Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Steven "I wish I was MJ" Tyler- payback for SNL gig
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:08

As one of the biggest Stones fans in the world, and the guy who built his own version of the Stones by stealing every lick along the way, he announces he is quitting American Idol on the day of the Stones 50th anniversary?

Coincidence?

I like early Aerosmith, but sometimes they try too hard to be like Mick and Keith for my taste, but musically, they have some really good songs.

Re: Steven "I wish I was MJ" Tyler- payback for SNL gig
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:50

chelskeith
Coincidence?

Yes.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:54

chelskeith
?

Coincidence?

Ha. Well, yes. Coincidence.

Date: July 13, 2012 06:45

chelskeith
As one of the biggest Stones fans in the world, and the guy who built his own version of the Stones by stealing every lick along the way, he announces he is quitting American Idol on the day of the Stones 50th anniversary?

Coincidence?

I like early Aerosmith, but sometimes they try too hard to be like Mick and Keith for my taste, but musically, they have some really good songs.

what are you going on about? the guys in aerosmith seem to show more yardbirds influence to me than stones. isn't it possible 65 year old steven tyler liked the same stuff as mick jagger who is only a few years older and thats why both bands have a similar style? musically imo aerosmith sounds nothing like the stones other than the cover of "walkin the dog".

anyways american idol is getting ready to start filming for next year so of course he has to make a statement he is no longer on the show

Date: July 13, 2012 11:03

keefriffhard4life
chelskeith

Coincidence?

what are you going on about? the guys in aerosmith seem to show more yardbirds influence to me than stones. isn't it possible 65 year old steven tyler liked the same stuff as mick jagger who is only a few years older and thats why both bands have a similar style? musically imo aerosmith sounds nothing like the stones other than the cover of "walkin the dog".

anyways american idol is getting ready to start filming for next year so of course he has to make a statement he is no longer on the show

Chip Away The Stone needs to be mentioned here winking smiley

Date: July 13, 2012 11:11

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
chelskeith

Coincidence?

Chip Away The Stone needs to be mentioned here winking smiley

yup written by richie supa who is not a member of aerosmith.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:33

chelskeith
the guy who built his own version of the Stones by stealing every lick along the way

Please provide some examples, besides the obvious Chip Away.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 13, 2012 15:37

Well I feel bad that Steven is quitting Idol, I love him on that show! I bet Jenn Lopez quits now too! And as far as Aerosmith and the Stones being alike...well, they just are NOT!

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 13, 2012 15:56

Revenge? He better not go there....I could supply the Stones with info that Mr Tyler wouldn't like, but I'm not that type! grinning smiley

Date: July 13, 2012 16:14

Koen
chelskeith
the guy who built his own version of the Stones by stealing every lick along the way

Please provide some examples, besides the obvious Chip Away.

last time this question was asked people pointed out the look of joe perry being similar to keith and steven looking like mick. they also mentioned joe and steven would sing at the same mic together like keith and mick

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 13, 2012 16:20

That's appearance, and I agree with that, but not 'stealing every lick along the way' as chelskeith suggested. I am just curious to know why people on this forum keep stating that Aerosmith is musically a rip-off of the Stones.

Date: July 13, 2012 16:31

Koen
That's appearance, and I agree with that, but not 'stealing every lick along the way' as chelskeith suggested. I am just curious to know why people on this forum keep stating that Aerosmith is musically a rip-off of the Stones.

because they don't listen to aerosmith

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:24

Sittling in that Idol chair Tyler was thinking that if he sayed, it would be a one way street, then he looked down at the lord of his thighs and realized he was sick as a dog,so, its time that he draw the line, so he got up, walk this way, and get back in the saddle again to that same old song and dance.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:32

They are a crap mix of stones and led zep. Boring, predictable rock music.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:45

yes well Tylers announcement made the AP wires as a top story while the Stones 50th didn't....just sayin'

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:47

Rip This
yes well Tylers announcement made the AP wires as a top story while the Stones 50th didn't....just sayin'

Don't mean a thing.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:02

yeah it does. The Stones story is hitting the AP wires today. It means a lot because its all based on internet hits and translates into dollars. American Idol is still a jaugernaut and the impact its had on Aerosmith has really padded their pockets...the Stones will get their dollars too...so no sympathy...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:09

keefriffhard4life
Koen

because they don't listen to aerosmith

And men with big lips, long hair and make up make them... feel the same way???

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:13

the next thing you goofs are gonna say is that the "Toxic Twins" are a take on the "Glimmer Twins".

