Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Please Allow Me To Introduce The Gorilla - GRRRegory!
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 4, 2012 22:36

And he has his own twitter page.

And.....he's from London and NYC. (Maybe my theory in the MOMA thread was right??) tongue sticking out smiley

[twitter.com]

Re: Please Allow Me To Introduce The Gorilla - GRRRegory!
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 4, 2012 22:49

too funny smiling smiley

Thanks again CE

ps
Someone should introduce the gorilla to the bronx zoo cobra [twitter.com] He/She can be quite funny... maybe they can follow each other on twitter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-04 23:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 4, 2012 23:03

and note the London and New York · on the page

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 4, 2012 23:20

Max'sKansasCity

YES!! See, I'm gonna be right about The Empire State Building!!grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 4, 2012 23:30

Cocaine Eyes
Max'sKansasCity

YES!! See, I'm gonna be right about The Empire State Building!!grinning smiley

L'Wren can be the heroine and rescue Mick, or maybe the gorilla from the top of the building. I bet their doing a comic book to tie-in with the new release.grinning smiley

Date: October 5, 2012 00:11

From the Super Bowl half time show... I wonder why?

Date: October 5, 2012 00:12

Did the Stones' people open Grrregory's account, so it's an official one? I remember someone on IORR suggested to call the gorilla Gregory some time ago. So they maybe got the idea for the name from here?

Date: October 5, 2012 00:13

latebloomer
..... I bet their doing a comic book to tie-in with the new release.grinning smiley
Maybe...

Date: October 5, 2012 00:15

StrawberriesBlueberries
Did the Stones' people open Grrregory's account, so it's an official one? I remember someone on IORR suggested to call the gorilla Gregory some time ago. So they maybe got the idea for the name from here?

Great question... I remember that same post, SonicDreamer suggested that name for the gorilla...

Here it is [www.iorr.org]

Max'sKansasCity
SonicDreamer
Max'sKansasCity
Rev. Robert W.
SonicDreamer
EddieByword

Even Denzil the Dragon has more class than Gregory the Gorilla.

SonicD

Funny. I drew the opposite conclusion. While the title is terrible--why on Earth would they pick a title that's silly to say out loud?--I'm sort of pleased by the tasteless cover art. It seems a throwback to the mid-70s.
The gorilla's name is Gregory? is that only when he is trouble? ... do they usually call him Gregg?

Well da Gorilla did not look like a "Gertrude" or a "Gerald"....
Sounds good to me thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-05 00:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 5, 2012 00:23

Interesting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-06 04:13 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 5, 2012 00:25

At least the Rolling Stones retweeted Grrregories post on Twitter and told people to follow him:

"May we introduce our good friend @GRRRegory. Please follow our furry friend intimately connected to the band"

So I suppose it's official. The coincidence of the name suggestion here and the appearantly official name is interesting.

Thanks for finding the thread, Max'sKansasCity, that's the one I thought of. What is this Super Bowl thing you posted above? A screen shot from tv?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-05 00:29 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: October 5, 2012 00:27

StrawberriesBlueberries
At least the Rolling Stones retweeted Grrregories post on Twitter and told people to follow him:

"May we introduce our good friend @GRRRegory. Please follow our furry friend intimately connected to the band"

So I suppose it's official. The coincidence of the name suggestion here and the appearantly official name is interesting.

What is this Super Bowl thing you posted above, Max'sKansasCity? A screen shot from tv?

Thanks for the info on officiating the twitter account....
which is where I got the picture above, the gorilla's twitter page. [twitter.com]

Date: October 5, 2012 00:45

Max'sKansasCity
StrawberriesBlueberries

What is this Super Bowl thing you posted above, Max'sKansasCity? A screen shot from tv?

which is where I got the picture above, the gorilla's twitter page. [twitter.com]

Ah, didn't see it. That's interesting for me. Not that I'm interested in football, but I had the idea, which I posted here, that the gorilla animation could turn up in a football stadium, since the Stones music is part of the football season (Legend to Legend) and the gorilla looks like an American footballer. Now there seems really to be a connection between football and Grrregory. If it turned out, I was right, I will feel very clever for a while spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-05 00:47 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: October 5, 2012 00:53

StrawberriesBlueberries
Max'sKansasCity
StrawberriesBlueberries

Ah, didn't see it. That's interesting for me. Not that I'm interested in football, but I had the idea, which I posted here, that the gorilla animation could turn up in a football stadium, since the Stones music is part of the football season (Legend to Legend) and the gorilla looks like an American footballer. Now there seems really to be a connection between football and Grrregory. If it turned out, I was right, I will feel very clever for a while spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 5, 2012 01:05

Wtf are they doing!? confused smiley

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 5, 2012 04:43

Ah...interesting stuff...but what happens if Grrregory starts following you on twit? You do remember Murders in the Rue Morgue? Or was that Olaf, the orangutan?smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home