Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Jaggers "primitive cool"
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: August 22, 2012 00:57

Its a great---and soooo underrated album. throwaway--Radio control Primitive cool Kow tow are clasics. play it loud.. --and youll hear the Rolling Stones....

Re: Jaggers "primitive cool"
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 22, 2012 01:08

Havo, please. The cover art is bad enough...but to also have to listen?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 22, 2012 01:09

It's accurately rated, I'm afraid. Worst disc ever put out by any of the Stones.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 22, 2012 02:40

This album is neither primitive nor cool. Talk amongst yourselves.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 22, 2012 03:00

Havo
Its a great---and soooo underrated album. throwaway--Radio control Primitive cool Kow tow are clasics. play it loud.. --and youll hear the Rolling Stones....

Love all this album except the lyrics to Let's work...they needed a bit more work........

Party Girl's almost as good as Faraway Eyes, almost...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-22 03:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2012 05:19

EddieByword
Havo

Love all this album except the lyrics to Let's work...they needed a bit more work........

Party Girl's almost as good as Faraway Eyes, almost...........

That's ironic.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 22, 2012 06:34

Munichhilton
Havo, please. The cover art is bad enough...but to also have to listen?

lol...
Those were dark days for Stones fans.

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:19

I'll still give it a spin for some of the melodies but this album blows. It is one of Jagger's weakest songwriting efforts ever. Even the good stuff like Kow Tow is destroyed by the horrid production. The production on War Baby is the worst produced track any Stone has ever done. That may have been a great song but I can't tell with that 80's garbage on it. Lyrically, Let's Work is possibly the worst thing ever on any Stones or Stones related album. Party Doll, on the other hand, is a treasure that stands up to any ballad he's ever written.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 22, 2012 09:39

Worst album of the entire 80's by any standard.

Mathijs

Date: August 22, 2012 09:53

A few good ideas, but a horrendous production and in general piss poor song writing, imo. I like Party Doll until the fake flute kicks in, though.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 22, 2012 10:14

I'm the first to admit that my Stones fandom is Jagger-centric. I adore Wandering Spirit. I would go as far to say that I like much of Goddess in the Doorway, Running Out of Luck even has a special place in my heart, and I thing that Just Another Night is the most underrated Jagger tune ever.

Primitive Cool sucks donkey balls.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 22, 2012 13:13

Kow Tow is a great song. Shame about the cover and Let's Work - Jagger's embracing of Margaret Thatcher's get up off your fat arse work ethic. Shameful that Jagger picked that up.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 22, 2012 13:35

PRIMITIVE COOL (a sort of) appreciation thread
[www.iorr.org]

Date: August 22, 2012 13:42

Silver Dagger
Kow Tow is a great song. Shame about the cover and Let's Work - Jagger's embracing of Margaret Thatcher's get up off your fat arse work ethic. Shameful that Jagger picked that up.

I always thought this was about carrying on the Live Aid ethos, Let's work (togethor) to kill poverty.etc.....
I'd never thought of Thatcher...urghhh.....yeah, I guess it is a bit preachy in some parts..........hmmmmm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-22 13:50 by EddieByword.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2012 14:01

who knew at the time, Party Doll would be the stand out track 25 years on?

Other than the atrocious "Let's Work", the songs were overall not bad, but the production absolutely kills this album off.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 22, 2012 14:08

EddieByword
Silver Dagger

I always thought this was about carrying on the Live Aid ethos, Let's work (togethor) to kill poverty.etc.....
I'd never thought of Thatcher...urghhh.....yeah, I guess it is a bit preachy in some parts..........hmmmmm

It was exactly around the time that Norman 'Chingford Polecat' Tebbit made his get on your bikes speech.

Date: August 22, 2012 15:08

Silver Dagger
EddieByword
Silver Dagger

It was exactly around the time that Norman 'Chingford Polecat' Tebbit made his get on your bikes speech.

