Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Brian Interview And Virus
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2017 07:03

Redhotcarpet
But youre a fan of the idiots band

Don't get carried away with such little things like that.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 31, 2017 10:20

Deltics
Well it would seem that Brian nearly didn't make that edition of Ready Steady Go either.

Deltics, thank you for sharing these newspaper clips.

Holy shit! The second Record Mirror story (11/21/64) indicates when Brian was in Chicago's Passovane(sic) Hospital (it's Passavant Memorial Hospital), he had a fever of 105°-- for adults, temperatures of 103°-104° are considered High-Grade, and 105° is considered clinically "Dangerous."

That story indicates he missed all shows that prior week, which would be November 11-14 Milwaukee, Fort Wayne, Dayton, and Louisville.

The first Record Mirror clipping (November 21) says Brian collapsed before the Chicago concert on Sunday, Nov. 15. The it appears he went back to the hotel and then by ambulance to the hospital. Then Mick, Charlie, and Brian return to London on Tuesday Nov 17.

It is indeed interesting that 7-9 weeks later, in February 1965 in Ireland, in the interview appearing in Charlie Is My Darling, Brian says "Let's Face it. The future as a Rolling Stone is *very* uncertain*. My ultimate aim in life was never to be a pop star. I enjoy it. With reservations. But I'm not really sort of satisfied either. Artistically, or personally."

I wonder whether Brian's hospital records still exist...it was 52 years ago. Passavant Memorial Hospital, founded in 1865, merged with another hospital in Chicago in 1972. It does appear that medical records prior to 1974 can be requested/obtained. I may attempt to do so. I want to know more about Brian.

A claim of 105° temperature is either true, or Brian's or Stones' PR storytelling. The quote from the American doctor ("I will not be responsible for his health unless he is admitted to hospital") appears either to be a paraphrase or fabricated. If it is true, then Brian was almost certainly sick enough to miss those 4 other tour dates.

And while it definitely was not strictly necessary when talking to Keith Fordyce for Brian to tack on the bit about his resistance having been very low ("so The Doctors tell me"), but if he was that sick, and it was covered in the newspapers, it's somewhat understandable Brian felt like talking about it.

-swiss

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 31, 2017 10:50

Since it was in the papers (sick or not) he probably "had to" tell the fans something. Maybe his fans wanted to know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-31 10:51 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 31, 2017 13:36

Thanks for sharing, RHC...have you read Paul Trynka's book?

-swiss

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 31, 2017 15:56

The use of the word 'sensitive' to describe Brian is interesting.
Its true he didn't have the necessary character traits to cope with fame, money, drugs etc.
At the same time he was clearly very insensitive to others, in particular his girl friends, the mothers of his children, their families, his children. And that's before we've started on his band mates.
I would not describe him as being a sensitive person.

Date: January 31, 2017 16:24

swiss

Thanks for sharing, RHC...have you read Paul Trynka's book?

-swiss

No i havent, have you?

Date: January 31, 2017 23:45

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home