Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Favorite Stones promotional video?
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 21, 2010 22:17

There are a few good ones - I'd offer this one up first as a fave - manic - glittery - early 70s debauched goodness

Re: Favorite Stones promotional video?
Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: November 21, 2010 22:22

Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 21, 2010 22:27

Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby (Standing In The Shadows).

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 21, 2010 22:29

[url=

][/url]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 21, 2010 22:54

Jumping Jack Flash.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 22, 2010 20:15

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 22, 2010 20:17

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 22, 2010 20:46

miss you

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 22, 2010 23:01

the best one is for HONKY TONK WOMEN FROM 1969 WHERE JAGGER IS DANCING VERY WILDLY,
IT WAS IN BLACK AND WHITE BUT I THINK BBC HAVE LOST IT OR THE FILE HAVE BEEN DESTROYED.If anyone has copy of this it would be nice to see and TOP OF THE POPS HAD 3 TRACKS FROM THE STICKY FINGERS BROWN SUGAR,BITCH AND WILD HORSES they have destroyed too. What can a poor boy do,its only rock-roll.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: November 22, 2010 23:09

No doubt, the early eighties when we all started having videoplayers, watching cheap horror movies with friends. That time is so well captured in this video

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 23:13

SHE'S SO COLD. I love how Mick is in full Mick mode, running around like a bratty boy and pulling faces.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 22, 2010 23:36

Make No Mistake

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: November 22, 2010 23:45

anybody seen my baby
saint of me
wicked as it seems

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 23:51

Till The Next Time We Say Goodbye

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 23, 2010 00:26

Munichilton - Thank you for posting Make No Mistake - Never seen it. Very cool

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: November 23, 2010 00:42

That silver train video is cool, I've never seen that before! My favorite would probably be Jumping Jack Flash.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 23, 2010 02:43

anything connected to New York

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: November 23, 2010 08:48

I like all the pre 1983 ones. After the plot stuff started I lost interest. That the later music wasn't as good either didn't help.
Faves include
Jumping Jack Flash (all versions)
Have You Seen Your Mother (stage version)
Let's Spend The Night Together (for seeing them in the studio with Brian still healthy).
The 1973-76 ones are funny as Mick is so flamming in them! I really like that they did fresh vocals on the songs and think the ones for It's Only Rock And Roll, and Aint To Proud To Beg surpass the originals due to Keith and Mick T. shouting out some great background vocals.

The 1978 ones are cool none the least of which because we see Keith look like his 1966 self again. He has never looked or sang better since. By 1979 he was like a different guy.

The 1980 ones are cool when there aren't thermo graphics. Maybe they are the last time the group looks pretty young. 1981 they still had an endearing rawness and simplicity. Most important they were very group oriented. I would say the 1981 vids are the last things I really enjoy by the Stones period.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 23, 2010 08:56

It's by far Waiting on a friend...watch carefully:

2 1 2 0

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 23, 2010 09:06

All the Tattoo You, Undercover and Dirty Work videos are great. The earlier ones are pretty boring save for IORR and Miss You. Some good latter-day efforts too with ASMB and Rain Fall Down.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 23, 2010 11:52

I love the JJF-video, but my favorite is this version of the Angie-video:

(sorry I was not able to find the complete version on youtube)

Jagger is magnificent - his theatricallity, his outbowieing Bowie (in a Death in Venice suit). The glimpse of Keith - and Charlies overbearing look on the frontman/frontmen in front of him.

I hope the will release this - and their other magnificent promotion videos in in full and remastered versions soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-23 19:17 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 23, 2010 12:27

Like A Rolling Stone

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 23, 2010 13:15

Definately Child of the Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 23, 2010 14:48

But the best Rolling Stones video for me is: "Following The River"

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 23, 2010 16:31

Its Only Rock and Roll but i love it!

I always loved IORR but i like it...Very cool playing in a tent and the bubbles start getting bigger and
bigger forcing the Stones out of the tent...Also loved the version of the song..

A close 2nd has to be JJF!!!!!

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: November 24, 2010 01:46

2000 light years from home

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2010 07:00

What kinda work we gonna do?........ Dirty Work .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: November 24, 2010 07:36

mikeeder
I like all the pre 1983 ones. After the plot stuff started I lost interest. That the later music wasn't as good either didn't help.
Faves include
Let's Spend The Night Together (for seeing them in the studio with Brian still healthy).
The 1973-76 ones are funny as Mick is so flamming in them! I really like that they did fresh vocals on the songs and think the ones for It's Only Rock And Roll, and Aint To Proud To Beg surpass the originals due to Keith and Mick T. shouting out some great background vocals.

The 1978 ones are cool none the least of which because we see Keith look like his 1966 self again. He has never looked or sang better since. By 1979 he was like a different guy.

The 1980 ones are cool when there aren't thermo graphics. Maybe they are the last time the group looks pretty young. 1981 they still had an endearing rawness and simplicity. Most important they were very group oriented. I would say the 1981 vids are the last things I really enjoy by the Stones period.

Totally agree mikeeder. Something was lost when the Stones videos became more elaborate and plot based. Videos like 'Start Me Up' with its stark black background, show the uniqueness of the physical attributes of the Stones - Jagger's mannerisms etc. That's pretty much also true of 'Emotional Rescue', 'Miss You', 'Angie', etc. The plot based videos have less to do with the Stones themselves, in terms of showing them off as a group. Those more elaborate films could just as well have been produced to go with Duran Duran's latest, or Spandau Ballet's latest, or even Michael Jackson's latest, they just seem to blend into the times they were produced (the eighties, nineties etc.), and aren't distinctly individual like those earlier performance type videos. 'Waiting On A Friend', which does have a little more of a plot, is actually quite touching for its simplicity. Michael Lindsay Hogg, who directed the Stones promos right back to 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' had a very unique talent in capturing the raw and primitive essence of the Stones visual neanderthal look, which went so well with the music itself, without being too elaborate. There is a sort of starkness to his promos. When he was dropped in favour of Julien Temple in 83, another indelible piece of the Stones magic was lost, although by this time the music was suffering too. By 'Rock And A Hard Place', the slickness of the Stones presentation, visually, as well as musically, had become unbearable.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-24 07:51 by Edward Twining.

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: November 24, 2010 09:41

Edward Twining
mikeeder
Faves include

Totally agree mikeeder. Something was lost when the Stones videos became more elaborate and plot based. Videos like 'Start Me Up' with its stark black background, show the uniqueness of the physical attributes of the Stones - Jagger's mannerisms etc. That's pretty much also true of 'Emotional Rescue', 'Miss You', 'Angie', etc. The plot based videos have less to do with the Stones themselves, in terms of showing them off as a group. Those more elaborate films could just as well have been produced to go with Duran Duran's latest, or Spandau Ballet's latest, or even Michael Jackson's latest, they just seem to blend into the times they were produced (the eighties, nineties etc.), and aren't distinctly individual like those earlier performance type videos. 'Waiting On A Friend', which does have a little more of a plot, is actually quite touching for its simplicity. Michael Lindsay Hogg, who directed the Stones promos right back to 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' had a very unique talent in capturing the raw and primitive essence of the Stones visual neanderthal look, which went so well with the music itself, without being too elaborate. There is a sort of starkness to his promos. When he was dropped in favour of Julien Temple in 83, another indelible piece of the Stones magic was lost, although by this time the music was suffering too. By 'Rock And A Hard Place', the slickness of the Stones presentation, visually, as well as musically, had become unbearable.
I agree with you of course and the the MLH angle is something I didn't think of but is also very valid.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 24, 2010 17:31

exceptional takes, especially the MLH POV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home