Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's How I Wish guitar solo
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 27, 2010 23:01

What a great tone and sound... I am not sure if Keith played it or Waddy , it sounds like a solo Keith could have nailed... I strongly feel this is Keiths greatest period as a player.

Re: Keith's How I Wish guitar solo
Posted by: benon again ()
Date: November 27, 2010 23:46

Waddy is Keith`s ghost player so it doenst matter smiling smiley it is one of the greatests and the simplest solos in rock history...amen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-27 23:46 by benon again.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 28, 2010 02:44

It's Waddy on the solo and Keef on the open G rhythm.

Date: November 28, 2010 03:58

Loudei
What a great tone and sound... I am not sure if Keith played it or Waddy , it sounds like a solo Keith could have nailed... I strongly feel this is Keiths greatest period as a player.

Oh I so agree. "Talk is Cheap" and "Main Offender" are next to the Stones' Golden Era, when it comes to Keithian in-and output.
The band and the albums are some of the best things he has done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-28 18:21 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: November 28, 2010 07:05

benon again
Waddy is Keith`s ghost player so it doenst matter smiling smiley it is one of the greatests and the simplest solos in rock history...amen

It's Not really a secret since Waddy is credited in the liner notes.

Doesn't Waddy play a slide on this solo?

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 28, 2010 07:08

Can't remember who played the solo on this song, but without trying to threadjack, I was recently listening to the Winos Palladium album and had forgotten how well he played with Keith. Better chemistry than he's had with Ronnie since 1989, really. Sometimes I wonder if they had him playing on every track on "Bridges" because they were considering him as a replacement if Ronnie couldn't get it together. Is that too far out of there a thought?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 28, 2010 11:51

theimposter
Can't remember who played the solo on this song, but without trying to threadjack, I was recently listening to the Winos Palladium album and had forgotten how well he played with Keith. Better chemistry than he's had with Ronnie since 1989, really. Sometimes I wonder if they had him playing on every track on "Bridges" because they were considering him as a replacement if Ronnie couldn't get it together. Is that too far out of there a thought?

Well, Waddy does ply on about every track on Bridges. He was in LA with the Stones for a prolonged period of time, while Wood only did some session work between rehab.

Mathijs

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 28, 2010 18:06

That's what I was saying Mathijs, I found it interesting in retrospect that they utilized Waddy far more than Ronnie on the album. I imagine it's unlikely, but I wonder if Ronnie was in one of his bad drinking phases and Keith brought Waddy on as a potential replacement. After all, a multi-million dollar tour was riding on it. And this is when Keith himself still seemed more interested in playing the guitar than merely posing with it.

I still think Keith and Waddy complimented each other's playing far better on the Winos tours than Ronnie and Keith did on any of the last 4 tours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home