Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Just opened the Some Girls DVD
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:02

Has this been covered yet? Anyone else received it yet? The 20/20 footage is a nice add in the bonus footage

Re: Just opened the Some Girls DVD
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:05

HB...is this from the SuperDeluxe Box, with the Beast 45?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:05

What else is on it?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:08

is the 2o/20 footage the Geraldo stuff?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:13

The 20/20 segment blew my mind. I wasn't a fan yet, but they seemed so bad and dirty......still had the edge. I remember Jagger seeming really surly.

Date: November 18, 2011 02:16

lemme see here - no, it's not the version with the 45 - so i guess the basic one (it's an early press copy which is usually the most basic one)

and yeah - he 20/20 is the Geraldo feature in woodstock with the interviews and rehearsal footage - looks good

and then the SNL stuff- that Aykroyd interview (which personally i have always have found painfully unfunny and really sort of "off" - Mick's hoarseness is painful to hear) and the three songs they played

i never realized Ian Stewart was playing that night - cool - and a small booklet with some liner notes and artifact pics - overall, slim on extras if you ask me- but the DVD quality is really impressive - just fantastic - A+

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:18

what is the sound quality like? Woody was real high in the mix at the movies, and I hope its that way on the dvd

Date: November 18, 2011 02:21

in my opinion - the sound is great - this is a quality product - a really vibrant production

Date: November 18, 2011 02:23

oh - and the jagger interview about the show/tour is nice - about 15 minutes worth

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:25

stupidguy2
The 20/20 segment blew my mind. I wasn't a fan yet, but they seemed so bad and dirty......still had the edge. I remember Jagger seeming really surly.

Yep probably for the last time...then he went all "corporate" on us!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 02:25 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 18, 2011 02:29

on the 20/20 things Mick is actually very mellow and evasive - seems sort of high - but it's great footage - I have to say - I think this DVD really brings this tour - which i think was hit or miss - to life in a beautiful way. The stadium show i saw in Philly i found underwhelming - but on this night the band is tough, funny, rugged, outrageous - and really good.What an amazing timepiece from the era - an incredible bookend to L&G in terms of the 70s and the Stones captured on rich 16mm film.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:29

hbwriter
oh - and the jagger interview about the show/tour is nice - about 15 minutes worth

thanks cant wait to pick it it up on tuesday

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:04

But is this extra's for Texas, or is it Some Girls proper?

Some Girls Deluxe doesn't come with a DVD, so if you're buying that for this other material, it won't be there.

Therefore, I'm wondering if this is the DVD included with SuperDeluxe, or whether it is part of the Texas package.

Life can be so confusing.

Date: November 18, 2011 03:09

this is the stand alone DVD release from Eagle Vision - but i hear ya smiling smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:32

I'm confused on this DVD. Is this the same as the movie they showed in theaters on 10/18 with extra footage or is it something totally different? Thanks.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:39

hbwriter
on the 20/20 things Mick is actually very mellow and evasive - seems sort of high - quote]

You have to take into account I was 13 and the music people I was familiar with were Olivia-Newton John etc....
This, Jagger's persona, was like a whole new world to me.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:24

yes, the dvd standalone is the show that was just seen in theaters.
From what I understand, the dvd that comes with the deluxe version cd will just have a couple of the songs from this great concert dvd, and promo videos for Miss YOu, Respectable, and Far Away Eyes.

Date: November 18, 2011 07:01

watching this a few times- man - they were still a *band* here - everyone is so connected to each other - the small stage is nice - there is absolutely no room for any b.s. - it's just all guitars, drums and mick - damn they were good on this tour

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:34

Bashlets
yes, the dvd standalone is the show that was just seen in theaters.
From what I understand, the dvd that comes with the deluxe version cd will just have a couple of the songs from this great concert dvd, and promo videos for Miss YOu, Respectable, and Far Away Eyes.

Interesting - I was going to buy the deluxe cd + dvd thinking it included the whole film. Will buy the cd and dvd/film separately then.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:44

Just got the Some Girls deluxe edition and the Live In Texas DVD/CD combo.

Listening to the CD right now....yeah....!
Can´t say yet about some edits or cut offs...

Combo comes in DVD digipack style including two booklets,one in DVD size,second CD format.

The CD one contains beside the center shot eleven pictures from ´75 tour.
Take it with some humour...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:01

The Some Girls Live in Texas releases are:

DVD version: the Fort Worth show + songs from Sat Night Live + archive interview + 2011 MJ interview.

Blu Ray version: same content as DVD.

DVD+CD: DVD - same content as above. CD - understood to be the live audio of the Fort Worth show.

Blu Ray+CD: same as DVD+CD version

Some Girls Super Deluxe Box Set DVD: excerpts from the above Fort Worth show + 1978 Some Girls promo vids.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:06

Is this being released in the UK today, thought it was a monday release?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 18, 2011 14:10

l caught this tour in NYC,and the band was on,vibrant and loose,they would interact with each other,joke,and seemed to be having a great time,Mick would joke with the audience,swear,and he would actually dance with the song being played,if you compared it to the last few tours,where Mick's movement are totally choreograph,with no spontaneity whatsoever, and where they rarely if at any time even look at each other.This was the last tour imo where they were an actual Rock and Roll band,after that some shows were great but the "feeling" was gone,so enjoy this DVD is great to see the way they were.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: November 18, 2011 15:11

I think it's still 21st Nov for the uk

The listings are a little vague on Amazon.co.uk - can anyone clarify that the DVD+CD version is the one costing £11.99? Thanks

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:30

WeLoveYou

The listings are a little vague on Amazon.co.uk - can anyone clarify that the DVD+CD version is the one costing £11.99? Thanks

Well Amazon.co.uk says Format: CD+DVD, PAL & Number of discs: 2. So I guess they have to honor that.

Bear in mind that there will surely be PAL Speed up on this theatrically released PAL DVD (like Shine A Light)

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:45

Just recieved my blu ray from amazon in germany. But unfortunately just the blu ray, no CD, but I ordered the BluRay/CD-pack! Amazons fault ...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:47

WeLoveYou

Thanks.

Date: November 18, 2011 15:51

Youngie
WeLoveYou

Well Amazon.co.uk says Format: CD+DVD, PAL & Number of discs: 2. So I guess they have to honor that.

Bear in mind that there will surely be PAL Speed up on this theatrically released PAL DVD (like Shine A Light)

Thanks. I'm using the ifone Amazon app and the £11.99 listing doesn't mention CD or PAL, only that it's a DVD. The main website is a little clearer.

There also seems to be a DVD+CD import version, no price yet, and the DVD region is 0, ie. all regions. I wonder if this will not have PAL speed up?

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:27

WeLoveYou
There also seems to be a DVD+CD import version, no price yet, and the DVD region is 0, ie. all regions. I wonder if this will not have PAL speed up?

I think so. It will be fine if it's NTSC Region 0. I assume you don't have a Blu Ray player (as speedup is a thing of the past on Blu Ray)?

If not then the NTSC DVD seems to be the only way to go. Or you want to wait until the PAL version has been released to see if there's speedup) It may be professionally corrected).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 16:31 by Youngie.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:43

DVD is in NTSC format,Region 0,at least it´s printed on the cover and DVD itself.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home