Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OT-On this day 1963 John F. Kennedy assassinated in Dallas Tex.
Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: November 22, 2010 13:10

What a sad and lonesome day that was back in 63, I was eleven at the time and in school when they announced it over the PA. "Too soon gone."

Re: OT-On this day 1963 John F. Kennedy assassinated in Dallas Tex.
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 22, 2010 13:15

Floorbird
What a sad and lonesome day that was back in 63, I was eleven at the time and in school when they announced it over the PA. "Too soon gone."

I was 11 too, dont know why but the whole story as it unfolded really facinated me, I had all the pictures from the papers over my bedroom wall for weeks.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 22, 2010 13:23

I was also in school in Canada. The nuns came to our classrooms and told us to pray. The school was utterly silent as we all prayed. Then, we heard the phone ringing in the office and we were told "He's gone". I'd never seen nuns cry before that day. Such a sad Thanksgiving week (for our American friends/family) that was. A very tragic day indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 13:25 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 22, 2010 13:29

I was too young to remember, but I remember my Dad telling me later about watching Ruby shoot Oswald on live TV.

The Sixth Floor Museum is a must-see for anyone visiting Dallas: [www.jfk.org]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 22, 2010 13:42

I was 9 years old still remember that day, although I don't remember if I was aware who he was. I was coming home from playing outside and my cried and told me John F Kennedy died so he must be something special.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 22, 2010 13:53

I was 11 as well ! It was about 7p.m. on a Friday evening in England,and a newsflash on TV to say JFK had been shot.Soon after it was announced he was dead and that was all you saw or heard for the next week.Daytime coverage on TV which was very unusual in '63 !sad smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 22, 2010 14:14

surely a trauma for the nation, but on the other had (without being cynical) JFKs assassination saved him his place in the national memory and his presidency as a time of promise. If he had did some years later and/or won a second terms all the negative consequences of his political actions would be associated with him and not with Johnson, especially the US involvement in Vietnam that was started by JFK

(anyway I was born some six years later)

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: November 22, 2010 14:17

I was 3 months old and I don't believe the official explanation

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 15:07

I was 8 years old , attending a catholic grammar school . I remember the nuns were devastated . It was very tragic in my home stae of Massachusetts as it was JFKs home also .

I can also remember watching the funeral on TV .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 15:08 by boston2006.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: November 22, 2010 15:56

I was 7 in second grade..my teacher told the class and said school was over for the day and started to cry...

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: November 22, 2010 16:35

I was home that day. Didn't go to school since I was feeling slightly ill. As I watched the little roundish Black and White TV tube it all unfolded slowly but steadily. I was too young to fully understand it all but everyone in the house was crying (and the dark cloud over the country lasted for months if not years). It was all very sad and depressing and IMHO, the beginning of the end (we can look back and see it all so clearly now). Everything is different now....

One of the best openings (and films) ever (must see for those that were too young or not born yet) -

JFK intro

JFK - RIP. The end of a dream. Nov. 22nd is a horrible day !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 16:57 by CrissCrossMind.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 22, 2010 17:36

Damon
I was 3 months old and I don't believe the official explanation

I don't think the official explanation is 'official' anymore. Either way, I still believe it was Oswald, all by himself. He was a nut and a loner, certainly not involved with any groups (despite those pro-castro pamphlets which he printed himself and is pretty much obvious that he was the only member)

Date: November 22, 2010 17:41

Date: November 22, 2010 17:44

LeonidP
I still believe it was Oswald, all by himself. He was a nut and a loner
that's what they want you to think.

Date: November 22, 2010 17:45

bernardandersonII
LeonidP

and thinking the opposite way is what the crazed conspiracy theorists want you to think

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 17:47 by LeonidP.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 22, 2010 17:48

Does anyone live in Dallas? I won Keef's signed book from Lonestar 92.5 and I can't figure out how to get it.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 22, 2010 17:53

CrissCrossMind
I was home that day. Didn't go to school since I was feeling slightly ill. As I watched the little roundish Black and White TV tube it all unfolded slowly but steadily. I was too young to fully understand it all but everyone in the house was crying (and the dark cloud over the country lasted for months if not years). It was all very sad and depressing and IMHO, the beginning of the end (we can look back and see it all so clearly now). Everything is different now....

