Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What happened to Doxa´s thread
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: September 6, 2012 23:38

What happened? Something really wrong?

Re: What happened to Doxa´s thread
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 6, 2012 23:44

Moved here.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 6, 2012 23:57

schillid
Moved here.

Why?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 7, 2012 00:06

Probably because we already have one massive thread for the collective complaining we are very fond of here. Everyone hates GRRR! with a passion, and it isn't even out yet. Bad title, bad artwork, only two new songs. Done.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 7, 2012 00:27

flacnvinyl
Probably because we already have one massive thread for the collective complaining we are very fond of here. Everyone hates GRRR! with a passion, and it isn't even out yet. Bad title, bad artwork, only two new songs. Done.

Just for the record.... That is incorrect. Some here dont mind GRRR!, some like GRRR!, some of the kids of posters here love the gorilla, while others are willing to give it a chance with out judging GRRR! by its cover... and still others trust that Mick knows what he is doing and doent need the advice of an internet message board.

The strangest part of it is.... it seems that the people who hate it the most are the ones lashing out and name calling people who are simply going easy on it..... as if one must join the mob of haters or the hating mob will think they must hate the mob.... it is all kind of GRRR!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-07 00:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 7, 2012 01:23

flacnvinyl

We're back to Two!grinning smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 7, 2012 01:40

I cannot believe that Doxa's postulating and arguing thread has been moved. Because it was much more than an immediate reaction to a compilation, namely involving a major understanding of much of the Stones' career.

I wrote an admittedly much simplified answer to explain my disagreement on a general level, in all due respect, to Doxa's position. As one that does not write that often, I now find both the need and the basis to respond taken away from me. A waste of time on my part!

OK, it is not for me to decide! Good night!

Date: September 7, 2012 03:05

I agree with you all about Doxa's thread. His/her post was well thought out, I was just making an assumption on why BV combined it with the thread at large.

@Max - It is important to note that judging the cover art and album title are completely different than judging the record itself. A collection of 50/60/100 Rolling Stones songs, is going to be great. That is a truth we can all agree on. The trouble is that no one needs yet another greatest hits compilation. Least of of all one with such a horrible title and even worse cover.

I don't worship Mick and I don't think anyone should. Everyone makes mistakes, including Jagger. My production studio is located within/next-to a well respected music school/store.. All day I am working with musicians...

I have shown the cover to everyone I work with and each person thought it was a flat out joke on my part. As in, they thought I made up fake artwork for a laugh. When I tell them it is REALLY the artwork, they are dumbfounded, shocked and just shake their heads. No one can really believe that our favorite band would use such childish artwork on a 50th Anniversary box set.

GRRR! doesn't even make sense!! You try saying it while sticking out your tongue... Yeah, exactly. The album, according to the cover, should be called BLEEAAAAHHH!

Date: September 7, 2012 03:21

GRRR! doesn't even make sense!! You try saying it while sticking out your tongue... Yeah, exactly. The album, according to the cover, should be called BLEEAAAAHHH!

True.... grinning smiley

maybe the next album... cover is a Goat in space... called "BLEEAHHHH!" winking smiley

Date: September 7, 2012 03:27

On a side note....
watching my MLB team on one tube....
watching the MTV VMAs on another... and ouch!

Maybe I could start a thread about it... but no... can anyone explain what the fk is going on with "music"(where are the guitars?)(is it all techno, period?) or videos or the "people" there or anything I am seeing? It is like a puzzle we are supposed to figure out or something....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-07 03:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 7, 2012 03:29

Stick with the MLB. There is history, character, and an actual competition. The Clear Channel owned associations/record-companies/venues/radio-stations/tv-stations are all funneling the same junk at the masses. There is a reason Nashville pop artists bring their managers/producers up on stage to accept awards... They didn't write those songs, and they sure as hell weren't a band 1 year ago. 3 pretty faces + pop song = $$$

Date: September 7, 2012 03:31

flacnvinyl
Stick with the MLB. There is history, character, and an actual competition. The Clear Channel owned associations/record-companies/venues/radio-stations/tv-stations are all funneling the same junk at the masses. There is a reason Nashville pop artists bring their managers/producers up on stage to accept awards... They didn't write those songs, and they sure as hell weren't a band 1 year ago. 3 pretty faces + pop song = $$$
Agreed.... and sad smiley

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 7, 2012 04:48

flacnvinyl
...All day I am working with musicians...

I have shown the cover to everyone I work with and each person thought it was a flat out joke on my part. As in, they thought I made up fake artwork for a laugh. When I tell them it is REALLY the artwork, they are dumbfounded, shocked and just shake their heads. No one can really believe that our favorite band would use such childish artwork on a 50th Anniversary box set.

That's everybody's 1st impression after 30 sec.....mine as well. Reminds me of when I went to see the 'Let's Spend The Night Together' film with a group and all of us were expecting to see another Gimme Shelter or L&G. Then all of a sudden the goofy, pastel coloured title credit came on with balloons...and we all instantly deflated....Like...WTF? Is this Loony Tunes? You know, now that I think about it....that may be the exact moment when the Stones lost their mystique....for me at least...even if the movie wasn't that bad.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 7, 2012 04:57

flacnvinyl

So in 50 years they've gone from "you wouldn't let your daughter marry one" to "your kid will like the album covers".

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 7, 2012 05:20

71Tele
flacnvinyl

So in 50 years they've gone from "you wouldn't let your daughter marry one" to "your kid will like the album covers".

Now that's funny...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 7, 2012 09:25

Thanks for your concern, people, but yeah, the thread was thrown into that massive GRRR! one, and got lost there, since there is no point to continue the discussion in that over-spreading mess which, in the end, is about GRRR!, while mine actually was not (my mistake that I put "GRRR!" into its title, and confused BV with that).

I need to admit that I feel a bit down, since I had some hopes for that thing and many fine comments left without a deserved reply. Flacnvinyl adviced me kindly to make a new one, and call it "Stones and creativity", which is a good idea, but I need to say that I lost that feeling now. Time to look forwards, and, hey, it was just another bloody thread; there will be so many of them to come and go.grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-07 09:28 by Doxa.

Date: September 7, 2012 09:51

Doxa
Thanks for your concern, people, but yeah, the thread was thrown into that massive GRRR! one, and got lost there, since there is no point to continue the discussion in that over-spreading mess which, in the end, is about GRRR!, while mine actually was not (my mistake that I put "GRRR!" into its title, and confused BV with that).

I need to admit that I feel a bit down, since I had some hopes for that thing and many fine comments left without a deserved reply. Flacnvinyl adviced me kindly to make a new one, and call it "Stones and creativity", which is a good idea, but I need to say that I lost that feeling now. Time to look forwards, and, hey, it was just another bloody thread; there will be so many of them to come and go.grinning smiley

- Doxa

thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 7, 2012 10:24

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

thumbs up

That was a pity. Ironically, bv (who probably doesn't have much time to read threads in detail) judged your album by its cover....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 7, 2012 11:01

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

thumbs up

That was a pity. Ironically, bv (who probably doesn't have much time to read threads in detail) judged your album by its cover....

maybe dirty harry was in a hurry...

Date: September 7, 2012 19:05

shortfatfanny

maybe dirty harry was in a hurry...

say that 3 times... FAST!! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home