Really.

Date: July 13, 2012 23:23

Here is an exerpt from Steven Tyler's autobiography, probably best to hear it in his own words:

And then, briefly, I was touched by the caressing hand of fate when, sometime in 1964, I became Mick Jagger's brother, Chris. Mick Jagger was the baddest guy on the block, and of course I empathetically picked up on all his s---. Mick and Keith and all that -- it hit me like a locomotive. 'It's All Over Now' was like a f---ing blues freight train coming straight at me.

In the summer of '64, I went to a lake in upstate New York, Bash Bish Falls or something like that, up near Utica, with a bunch of kids from Yonkers. Long hair, sixteen, no band, but somebody said, "Wow, you look like Mick Jagger!" And that was it ... off and running! "You know what, I'm Chris, Mick Jagger's brovver. I am him!" And I went with it like mad. Shot off from there to this Limey planet and immediately lapsed into a Cockney accent. I was talking like "Bloody bleedin' 'poncey @#$%&, spot of Marmite, darlin'? Care for a leaper, mate? Ghastly weather we're 'avin, innit?" It's called, you know, lost days of youth. When you're a kid you can jump into other people's personalities like a transmute. I can still relate to that.

In those days of the British Invasion you had to be a Brit to make it. First of all, you had to have a bloody English accent. That was number one. And that I could do. I still have those Strangers clippings at home: "Steven Tyler, his lower lip hanging like Jagger's, brought the front row to its feet." They wrote that in the paper. Bought my Mick impersonation lock, stock, and barrel. I couldn't believe it. But of course, I -- more than anyone else on the planet -- believed it. I was him. I was barely sixteen but in my mind already one of "England's Greatest Hit Makers." Even if the Strangers sounded more like a bad imitation of Freddie and the Dreamers than the Stones. Yonkers Greatest Hit Makers maybe.

In the early seventies I was embarrassed to say I was into Mick, because the press was already harping on the Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler thing and I wanted to get as far away as possible from those comparisons. I was hoping they would find something in my music that would have some merit other than making Aerosmith into some sort of tribute band with me as a mock Mick Jagger.

But yes, he was my f---ing hero. There was actually a six-or-seven-year period where I was afraid to tell the press that. I was, like, "No he isn't!" And then, of course, I came out of the closet and went, "F---in' A, he is!" To this day, to this minute, to this second, Mick Jagger is still my hero. I remember being at a club at One Central Square in the West Village in early '66, turning around and seeing Mick Jagger and Brian Jones sitting behind me. Not a word came out of my mouth.

Date: July 13, 2012 23:29

Stupid thread title. Payback for SNL gig? Lame.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:35

As if the person who would be shattered to hear the news of Tyler leaving "American Idol" is the type of person to care about the Stones' 50th Anniversary? Both pieces of "news" are on different spectrums--but both relatively insignificant (in the grand scheme of life, of course).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 14, 2012 00:02

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

If we don't occasionally stretch ourselves, and always stay in the safety zone, then we can experience no growth in life.

With that said, chelskeith should be feeling taller today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-14 08:45 by treaclefingers.

Date: July 14, 2012 01:16

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

yeah that too. te host of SNL gets a few thousand dollars and tyler was getting a few million for doing idol. real payback to me

Date: July 14, 2012 01:25

Aerosmith is a mucher tighter band live than the stones, period. get over it

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: July 14, 2012 02:25

Can anyone imagine any way Tyler is not a very rich person? He's had numerous songs in the charts with Aerosmith and I'm sure he was well paid for his gig on Idol. How has he chosen to fatten up his bank account even more? By selling junk food to a nation suffering an epidemic of obesity! What an a-hole! The Stones may have done some questionable things, but I don't think you see them doing anything as soulless as that for money.

Your money must be awfully good Steve-O.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-14 03:24 by TippyToe.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:17

of course its a coincidence , tyler could have died and not got as much attention as the stones yesterday

Date: July 14, 2012 19:40

To those i obviously offended, Please excuse and forgive me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-17 21:32 by chelskeith.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 14, 2012 20:11

chelskeith
Coincidence?

Perhaps, perhaps not...

Consider this: How close sounding are the names Taylor and Tyler?
Am I right or what ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-15 00:29 by schillid.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 14, 2012 20:38

21stcenturystones
Aerosmith is a mucher tighter band live than the stones, period. get over it

Maybe,but I like it sloppy...somehow.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home