Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Truth, Pure Fiction And Many Rumours
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 10, 2012 16:21

Would someone here kindly post what's true, what's fiction and what's merely rumour?

We had:
- the Stones rehearsing in New Jersey prior to SNL but then only Jagger showed up for SNL!

- we recently heard about them rehearsing in London.....did they do that?

- recently we also had them at La Fourchette, apparently rehearsing...did that happen?

- we had the Paris Match debacle!

- now we have them maybe/kinda/perhaps/sorta/who knows performing at the Olympics closing ceremony!

Uhhhmmm, I can't be the only one who's totally confused!

Any help.....from anyone? Someone surely must know the truth!cool smiley Other than THEM, I mean.........

Thanks,
CE

confused smiley

Re: Truth, Pure Fiction And Many Rumours
Date: August 10, 2012 16:24

The Stones are good at misleading, when they want things to be top secret winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 10, 2012 16:35

DandelionPowderman
The Stones are good at misleading, when they want things to be top secret winking smiley

Maybe, but there are a lot of other people including some who are here, that are just as good at misleading. grinning smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 10, 2012 16:35

the stones themselves don't know truth from fiction. only gazza knows for sure...

Date: August 10, 2012 16:39

I know they are very good at building anticipation......but this is even beyond their usual antics.

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 10, 2012 17:03

All of these things happened in some parallel universe somewhere, according to some theories of the multiverse which account for infinite realities.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 10, 2012 17:40

The only musical get-togethers were for three days in London in December and just over a week in New York and NJ in early May. They're not 'rumours' - theyve been confirmed by the band.

Contrary to the report on the news page of this site, Wyman was NOT present with the band in May. Just the one in December.

The Paris one was totally fictitious and I personally havent heard anything to confirm they were playing together at La Fourchette recently.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 10, 2012 17:48

ok, so you can now all go back to your dreary, workaday lives...or something...

Date: August 10, 2012 18:25

HA. Playing the Olympics. Nice joke!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 10, 2012 18:30

Rumour is Spice Girls are playing the Finale Sunday.

Date: August 10, 2012 18:38

Gazza
The only musical get-togethers were for three days in London in December and just over a week in New York and NJ in early May. They're not 'rumours' - theyve been confirmed by the band.

Contrary to the report on the news page of this site, Wyman was NOT present with the band in May. Just the one in December.

The Paris one was totally fictitious and I personally havent heard anything to confirm they were playing together at La Fourchette recently.

Thanks kindly, Gazza.

smiling smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 10, 2012 19:02

Keith once shot a parrot with his gun because it was Mick's parrot.

True story.

Date: August 10, 2012 19:08

Mick went to Switzerland to have his blood changed.

True story.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 10, 2012 19:10

I once ate a shoe with cheese on it.

True story?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 10, 2012 19:23

If MightyStonesRollin50 were here he would say how this is all part of some brilliant script that only The Stones have the know-how to come up with.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 10, 2012 19:24

I, for one, find it all tedious!! I want an answer soon so I can make a plan! GEEEE!

Date: August 10, 2012 19:34

GumbootCloggeroo
If MightyStonesRollin50 were here he would say how this is all part of some brilliant script that only The Stones have the know-how to come up with.

ah, the good ole days, last month.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 10, 2012 19:53

The rumors were from here, not the band. Let's not forget the release of the download from a 2005 club date, with art and everything. The Stones sure aren't going to announce anything until after the Olympics are done sucking up all the headlines.

Date: August 10, 2012 20:08

OK.......I finally have the TRUTH.

I'm the only one who will sing, dance, juggle, ride a unicycle, recite poetry and humbly do a rendition of God Save The Queen on a harmonica at the Olympics Finale!

I'm leaving Toronto this afternoon to arrive at a secret place in London or Paris or Conncticut or New Jersey to rehearse my act. grinning smiley

Date: August 10, 2012 20:32

GumbootCloggeroo

Do you really have to bring that nit's name up?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 10, 2012 21:19

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 10, 2012 21:23

Cocaine Eyes
OK.......I finally have the TRUTH.

I'm the only one who will sing, dance, juggle, ride a unicycle, recite poetry and humbly do a rendition of God Save The Queen on a harmonica at the Olympics Finale!

I'm leaving Toronto this afternoon to arrive at a secret place in London or Paris or Conncticut or New Jersey to rehearse my act. grinning smiley

There might be a circus rolling through town. You could travel with them. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 10, 2012 21:45

Munichhilton
I once ate a shoe with cheese on it.

True story?

Lies...you donĀ“t like cheese.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 10, 2012 23:06

Mick wanted to replace Keith with Mick Ronson or a tub of lard in 1978, he wasn't bothered either way.

True story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-10 23:10 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 13, 2012 06:25

I for one wish that the band would officially say something. Maybe they are not physically able, maybe Keith has deteriorated to a point where he can't do it anymore I don't know but if they can not do it I wish they would come out and end the whole thing and concentrate on what is in the can and do some things with the back catalog.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 13, 2012 06:36

Rumours they've been around since year dot there would of been talk around the time the stone wheel was invented..that stones wouldn't roll

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:19

Date: August 13, 2012 09:28

slew
I for one wish that the band would officially say something. Maybe they are not physically able, maybe Keith has deteriorated to a point where he can't do it anymore I don't know but if they can not do it I wish they would come out and end the whole thing and concentrate on what is in the can and do some things with the back catalog.

Haven't we already been getting that though, GYYYO deluxe, Exile Deluxe, Some Girls Deluxe, Some Girls Texas, the live album downloads.

How much material can I be expected to absorb?!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:40

treaclefingers
slew

Haven't we already been getting that though, GYYYO deluxe, Exile Deluxe, Some Girls Deluxe, Some Girls Texas, the live album downloads.

How much material can I be expected to absorb?!

ladies and gentlemen...deluxe

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:57

For the London 'jam', Jagger was only present for an hour. The NY get together was only for shooting material for a DVD retrospective.

Mathijs

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home