Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 40 Licks out of print - why?
Date: November 30, 2010 12:59

The GR
If another hits package is planned they might put it out to tour behind if new material is not forthcoming.

For all it's short comings 40 Licks was, I believe, the first Stones album in the UK to sell a million copies.

900.000 copies according to this site, but I don't know how accurate this is: [www.beatzenith.com]

Date: November 30, 2010 14:49

skipstone
And really, if UMe was to reissue Forty Licks certainly they'd improve the second disc by replacing the 4 new tracks with some better tracks. Heartbreaker, Happy, She's So Cold and Hang Fire are some that I would replace them with.

...Waiting on a Friend!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 30, 2010 17:57

"It's a shame that Don't Stop / Keys / Stealing / Touch can no longer be found. I like those four tracks a lot." Re-release it as a budget EP!

Try to find the "Four New Licks" EP.

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=225853

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-30 18:11 by kowalski.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: November 30, 2010 18:39

MississippiBullfrog
skipstone
And really, if UMe was to reissue Forty Licks certainly they'd improve the second disc by replacing the 4 new tracks with some better tracks. Heartbreaker, Happy, She's So Cold and Hang Fire are some that I would replace them with.

...Waiting on a Friend!

Happy is already there.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 30, 2010 23:16

Ha ha! OOPS! Ha ha. I made my own, minus the two 'heart' songs as well as removed Angie and You Got Me Rocking...then made another one without any of the Licks sessions songs and added Doo Doo Doo and She's So Cold and Hang Fire and Out Of Tears - something like that. Much better...

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 30, 2010 23:42

I'd remove three of the new songs (keeping Don't Stop) and restore all tracks to their full versions. Then there's room for one or two more songs, so that would be Sway and possibly Hold on to Your Hat.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home