to be such a fan.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:37

RollingFreak
I would say the main problem is Rod's voice. I'm convinced thats the reason there isn't a Faces reunion and why he wouldn't sing with them at the Rock Hall Of Fame. I feel alittle bad because I'm sure the voice is the most affected after so many years and he just doesn't have that "rock" voice anymore. Understandable as he is 67. Yeah, the Faces wouldn't make much, but there are enough that care that I'm sure it would be fun and moderately profitable, at least in the UK. He's found an alternate sort of music that works for him I guess. Its just sad to see he's abandoned rock as he used to be incredible. I cringe every time I see him nowadays because I used to be such a fan.

Agree with you. Rod have had problems with his voice whenever I saw him in the last 20 years. His voice became thin and he had to fight laryngitis several times. Think he could handle it in his concerts with the right mix of ballads/rock songs, background singers and technic. But this Faces-stuff..his voice is shot after two or three songs imo.

Tom

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:45

RollingFreak
Its a very sad tale for Rod Stewart. He used to be so @#$%& good and he's in between sort of "just losing it" and "not caring anymore"...I would say the main problem is Rod's voice.

I totally agree. I've seen Rod many times over the last 35 years and his voice has definitely deteriorated. OK on ballads but he only does a few rockers because he can't hack it.

I haven't bought a Rod album since he started the songbooks, not my cup of tea and the rock one was poor particularly for a man who was so good at interpreting other people's songs. However, I do think Rod has earned the right to make whatever records he wants and sing with whoever he wants even if fans like me don't like it.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 6, 2012 00:21

Rod hasn't been right since Atlantic Crossing: he had a brief upsurge with the Unplugged & Seated album, but that was with Woody.

The trouble with Rod, since Atlantic Crossing, has been poor songwriting, poor choices of covers, and poor musicianship. He has settled for this rubbish ever since Atlantic Crossing, and that was his fifth solo album.

I think, like Elton John, he has let his image matter more than his career.

Date: October 6, 2012 00:28

Child Of Clay
Rod's bit of a miser, he won't do anything that's not sure to profit him. Faces or duets with Woody wouldn't bring dollar signes to his eyes, especially when he's found there's a huge market for the kind of crap he's been doing for years now.

Crooning drivel for chubby old ladies is a fantastic market for someone that means absolutely zero to the world of rock'n'roll and has't for eons.

Hopefully he'll do three or four more Shitmas albums so he can destroy his past even more and permanently seal the door of what made him.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 6, 2012 00:31

"Oh Santa, I wished I never seen your face - you made a first class "bad boy" out of me - I was blind as a child could be- you stole my milk and cookies and that's what really hurts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-06 00:33 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2012 00:56

Hey don't forget this baby........

All I want for xmas is a rock & roll electric guitar ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home