One of the best openings (and films) ever (must see for those that were too young or not born yet) -

JFK intro

excellent movie.

JFK - RIP. The end of a dream. Nov. 22nd is a horrible day !!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 22, 2010 17:56

tumbled
Does anyone live in Dallas? I won Keef's signed book from Lonestar 92.5 and I can't figure out how to get it.

There's bound to be a book depository punchline to this post somewhere...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 22, 2010 18:04

LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

and thinking the opposite way is what the crazed conspiracy theorists want you to think

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

Yeah, a nut and a loner who just happened to have CIA, FBI, mob and anti-Castro Cuban connections, as well as military training, and just happened to be silenced by an assassin after he was arrested. As he said while he was in custody "I'm just a patsy".

Date: November 22, 2010 18:09

LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

I've been to Dealey Plaza, and I've stood by the sixth floor window of the school book depository building.

It amazes me how someone who has been described as an "average shot" could get off several rounds in rapid succession and hit his target with the equipment he had.

I tend to think there was more than one shooter, with Oswald being one.

Date: November 22, 2010 18:12

71Tele
LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

Yeah, a nut and a loner who just happened to have CIA, FBI, mob and anti-Castro Cuban connections, as well as military training, and just happened to be silenced by an assassin after he was arrested. As he said while he was in custody "I'm just a patsy".

he had none of those connections, other than being on their radar, from having traveled (on his own) to russia & cuba, and thus putting himself on their radar (along with many others that had those same so-called "connections" ). As has been pointed out in any documentary (that is not biased towards conspiracy) it was 'routine' for CIA & FBI to investigate such a character that regularly spouts anti-USA rhetoric).

Still, read the link in my post -- it is very telling -- if you know anything about the history of 'conspiracy' then you will know it was Mark Lane that 1st came up with these theories with a book that doubted the Warren Commission findings ... and it was this very book that all other conspiracy theorists base many of their 'facts' from ... and it turns out that Mark Lane is a proven nut & liar, and comes up with a conspiracy for any event in history ... read the link. He made up stories, changed exact testimony etc. to make it seem more like a conspiracy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 18:16 by LeonidP.

Date: November 22, 2010 18:16

Edith Grove
LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

I've been to Dealey Plaza, and I've stood by the sixth floor window of the school book depository building.

It amazes me how someone who has been described as an "average shot" could get off several rounds in rapid succession and hit his target with the equipment he had.

I tend to think there was more than one shooter, with Oswald being one.

I've been there too. And I think I could do it, and I'm no expert. It seems rather close to me.

Date: November 22, 2010 18:17

LeonidP
71Tele
LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

he had none of those connections, other than being on their radar, from having traveled (on his own) to russia & cuba, and thus putting himself on their radar (along with many others that had those same so-called "connections"). As has been pointed out in any documentary (that is not biased towards conspiracy) it was 'routine' for CIA & FBI to investigate such a character that regularly spouts anti-USA rhetoric).

Still, read the link in my post -- it is very telling -- if you know anything about the history of 'conspiracy' then you will know it was Mark Lane that 1st came up with these theories with a book that doubted the Warren Commission findings ... and it was this very book that all other conspiracy theorists base many of their 'facts' from ... and it turns out that Mark Lane is a proven nut & liar, and comes up with a conspiracy for any event in history ... read the link. He made up stories, changed exact testimony etc. to make it seem more like a conspiracy.

He had "none" of those connections, really? Were you born yesterday? Start with Carlos Marcello, David Ferries and others in New Orleans. I agree with you that there are a lot of crap conspiracy theories (and theorists). However the anti-conspiracy people always use the most nutty conspiracy theories to "prove" that there could not have been any conspiracy, which is of course intellectual dishonest...LHO certainly made a lot of interesting friends and had an interesting history for someone who was a "lone nut".