I remember him of course, his wife was paralysed by the IRA bomb in Brighton.
Yeah they (The Tories) were pretty ruthless in Wales esp. during the miner's strike. (Better not get into it though......eye popping smiley lest another form of ruthlessness of the deactivating kind heads our way from Norway ...grinning smiley)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-22 15:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 22, 2012 16:47

I beg to differ regarding Primintive Cool being the worst cd of the 80's....not by a long stretch! Let's Work is not a favorite of mine and I confess to never listening to it. Wandering Spirit and Primitive Cool AND Goddess IN The Doorway are way under-rated, IMO. Overlooked perhaps because Keith spent so much time dissing them....." Dog S*** in the Doorway", very ridiculous comment, even for Keith.

Date: August 22, 2012 16:54

DandelionPowderman
I like Party Doll until the fake flute kicks in, though.

Isn't the fake flute just a metaphor for the whole idea of Jagger without Richards though? It had to be included for this reason alone. Just so we all know Mick was aware he wasn't fooling anyone...

Wait is that mickschix I hear coming up behind me?

Date: August 22, 2012 17:21

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
I like Party Doll until the fake flute kicks in, though.

Isn't the fake flute just a metaphor for the whole idea of Jagger without Richards though? It had to be included for this reason alone. Just so we all know Mick was aware he wasn't fooling anyone...

Wait is that mickschix I hear coming up behind me?

thumbs up

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 22, 2012 17:30

would it be going too far to suggest the following? ---

Anyone who praises this album or even suggests it's anything other than a total piece of garbage has the worst taste in music and any further comment they make about ANY music should be completely ignored and written off as utter ignorance. And furthermore that such a person should be banished from this site henceforth and allow those with an honest appreciation for what is good and noble to be free from those who would offend our very senses.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: August 22, 2012 17:32

can I get some of what you've got?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 22, 2012 18:05

Some good stuff:

Kow Tow
Throwaway
Party Doll
Say You Will
Shoot Off
Peace For The Wicked

Real crapola:

Let's Work - prolly the worst song associated with any Stones except "Back To Zero"
War Baby - WTF was he thinking?

I always thought if "Say You Will" would have been the 1st single, it coulda broke big. Would that have been great or the end of the Stones?

Date: August 22, 2012 19:18

Havo

i think it's terrible, poppy synth laden garbage. 'she's the boss' was awful, too

i have no idea why jagger would want to put himself square into the huey lewis / phil collins race at that time as music's biggest dildo by releasing this stuff

these albums are only memorable in that you want to forget them

wandering spirit was much better at least, though, i ll give him that

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: August 22, 2012 19:18

hmm....take a chance and listen to Bill Wyman first solo effort......primitive cool has a good cover art, though its not to everybodys taste.

Date: August 22, 2012 19:22

pinkfloydthebarber

i remember trying to forget to remember to forget....

Date: August 22, 2012 19:37

StonesTod
pinkfloydthebarber

Wrong guy...stick to subject

Date: August 22, 2012 19:39

Munichhilton
StonesTod
pinkfloydthebarber

Wrong guy...stick to subject

the king is dead but he's not forgotten

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: August 22, 2012 20:20

say you will is awesome,and kow tow.also shoot off your mouth.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: August 22, 2012 20:37

Silver Dagger

Yea...shameful...Work Ethic and all that useless shite...who needs to work when the dole and sitting on your fat arse is so much easier...better to "Hang Fire" right Silver Dagger?

In the sweet old country where I come from
Nobody ever works
Yeah nothing gets done
We hang fire, we hang fire

You know marrying money is a full time job
I don't need the aggravation
I'm a lazy slob
I hang fire, I hang fire
Hang fire, put it on the wire

We've got nothing to eat
We got nowhere to work
Nothing to drink
We just lost our shirts
I'm on the dole
We ain't for hire
Say what the hell
Say what the hell, hang fire
Hang fire, hang fire, put it on the wire
Doo doo doo

here's ten thousand dollars go have some fun
Put it all on at a hundred to one
Hang fire, hang fire, put it on the wire

May I suggest that the philosophy of getting off your fat arse and working for what you want is not shameful...but perhaps the music and lyrics that Jagger thought would be inspirational and released as the drivel that is Let's Work is what should truly elicit shame? Here was the man who once wrote masterpieces of social commentary such as Street Fighting Man and Sympathy For The Devil and Indian Girl spewing forth skin-deep Aerobics-Class inanities...beyond shameful...do not blame this shit on Maggie T.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home