Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Happy Thanksgiving
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 24, 2010 23:01

Big holiday weekend here in the U.S. I want to wish me fellow IORR's a very happy Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful safe holiday and dress lightly if your going through airport security.....and to make this on topic the last Stones show I saw and the last one in the states was on the day before Thanksgiving in 2006. let's hope another one doesn't go by without a tour!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: Happy Thanksgiving
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 25, 2010 00:17

sweetcharmedlife
dress lightly if your going through airport security.....

I ain't gonna wear nuthin' but a smile!

I figure why not give everybody something to look at?

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2010 01:29

Happy Thanksgiving!

Don't remember if I told this story before, but I had this great Thanksgiving day in San Francisco 2006, and I miss that great mood and day every year, wish I could just fly out and have the same feeling every year...

I had been staying downtown LA Wednesday November 22, 2006 for the Stones show there. Downtown LA is so boring, I got a flight out of LAX at 6am, very early. Landed in SFO i.e. San Francisco an hour later and checked into San Francisco Palace, which I can never afford unless I go on business, but this was Thanksgiving. I wanted some extra luxury. Nice big room. Got my room at 8am which is luxury. So many presidens have been staying there I don't know how many.

As I walked though the fantastic lobby area I noticed the ballroom had nice plates and seating for a real luxury dinner. Posters said Exclusive Thanksgiving Dinner. I asked what it was about and they told me it was full. But as I lived in the hotel so I was in....

I walked the empty city of SF all day. McDonalds was closed. First time I have seen that. The homeless were not to be seen. Shops closed. Just some odd foreign tourists. I had SF on my own and it was so nice and quiet, almost like a city at 5am before anyone wake up.

Time for the luxury dinner at 7pm. Families around me who dined out for Thanksgiving. I was on my own, but as Thanksgiving is not something special for me, I just enjoyed the mood and the food and the nicely dressed families. I stayed there eating and drinkimng for more than three - 3 - hours, never had such a great meal on my own, and I could not eat one little bit anymore. But the memory is there still, and San Francisco Palace is highly recommended for anyone who need some rest and relax, and can afford one night in luxury...

May be on another tour. I will be back then. For sure...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bjornulf

Happy Thanksgiving - Sympathy for the Devil (Sympathy for the Turkey vid)_
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: November 25, 2010 01:18

[1075theeagle.com]

love it!

Wishing all IORR"s a Happy Thanksgiving, US/EUROPE/ASIA/NETHERLANDS/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/CARRIBBEAN/SOUTH PACIFIC/ETC ETC ETC

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: November 25, 2010 02:18

Same here to everyone Happy Thanksgiving

drummer_dude

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 02:31

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 02:42

My favorite US holiday. I miss my family a lot during these four days...the warm home, fire roaring in the fire place. The wonderful smell of cooking, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos, gravy, pumpkin pie...all comfort food. Happy Thanksgiving to all...gobble gobble!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 25, 2010 04:05

bv
Happy Thanksgiving!

Don't remember if I told this story before, but I had this great Thanksgiving day in San Francisco 2006, and I miss that great mood and day every year, wish I could just fly out and have the same feeling every year...

I had been staying downtown LA Wednesday November 22, 2006 for the Stones show there. Downtown LA is so boring, I got a flight out of LAX at 6am, very early. Landed in SFO i.e. San Francisco an hour later and checked into San Francisco Palace, which I can never afford unless I go on business, but this was Thanksgiving. I wanted some extra luxury. Nice big room. Got my room at 8am which is luxury. So many presidens have been staying there I don't know how many.

As I walked though the fantastic lobby area I noticed the ballroom had nice plates and seating for a real luxury dinner. Posters said Exclusive Thanksgiving Dinner. I asked what it was about and they told me it was full. But as I lived in the hotel so I was in....

I walked the empty city of SF all day. McDonalds was closed. First time I have seen that. The homeless were not to be seen. Shops closed. Just some odd foreign tourists. I had SF on my own and it was so nice and quiet, almost like a city at 5am before anyone wake up.

