Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Wheather report from Finland
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 1, 2010 23:35

A lager-lout back in England is a beer swilling, usually young(male or female)layabout.I am a middle aged Stones loving, lager (in moderation ) drinking ,have a good life guy.Love live music in a small pub or bar or a large venue(as long as I have good seats)and I am happy. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Re: Weather report from Finland
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 2, 2010 00:33

Rats, it started snowing and it's -11°C here but with that windchill it's like freakin' -24°C c-c-c-cold.
I was set to see Chris Jagger and Charlie Hart tonight but it was already late 'cause of recording some guitars with a friend....the weather though, really had the last word.

rats, rats, rats angry smiley

[www.wetter.com]

Posted by: marko ()
Date: December 2, 2010 16:27

-11 is very normal in Finland,actually thats a perfect winter temperature!But todays
been very mild about -5 decrees only.I want more snow!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 2, 2010 19:08

crawdaddy
A lager-lout back in England is a beer swilling, usually young(male or female)layabout.I am a middle aged Stones loving, lager (in moderation ) drinking ,have a good life guy.Love live music in a small pub or bar or a large venue(as long as I have good seats)and I am happy. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

crawdaddy, I know what a "lager -lout " means .
I was just trying to make some joke about "drinking beer with any kind of food"

I didn't mean sounding offensive to you .
Sorry about it .smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 2, 2010 20:43

SwayStones
crawdaddy

I never knew what "lager-lout" means.

Gosh, this board is so educational!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 2, 2010 22:18

AS cold as it is now. This year ranks as one of the 3 hottest on record.
[news.yahoo.com]

Date: December 2, 2010 22:46

Edith Grove
SwayStones
crawdaddy

I never knew what "lager-lout" means.

Gosh, this board is so educational!

EG,I told you before that English or American slang has no secrecy for me .cool smiley

See, I must have been an American citizen on ancient days ...
I pronounce the letter Z " zee ",not zed.
I skip the "u" from "neighbor" .
I very often say "You know" and "See..."

December 2004 variant of 'Notice of Revocation of Independence' purportedly authored by former Monty Python member John Cleese.

NOTE: This is one version of a viral joke circulating since November 2000. Though it is attributed on websites and in emails to former Monty Python member John Cleese, he did not actually write it.

1. You should look up revocation in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up aluminium. Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'favour' and 'neighbour', skipping the letter 'U' is nothing more than laziness on your part. Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters. You will end your love affair with the letter 'Z' (pronounced 'zed' not 'zee') and the suffix ize will be replaced by the suffix ise. You will learn that the suffix 'burgh' is pronounced 'burra' e.g. Edinburgh. You are welcome to respell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you can't cope with correct pronunciation.

Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up vocabulary. Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 2, 2010 22:53

Yep, it's cold outside.

Date: December 2, 2010 23:12

Hi Sway...............I thought ''lager- lout'' was a U.K. thing and Europhiles didn't know too much about this U.K. sort of thing.They obviously do.Having a drink in moderation is a good thing,but having too much is not. I am pretty thick skinned and don't get offended by little things at all. Life is for living. smoking smiley

Date: December 4, 2010 10:55

Today freezing or not,lot of beers and vodka,as my sister is getting married on january 8th,so today we´re having the pre-party before wedding,,whats the word in english..?

Date: December 4, 2010 12:44

You could call it a few things.A realy good piss-up would be one.A terrific booze-up would be another.One to avoid because you feel realy ill afterwards is............Getting absolutely legless and rat-arsed.Have a great time and enjoy yourselves today. >grinning smiley<smileys with beer>grinning smiley<

Date: December 4, 2010 13:02

rat-arsed,thats the way for tonight!smileys with beer and more of this smileys with beer and this drinking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 4, 2010 14:17

Snowbound UK, courtesy of the BBC (even some Stones content in the soundtrack).

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: December 4, 2010 15:32

Thanks for the link Green Lady. I am in Spain till later on this month and lovely clips of the snow back home.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 18, 2010 13:03

Winter in Holland

This is how it looks like out here

It's snowing and the sun is shining

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2010 14:03

Well, all I can say is: Have some fun with a Fin. cool smiley

Date: December 18, 2010 15:21

LOL right now its about -13 decrees and a hard wind,its bloody freezing outside!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 18, 2010 16:30

Marko, I'm sure you're feeling good with that weather conditions in Finlandcool smiley. Here it's -2 degrees and quiet.

Nico, how did you get there? In my neighbourhood there are many mills: Kinderdijk you know. Must be beautiful and crowded there right now.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 18, 2010 18:00

No kleermaker I did.t take this pictures this time, I just took this pictures because it looks like where I live there are a some around here

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 18, 2010 19:08

must be global warming

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 18, 2010 20:27

It's minus 11 at night here in Hertforshire and the coldest temperature I've ever known. Looks like we're in it for the long haul with snow making driving virtually impossible. Man, we Brits just ain't prepared for a serious winter.

Date: December 18, 2010 20:34

Damp and wet in not so sunny Espana at the moment.Due to fly to Gatwick on morning of 22nd December so keeping everything crossed I get back home for Christmas. smoking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 19, 2010 02:32

slew
must be global warming
It is.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 19, 2010 02:48

SwayStones
For swiss
this is the olive tree....smiling smiley

aaawww...I love that olive tree. Hope she's doing ok!thanks for posting SwayStones.

- swiss

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: December 19, 2010 03:23

Today in Tenerife, 26º C 79F

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 19, 2010 09:41

carlitosbaez

Carlitos
Tenerife

Thank you Carlitos... sad smiley
Got 9 below in Oslo and plenty of new ugly snow!
Heading to Dubai for 10 days on Saturday. Can't wait.
Happy Sunday

TE
Oslo

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 19, 2010 12:31

carlitosbaez

Carlitos
Tenerife
Yes but..........................................................O.K. no buts, you win

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: December 19, 2010 15:03

I am pretty sure if you are going now to the beach you´ll get those bikini´s off.
Now it´s 25ºC. I´d not mind being at the snow right now.

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: December 20, 2010 16:07

swiss
SwayStones
For swiss
this is the olive tree....smiling smiley

aaawww...I love that olive tree. Hope she's doing ok!thanks for posting SwayStones.

- swiss

I recalled how much you liked my last year pic,swiss,that's why I posted this one .winking smiley
btw,how come you said "she" when talking about a non human ?
Last September I had some English lessons -the teacher was real good btw - and I asked him whether or not I shoul say "it" for .......an object,an animal,a pet etc.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 20, 2010 19:03

It's been snowing like hell, but no problem here in Finland at least as far as using aeroplanes go:thumbs up

[www.bbc.co.uk]

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home