Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Exclusive: Rolling Stones unlikely to tour again due to Keith Richards' ill health
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 22, 2010 00:53

[www.holymoly.com]

Don't know what to think of this, but it doesn't sound good to me! Could be just another of those write ups making things up again.

Icky Fingers

Sat, 20/11/2010 - 15:14 By Anonymous

It was only a couple of months ago that we were commenting on Keith Richards' curious case of the Benjamin Buttons, but apparently all is not as it seemed... In fact, according to a mole, the guitarist's hands - and memory - are so bad that the Rolling Stones tour he's been recently talking about is never going to happen...

So, Keith Richards has been busy promoting his new autobiography Life (a bit of a worry for some since he's now know as Jack Sparrow's dad but chats about heroin), recently revealing plans for a Stones tour, telling 6 Music:

"Everybody's ready to go out there again. Who said it should stop, and who said when?"

"Only we will know when it comes to an end, with a crashing halt."

Well, that crashing halt seems to have happened already thanks to his poor crippled claw hands... The extent of his arthritis could be seen when he recently appeared on the Culture Show (pictures above), but not on the front of his new book (see below - an old archive shot was used) and it all sadly means he can hardly play for any amount of time now.

On top of that, the metal plate he got put in his head after "falling out coconut tree" has affected his memory to the extent that at a recent band meeting, concern was raised as the other members weren't convinced he could actually even remember the songs. As such, they are reluctant to even attempt a year long tour - regardless of the billion dollar figure (Ronnie's next girlfriend won't be pleased).

So, the likelihood is that the Rolling Stones will never play live together again.

Read the whole story on Holy Moly! [www.holymoly.com]
The best celebrity gossip site in the world.

Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones unlikely to tour again due to Keith Richards' ill health
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:02

More bollocks...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones unlikely to tour again due to Keith Richards' ill health
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:02

Yeah, I got this in my inbox a couple of days ago.

Article by "Anonymous," for me, has no credibility.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:08

Holymoly.com is a satirical website. I mean, look at the rest of the links.

For f***s sake, how difficult is it for anyone with a basic command of English to read this piece and not realise that the whole thing is a piss-take?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 01:10 by Gazza.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:26

Gazza

For f***s sake, how difficult is it for anyone with a basic command of English to read this piece and not realise that the whole thing is a piss-take?

Obviously more difficult than you think mate...!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:26

The tour is a DONE DEAL

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:28

the guitarist's hands - and memory - are so bad that the Rolling Stones tour he's been recently talking about is never going to happen

Yeah, I know. There is something really wrong with Keith's memory.
He has been asking my advice for many years now.
Sometimes I was able to help him out, but not always smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:32

More anxiety fuel until they announce a tour. Which they will.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:39

right. done deal

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:51

mickscarey
right. done deal

Are you answering yourself ?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 22, 2010 02:48

Rolling Hansie

the guitarist's hands - and memory - are so bad that the Rolling Stones tour he's been recently talking about is never going to happen

Yeah, I know. There is something really wrong with Keith's memory.
He has been asking my advice for many years now.
Sometimes I was able to help him out, but not always smiling smiley

Good one Hansie.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 22, 2010 03:30

pgarof
Exclusive: Rolling Stones unlikely to tour again due to Keith Richards' ill health

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 22, 2010 07:41

He's been goofy and arthritic for some time now. Hasn't stopped the band so far. Plus, you know that they want to make it to the 50 year mark.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 22, 2010 09:46

Exclusively shit ... what a load of bollocks.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 22, 2010 09:58

So annoying that people write rubbish like this!!They call themselves ''The best celebrity gossip site in the world'' and author is Anonymous.Says it all!!!thumbs down

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 22, 2010 12:55

Justin
pgarof

Hope your right, i'd love to see them again but whatever sauce this came from id did sound as if there maybe some truth, but hey, who am I to know as everyone said in so many word I am a fool for believing it.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 22, 2010 13:06

Mickscarey has spoken, we can all rest in peace now and simply wait......

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 22, 2010 16:28

yeah, and the Pope is God

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 22, 2010 16:29

"yeah, and the Pope is God"

Did that also come from Mickscarey? If not then your lying.....

Date: November 22, 2010 16:30

corriecas
yeah, and the Pope is God

Wrong smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 22, 2010 16:41

I think we have huge landuage problems on this site.
Some people do not know what satire is, nor do they know irony - and a lot of other words - it seems.
But English is the official language here - so I really see no other solution than to suggest that when people are not sure of the meaning of words - like satire and irony - look them up in a dictionary. (that's a book, btw)
confused smiley

LANGUAGE - LANGUAGE - not landuage, as Hansie points out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 16:51 by Addicted.

Date: November 22, 2010 16:48

Addicted
I think we have huge landuage problems on this site.

Sorry Addicted, but I couldn't find the meaning of landuage and I did use a dictionary smiling smiley
Oh, but I do know the meaning of satire and irony smiling smiley ... as you already might know.

-------------------

Date: November 22, 2010 16:54

That I might know, Rolling Hansie.
But it is a fact that the language skills here --- vary a bit. And it's also a fact that it leads to MANY misunderstandings, arguments ant a lot of confusion.

Date: November 22, 2010 16:59

Addicted
And it's also a fact that it leads to MANY misunderstandings, arguments ant a lot of confusion.

Absolutely true. Therefore it is sometimes better not to argue here and just have a bit of fun.

-------------------

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 22, 2010 17:07

Addicted
That I might know, Rolling Hansie.
But it is a fact that the language skills here --- vary a bit. And it's also a fact that it leads to MANY misunderstandings, arguments ant a lot of confusion.

<<< Some people do not know what satire is, nor do they know irony - and a lot of other words - it seems >>>

This is very true, and in defence of myself, I should like to put it on record that I never resort to sarcasm myself.

OK OK, I lie through my f***ing teeth. But in mitigation I'd just like to say .... er, can't think of any mitigating factors right now, I'll get back to y'all on that - OK ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 22, 2010 17:08

Rolling Hansie
Addicted
And it's also a fact that it leads to MANY misunderstandings, arguments ant a lot of confusion.

Absolutely true. Therefore it is sometimes better not to argue here and just have a bit of fun.
That's exactly why I've stopped answering some...

Date: November 22, 2010 17:21

paulywaul
I never resort to sarcasm myself.
OK OK, I lie through my f***ing teeth.

LOL no bout adoubt it

-------------------

Date: November 22, 2010 17:33

To Paul G:
Please change the heading of this thread. (Before it's picked up by some temp in a newspaper who doesn't know what satire is...)

As you now know, this is a a "funny article from a joke-site", satire, irony - made to be funny - but isn't, in this case.

The correct title would perhaps be: Satire site making fun of Keith Richards.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 22, 2010 17:45

Gazza

just because it's a piss-taking bit of satire doesn't mean it's wrong....

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: November 22, 2010 18:23

But that isn't satire, it's gossip. Not correct, I hope, but it is meant as news of a sort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-22 18:30 by Squiggle.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home