Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Queen Elizabeth's Coronation in 1953 - Can we spot Keith somewhere?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 22, 2010 08:35

Keith once said that he sang at the 1953 coronation (With his voice at his best).
We all know that Jagger's first time on TV was with his dad in something like 1959, but in this video we could potentially see Keith 6 years prior to Mick. Not that we would ever be able to make him out or anything, but he was there when the cameras were rolling no?

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Coronation in 1953 - no Keith in sight
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 22, 2010 09:04

it wasn't at the coronation that Keith sang for the queen - it was at some later Westminster Abbey scenario
Keith was only 9 in 1953, and his choirboy career started when he was 11.
the one time i saw him seem to confirm that he sang at the coronation, it was a clear case
of Keith not listening to the whole question. Mick even tried to rein him in at the time (Australia 95)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 09:06 by with sssoul.

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Coronation in 1953 - no Keith in sight
Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 22, 2010 10:50

That coronation ceremony looks very ancient. Not much can have changed during the centuries.

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Coronation in 1953 - Can we spot Keith somewhere?
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 22, 2010 11:42

JumpingKentFlash
Keith once said that he sang at the 1953 coronation (With his voice at his best).
We all know that Jagger's first time on TV was with his dad in something like 1959, but in this video we could potentially see Keith 6 years prior to Mick. Not that we would ever be able to make him out or anything, but he was there when the cameras were rolling no?

No, Mick wasn't 16 when his dad used him as a model on TV for his PE programs. He was perhaps 10-12 - but definitely NOT 16.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 22, 2010 15:13

Keith wouldnt have sang at the Queens Coronation - he was 9 at the time, and at primary school in Dartford. I think he may have mentioned that he sang at it, in which case he was bullshitting.

He does confirm in his autobiography that when he was in the school choir, they did sing for the Queen - but this would have been a few years later.

The 'Seeing Sport' physical education instruction programme which featured Joe and Mick Jagger dates from 1957, as far as I recall, so Mick would have been 13 or 14 at the time.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 22, 2010 15:16

The 'Seeing Sport' physical education instruction programme which featured Joe and Mick Jagger dates from 1957, as far as I recall, so Mick would have been 13 or 14 at the time

That's what I say
[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 22, 2010 15:20

1959? 15 or 16 he was, then. He looks younger.

Date: November 22, 2010 16:42

Found this in the obituary for Basil Fenshaw Jagger...

Joe moved the family to a detached house in the Kent village of Wilmington and became a director of physical education at the local college. He also worked with the British Sports Council, where he was a pioneer of the British basketball movement.
He coached the sport at Dartford Grammar School, too, where his eldest son was a pupil.
"Mick could have been a great athlete," said Joe, many years after his son had become internationally famous for his on-stage prancing. "He was excellent at basketball and cricket but he didn't want to be tied down with practice."
And yet it was through sport, at the age of 13, that Mick made his first television appearance with his father. The two of them were featured rock climbing in Tunbridge Wells on BBC TV's Seeing Sport. (They also demonstrated putting up a tent and cooking a meal over a campfire.)
"I never got to have a raving adolescence," said Mick. "I don't think I was a popular kid but then I don't think I was particularly unpopular.

Posted by: jaggerzita ()
Date: November 22, 2010 21:14

I've sent this video of Mick and his dad, it's in my youtube's channel. When I researched for it I read it was 1959, but now I see it was wrong then. I always thought Mick looked younger than 16, but that was what I've read. Thank you guys for the information, now it's correct! smiling smiley

Date: November 24, 2010 10:32

I think perhaps the clip might have been shot on a 35 mm camera in 57 and shown on TV in 1959, too. Re-runs were quite common back in the early days og television transmissions. That was a lot cheaper than making new programs... Yes, they could have killed the media just after it's birth.

Date: November 24, 2010 14:57

I'm pretty sure I've seen it listed in a few books as 1957.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 24, 2010 15:19

this was pretty cool, i watched all seven parts of her royal majesty's coronation on monday .on last night's letterman ,colin firth was on and he said back in England ,people either love the royals and talk about them or hate them and never talk about them.you can guess i like them , i would always tease my mother about QE11 and say that she is our sovreign and my mother would tell that"we are greeks but prince Phillip is Greek ". pretty funny right ?

Date: November 24, 2010 18:12

Gazza
I'm pretty sure I've seen it listed in a few books as 1957.
Yes, me to!
And a tv program is not necessarily aired in the year it was produced, and it could also have had a re-run in 59...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home