Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thoughts about the Stones On Palladia
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 23, 2012 04:21

Palladia seems to have dedicated today to our Stones. So far:

Shine a Lite, LSNT, Some Girls-on now , Ladies and Gentelemen-next.

Ive been watching on and off and Ive finally figured out why I havent liked thier sound for the past 22 years, its because Keith doesnt play much anymore.

The difference between the hard driving sound from pre-1990 and now is staggering. If you watch Shine a Lite, it seems like KR plays nothing but the same 5-6 riffs on every song. Take Bills rock and roll bass out and youve got the Stones without teeth.

Please Stones.....keep releasing the old stuff....I can live without new material.... give me a re-mastered DVD of NYC 75....any show from 70 or 71.

David Frost in 68..all British TV appearances......My God, they were so good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-23 04:24 by Cafaro.

Re: Thoughts about the Stones On Palladia
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: September 23, 2012 06:24

My thoughts are .... never get tired of hearing the Ladies and Gentlemen's performance of Love in Vain....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 23, 2012 06:48

You are right, Cafaro. Bill and Charlie are the only constants in the band. And with one constant gone they were always struggling. Keith is the major let down and Ron has been worn down playing the second fiddle to Keith. Mick has kept his head high but, unfortunatelly, his voice has let him down. And add on top of that the fact that the Glimmer Twins burnt their ships as a songwriter duo already in the late 70s and you'll have the formula for The Rolling Stones 2.0 (The Vegas version)...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 23, 2012 07:13

I was watching all of these and we all expect to much out of these guys. Can we really expect Shine a Light to be as good as the other three films its a quarter of a century later. Keith and Ronnie were not as bad as some of you make them out to be in Shine A Light and Keith was coming off a major brain injury. I enjoy all four films and I think they do ok for their age in SAL in fact I really like the Satisfaction version in SAL. Ok L&G is far better and Live in Texas is also outstanding. LSNT I like the sound on that one I think Keith in particuliar played really well in 1981. STop thinking the Rolling Stones 2006 can be the Rolling Stones of 1972.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 23, 2012 07:58

You can be almost as good in 2006 as in 1972. There is no law against that. Take Buddy Guy for example. He is 76 years old now and is almost as good now as he was 40 years ago. Keith is 68 but started losing it decades ago. Many jazz musicians I admire peaked just before they passed away (well over 70 or 80 years old). And you have to take the technical development into consideration. Today you can take a tone-deaf person from the street and make him sound like Tom Jones (or whomever) on stage or in studio. By the way, I think Charlie is, almost, as good in 2006 as he was in 1972.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 23, 2012 08:30

Stoneage
You can be almost as good in 2006 as in 1972. There is no law against that. Take Buddy Guy for example. He is 76 years old now and is almost as good now as he was 40 years ago. Keith is 68 but started losing it decades ago. Many jazz musicians I admire peaked just before they passed away (well over 70 or 80 years old). And you have to take the technical development into consideration. Today you can take a tone-deaf person from the street and make him sound like Tom Jones (or whomever) on stage or in studio. By the way, I think Charlie is, almost, as good in 2006 as he was in 1972.
As usual, Stoneage make great points thumbs up

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: September 23, 2012 09:04

i think sal is great.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: September 23, 2012 09:44

Stoneage
I think Charlie is, almost, as good in 2006 as he was in 1972.

He's probably better.

He had to up his game in recent years.

Date: September 23, 2012 15:53

Keith has always been hit or miss live. One of the best shows I ever saw him play was in 2003 in Boston he was absolutely brilliant at that show. This talk of Keith losing decades ago is sheer nonsense. Buddy Guy is completely different type of musician and NO he can not sing like he did 30 years ago. Keith on the other hand has problems with his fingers at this point as well. B2B tour was a tremendous tour for Keith he played some of his best guitar ever in 1997-1998. His losing it only has come about after his fall. Has he gotten a litle lazy?? Yes, but he has a massive amount of mileage on him and he does well just to be breathing. I've heard some 70,s shows where Keith was awful.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: September 23, 2012 16:05

They blurred out Mick's shirt from Some Girls/Ft. Worth show. LAME.

Date: September 23, 2012 16:11

Yes blurring out his shirt and beeping out swears was VERY LAME!!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 24, 2012 21:46

punkfloyd
They blurred out Mick's shirt from Some Girls/Ft. Worth show. LAME.

So there's Jagger wearing this punk t-shirt with a swastika while looking perfectly made up, his hair coiffed, lips perfect, rogue on his cheek bones, not a blemish showing...Good Grief! No wonder the Patti Smith Group did not last long as an opening act.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home