Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: NYC music clubs
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 15, 2012 23:29

Any suggestions for clubs in NYC to enjoy good music? My daughter is moving to NYC for college soon, she will be living in the Chelsea area, her school is a five minute walk from Penn Station/Madison Square Garden. She loves going to hear live bands and I haven't any idea what to suggest, I'm talking low key places where the music is good, the prices are cheap, and she won't have to travel too far.

Re: OT: NYC music clubs
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 16, 2012 02:42

If you don't get any good answers on here then I recommend you ask on the NYC reddit page. [www.reddit.com]

Date: August 16, 2012 03:37

GumbootCloggeroo
If you don't get any good answers on here then I recommend you ask on the NYC reddit page. [www.reddit.com]

Thanks GumbootCloggeroo, I took a look at the page, lots of cool stuff there.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2012 09:15

Tell her ta save her money and throw a party at her own pad and invite us all over... Her life'll never be the same again ..

ROCKMAN

Date: August 16, 2012 11:02

Rockman
Tell her ta save her money and throw a party at her own pad and invite us all over... Her life'll never be the same again ..

HAH! Well, I am trying to get her to save her money, actually save my money, but I think she's a little too young and innocent for the likes of this crowd. But then, that's what the parents always think...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2012 11:45

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ROCKMAN

Date: August 16, 2012 12:57

latebloomer
Any suggestions for clubs in NYC to enjoy good music? My daughter is moving to NYC for college soon, she will be living in the Chelsea area, her school is a five minute walk from Penn Station/Madison Square Garden. She loves going to hear live bands and I haven't any idea what to suggest, I'm talking low key places where the music is good, the prices are cheap, and she won't have to travel too far.

Smalls is a nice jazz club in the Village.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 16, 2012 14:46

New York's hottest club is ...

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: August 16, 2012 15:05

There's not much happening in Manhattan these days - gentrification and the resulting price hikes have closed down most of the good rock clubs over the last decade. Brownie's and Luna Lounge are gone but definitely not forgotten. Arlene's is still around, though.

She'll find her way into Brooklyn soon enough. Littlefield's down in Gowanus, Matchless in Greenpoint, Trash Bar in Williamsburg - and they're just the tip of the iceburg. Plenty of live music options in the 718!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 16, 2012 21:04

Some choicessmileys with beer

Date: August 16, 2012 22:15

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, real and otherwise! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home