Date: November 22, 2010 18:20

71Tele
LeonidP
71Tele
LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

he had none of those connections, other than being on their radar, from having traveled (on his own) to russia & cuba, and thus putting himself on their radar (along with many others that had those same so-called "connections"). As has been pointed out in any documentary (that is not biased towards conspiracy) it was 'routine' for CIA & FBI to investigate such a character that regularly spouts anti-USA rhetoric).

He had "none" of those connections, really? Were you born yesterday? Start with Carlos Marcello, David Ferrie and others in New Orleans. I agree with you that there are a lot of crap conspiracy theories (and theorists). However the anti-conspiracy people always use the most nutty conspiracy theories to "prove" that there could not have been any conspiracy, which is of course intellectually dishonest...LHO certainly made a lot of interesting friends and had an interesting history for someone who was a "lone nut". And of course, proving that Mark Lane was wrong proves nothing in terms of whether there was or was not a conspiracy. Exactly the same as proving that the Warren Commission was wrong on many facts as well as leads not followed proves there was a conspiracy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 18:21 by 71Tele.

Date: November 22, 2010 18:20

LeonidP
I've been there too. And I think I could do it, and I'm no expert. It seems rather close to me.

It's not that close, there's more than one angle involved, and it was a moving target.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, but it would have taken a very high talent or a very lucky shot to do what they say Oswald did by himself.

Date: November 22, 2010 18:24

Date: November 22, 2010 18:25

71Tele
71Tele
LeonidP
71Tele
LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

He had "none" of those connections, really? Were you born yesterday? Start with Carlos Marcello, David Ferrie and others in New Orleans. I agree with you that there are a lot of crap conspiracy theories (and theorists). However the anti-conspiracy people always use the most nutty conspiracy theories to "prove" that there could not have been any conspiracy, which is of course intellectually dishonest...LHO certainly made a lot of interesting friends and had an interesting history for someone who was a "lone nut". And of course, proving that Mark Lane was wrong proves nothing in terms of whether there was or was not a conspiracy. Exactly the same as proving that the Warren Commission was wrong on many facts as well as leads not followed proves there was a conspiracy!

There is NO connections ever proven linking Oswald to either Carlos Marcello or David Ferrie. That was all a theory from Jim Garrison - and his character has also been questioned:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

Read the section under "Crackpot Prosecutions"

Date: November 22, 2010 18:31

Edith Grove
LeonidP

It's not that close, there's more than one angle involved, and it was a moving target.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, but it would have taken a very high talent or a very lucky shot to do what they say Oswald did by himself.

I don't think so. I've seen too many documentaries and read books & articles on this to believe that. It has actually been proven (and duplicated) that a) it would not have been that miraculous a feat, and b) that Oswald was a better shot than what the conspiracy theorists report.

Here is a good article on how some have twisted the Warren report to suggest it was not possible:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 22, 2010 18:32

slewan
surely a trauma for the nation, but on the other had (without being cynical) JFKs assassination saved him his place in the national memory and his presidency as a time of promise. If he had did some years later and/or won a second terms all the negative consequences of his political actions would be associated with him and not with Johnson, especially the US involvement in Vietnam that was started by JFK

(anyway I was born some six years later)

US involvement in Vietnam was NOT started by JFK. US involvement in Vietnam began in the mid 1950's with "military advisors" arriving there as early as 1950.

Date: November 22, 2010 18:36

LeonidP
71Tele
71Tele
LeonidP
71Tele
LeonidP
bernardandersonII
LeonidP

* edit:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

There is NO connections ever proven linking Oswald to either Carlos Marcello or David Ferrie. That was all a theory from Jim Garrison - and his character has also been questioned:

[mcadams.posc.mu.edu]

Read the section under "Crackpot Prosecutions"

That is simply untrue. I know all about Garrison - you don't have to educate me. Again, because Garrison was wrong about his conclusions does not mean Oswald did not have a connection to Ferrie and Marcello. I can site website links if you want as well. Oswald knew Ferrie from the Civil Air Patrol. He also ran errands for Marcello's organization. It is interesting that immediately after JFK was shot Ferrie got in a car and headed for Dallas.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home