Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I've never seen this Keith interview before...
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 28, 2012 13:08

Talks a bit about the Nevilles / Meters / New Orleans in the second half:

Re: I've never seen this Keith interview before...
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2012 13:25

Fanks Edith nice find .... go to the front of the class ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 28, 2012 14:59

Thank you very much!!!

I clearly see in this video the last stages of the "traditional" Keith Richards (being himself) and the first stages of the building (when the foundations were laid) of the Keith Richads being (acting as) Keith Richards: the legend, the character, the celebrity, the man who deserves to reap the benefits of decades of work. The current Keith Richards who we simultaneously love and hate stems from this period.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 28, 2012 15:40

Great discovery...thanks! I thought I'd rooted around in every corner of YouTube, missed this one!!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 28, 2012 16:29

Thanks kindly! I'd never seen that one either. Great find......hot smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 28, 2012 19:05

Check the INA site from time to time there's always somethin' to catch...but not enuff grinning smiley

Link here (sorry in french)
INA.FR

Some footage from the link above has already been posted winking smiley

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-28 19:06 by Honestman.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 28, 2012 22:44

awesome - he was much more human and real here - and what's interesting is Mick seems to have gone through a reverse mutation - once aloof, posing and too aware of himself - now semi down-to-earth and human

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-28 22:45 by hbwriter.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: May 29, 2012 00:54

Thanks

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: May 29, 2012 05:26

Great stuff. Thanks so much for smoking smileysharing.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: May 29, 2012 06:05

Many thanks for posting this!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 29, 2012 11:46

Great to see.

I must say, one of my pet peeves is sober video of rock stars with reputations for using substances, and people superimposing comments like “He’s so stoned here!” when the rock star in fact is actually plainly sober.

Having said that—and I may be wrong here—the word “Merck” does come to mind. Especially in the first, outside, bit.

Date: May 29, 2012 11:55

hbwriter
awesome - he was much more human and real here - and what's interesting is Mick seems to have gone through a reverse mutation - once aloof, posing and too aware of himself - now semi down-to-earth and human

Exactly.

Wait - were they actually saying that they were going to have to edit Keith's Marlboro out? he actually looked a bit pissed off about that. And yes - the word 'Merck' does come to mind. It's the first part - he seems ill at ease, almost like he just woke up, and is still settling in.
I see N.O very much the way Keith said, and the Neville tribe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-29 12:15 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: May 29, 2012 18:39

It's interesting that someone said the word 'Merck' comes to mind during the first part. I also was thinking that.

But, I found it interesting/intriguing that during the second part where he's talking about the music, the Nevilles, the Meters, Fats Domino, the music of New Orleans etc. he's much more settled, more calm, more at ease. For me, that was so obviously clear - it's the only thing (perhaps) that settles his soul. Music!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 2, 2012 21:14

Title5Take1
Great to see.

I must say, one of my pet peeves is sober video of rock stars with reputations for using substances, and people superimposing comments like “He’s so stoned here!” when the rock star in fact is actually plainly sober.

Having said that—and I may be wrong here—the word “Merck” does come to mind. Especially in the first, outside, bit.

Yup, he's coked as hell, maybe uppers and drinking. A couple of downers of course and probably a joint. The booze is the real damage since he doesnt get "drunk" when doing coke or uppers. I dont like the clip because I think he's actually heading in the wrong direction and in a weird way in worse shape than in he 70s - because of the booze. But I enjoyed seeing it. Thanks for uploading.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 2, 2012 23:51

Pretty typical dude, kicking back on the deck with a drink and man's best friend. Sounds way too familiar to me!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2012 00:58

Always lovely to hear Keith talk with affection about his ‘hometown’, London – even though he’s from Dartford, Kent. Great find, thank you.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 3, 2012 01:19

shadooby
Pretty typical dude, kicking back on the deck with a drink and man's best friend. Sounds way too familiar to me!

Funny how fans see things differently. I see a rockstar with a major coke itch doing his part of a scheduled segment with Jane Rose present.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: August 16, 2012 06:31

Looong interview! Lovely bit of Make no mistake in the end <3

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 16, 2012 10:40

Why Keith is a twat.

"I was supposed to have gone today and joined the rest of the boys... as usual a day late".

That's inexcusable.

There's nothing wrong with him, it's just selfish.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: August 16, 2012 13:18

I wonder what reason he gave for showing up a DAY late, or if he even told them.

I supose the guy has never had a job in his life and has no concept of time, but still...he was in his 40's at this point...pretty lame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-16 13:21 by brownsugar86.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 16, 2012 14:25

We have heard a lot of what he says here repeated many times since, so it doesn't seem as new as it probably did at the time, but in nearly an hour and a half of interview the only point of interest is Keith's unpunctuality?