Time for the luxury dinner at 7pm. Families around me who dined out for Thanksgiving. I was on my own, but as Thanksgiving is not something special for me, I just enjoyed the mood and the food and the nicely dressed families. I stayed there eating and drinkimng for more than three - 3 - hours, never had such a great meal on my own, and I could not eat one little bit anymore. But the memory is there still, and San Francisco Palace is highly recommended for anyone who need some rest and relax, and can afford one night in luxury...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Very nice story BV. I believe your talking about the Sheraton Palace. A very old San Francisco hotel with a lot of history...and no I can't afford to stay there either.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 25, 2010 06:42

Many thanks! Same to you all!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 25, 2010 08:22

Happy Thanksgiving

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 25, 2010 09:36

BTW,bv,very nice story !smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 25, 2010 09:40

May be some of you will prefer that one :

I would have liked to take a pic of myself like the photo above and post it here but I wasn't able to find a turkey to put on the dish ....grinning smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 25, 2010 10:27

i hope all American IORR'eans have a fantastic Thanksgiving. smiling smiley

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 25, 2010 11:52

smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 25, 2010 12:07

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends in America. BTW - why is this a sticky? Nothing controversial is there?

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 25, 2010 12:41

SwayStones

I would have liked to take a pic of myself like the photo above and post it here but I wasn't able to find a turkey to put on the dish ....grinning smiley
2 for the price of one. Cooooooool. But how much is the small one?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 25, 2010 15:56

Happy Thanksgiving to all....remember to try and donate to a food bank in your community today. Most food banks are running low on everything.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 16:31

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: November 25, 2010 16:39

SwayStones

I don't think many guys here would have a problem to see you in that pic with only the dish and no turkey on it. They would have the Thanksgiving of their lifegrinning smiley.

Hey you rednecks, have a great weekend (and remember the word Yankee is a contraction of the Dutch forenames Jan and Kees (one of them is my own))!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 25, 2010 16:59

Happy Thanksgiving, all - a little history piece I put together for the holiday

[www.aolnews.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 25, 2010 20:55

Happy Thanksgiving all my American friends.Just seen a clip on English TV over here in Spain of Kirk Douglas and his lovely wife.This icon of the 20th- 21st century was serving food and hospitality at the LA mission.What a Guy!!!At 93, Kirk and his wife are so nice and patriotic to have given their time to the needy. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 25, 2010 20:56

crawdaddy
Happy Thanksgiving all my American friends.Just seen a clip on English TV over here in Spain of Kirk Douglas and his lovely wife.This icon of the 20th- 21st century was serving food and hospitality at the LA mission.What a Guy!!!At 93, Kirk and his wife are so nice and patriotic to have given their time to the needy. >grinning smiley<

haha, I can't believe it, at the same time I was reading your post that same clip was on Croatian TV.>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-25 20:59 by Bitches Brew.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 25, 2010 21:15

Let's hope my friend lots of people have seen that clip,and my guess is that they are obviously hoping for a swift and complete recovery of their son.Kirk and his wife are a very giving couple I reckon'. smoking smiley

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 25, 2010 21:32

Te regalo el Thanksgiving...

carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 26, 2010 01:22

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 26, 2010 06:28

hbwriter
Happy Thanksgiving, all - a little history piece I put together for the holiday

[www.aolnews.cthey] om/weird-news/article/a-thanksgiving-road-map-and-it-doesnt-start-at-plymouth-rock/19728874

hi hbwriter---thanks so much for your article! As a Mayflower descendant and lover of history, I really appreciate an article that honors our earliest settlers, and is completely non-ironic.

These days reverse snobbishness is popular and pervasive. It seems cool and righteous to mock and diminish the Pilgrims. Like you're only a "real American" if you arrived here in the past handful of generations. I understand it's a backlash from years when newcomers were made to feel they weren't authentic Americans (often by some whose families had been here for awhile). And yet, discrediting the past isn't the answer.

So thank you, hbwriter, on this Thanksgiving Day, when 14 generations ago (390 years ago) some of my peeps sought religious refuge on the largely inhospitable rocky shores of New England in the sleety freezing cold and were blessed a year later to enjoy a bountiful thanksgiving harvest--possible only with the charity and generosity of the Native Americans.

- swiss

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 26, 2010 06:33

bv
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

bv, what a great story! I was thinking about your beautiful description of your San Francisco Thanksgiving as I walked to the place I was volunteering today! (served dinner, juice, and yummy desserts to homeless families and individuals--pretended I was a waitress at a 4-star restaurant, which they seemed to appreciate, and was a blast for me smiling smiley)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 26, 2010 07:29

HAPPY
THANKSGIVING

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-26 07:40 by schillid.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 26, 2010 13:05

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-26 13:06 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 26, 2010 15:41

And after Thanksgiving the US warped into "No thanks, getting". thumbs down

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home