Interesting sideline on the whole playing-at-the-Olympics question: when Keith is talking about Johnny Marr and the Smiths, it's clear that he doesn't have that great an interest in British music or British bands: his focus is on America. The Stones can't escape their British origins, but they aren't a "British band" any more in the way that the Kinks or the Smiths or the Who are - more like citizens of the world.

He just doesn't know what to do with his hands in an interview when there isn't a guitar or a glass or a cigarette in them, does he? And the more uncomfortable he feels about answering the question, the more he fidgets with his ring and runs fingers through his hair. He just hasn't got Mick's talent for deflecting questions he doesn't want to talk about - and there are a few uncomfortable ones from an interviewer clearly hoping for more "World War 3" quotes about Mick, with Keith trying to give a reasonable answer without causing hostilities to break out again.

This is Keith at the point of an important decision - whether to continue with the Winos, or to go back to the Stones. I'm still not sure that he made the right choice, but it's in his rather lazy character (like the unpunctuality) to stick with the familiar rather than do something more challenging if he isn't forced into it by circumstances.

Anyway, as MRambler says, lovely snippet of Make No Mistake at the end.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 16, 2012 15:15

Green Lady
We have heard a lot of what he says here repeated many times since, so it doesn't seem as new as it probably did at the time, but in nearly an hour and a half of interview the only point of interest is Keith's unpunctuality?

Interesting sideline on the whole playing-at-the-Olympics question: when Keith is talking about Johnny Marr and the Smiths, it's clear that he doesn't have that great an interest in British music or British bands: his focus is on America. The Stones can't escape their British origins, but they aren't a "British band" any more in the way that the Kinks or the Smiths or the Who are - more like citizens of the world.

He just doesn't know what to do with his hands in an interview when there isn't a guitar or a glass or a cigarette in them, does he? And the more uncomfortable he feels about answering the question, the more he fidgets with his ring and runs fingers through his hair. He just hasn't got Mick's talent for deflecting questions he doesn't want to talk about - and there are a few uncomfortable ones from an interviewer clearly hoping for more "World War 3" quotes about Mick, with Keith trying to give a reasonable answer without causing hostilities to break out again.

This is Keith at the point of an important decision - whether to continue with the Winos, or to go back to the Stones. I'm still not sure that he made the right choice, but it's in his rather lazy character (like the unpunctuality) to stick with the familiar rather than do something more challenging if he isn't forced into it by circumstances.

Anyway, as MRambler says, lovely snippet of Make No Mistake at the end.

Very good analysis, Green Lady. I too was fascinated by Keith's body language as much as what he was actually saying in this interview. Sometimes I wonder if the guy has ADHD, he seems to find it so hard to sit still. You can see some of the inate shyness is still there, especially when he smiles that sweet smile.

Date: August 16, 2012 15:25

GravityBoy
Why Keith is a twat.

"I was supposed to have gone today and joined the rest of the boys... as usual a day late".

That's inexcusable.

There's nothing wrong with him, it's just selfish.

That's right and Keith admitted it in an interview with Canada's Terry Mulligan in the early '90's. They're talking about drugs and Keith looks away from Terry, directly into the camera and says "It makes you selfish". Keith doesn't try to cover the truth about addiction. I've never seen him say it's cool, it's wonderful, etc. Just the opposite......"it's selfish".

smoking smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 16, 2012 15:28

Thanx for this! Never seen before. Had it ever been screened?

And yeah, seems like he'd had a bit of his "Merk" breakfast, - but no big thing. I've seen much worse than this.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 16, 2012 21:36

Ya'll think Keith's body language might be "chemically" induced ?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 16, 2012 22:12

Edith Grove

Probably Edith Grove, but I still think that, with or without the drugs, he is a fidgity guy. In his book he explains that he took barbituates to come down from his hyper natural energy level. People didn't know about attention deficit then, but knowing something about the symptoms, I'll bet he would at least have been tested if people knew then what they know now about the disorder.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 16, 2012 23:33

latebloomer
Edith Grove

Probably Edith Grove, but I still think that, with or without the drugs, he is a fidgity guy. In his book he explains that he took barbituates to come down from his hyper natural energy level. People didn't know about attention deficit then, but knowing something about the symptoms, I'll bet he would at least have been tested if people knew then what they know now about the disorder.

Maybe he should have taken ritalin instead of heroin...

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: August 16, 2012 23:53

WOW, This was super!!!
Thanks for posting this EDITH!!!

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: August 17, 2012 01:16

that was fun..thanks for the link

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home