Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question for UrbanSteel: A Bigger Bang 12 track & Shine A Light samplers
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 6, 2009 20:22

Hey UrbanSteel,
Do you know if this is available in Asia, or if there was just a censored version released over there? I've unearthed a copy that only has 12 tracks, but it doesn't say it's an album sampler. Do you happen to have any insight into this?
VL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-07 15:18 by VoodooLounge13.

Re: Question for UrbanSteel: A Bigger Bang 12 track sampler
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 6, 2009 20:43

Sorry for intruding on this thread, but this might be of help to you:
[www.iorr.org]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: May 6, 2009 20:54

Mickijaggeroo - thank you soooooooooo much for this! This is exactly what I'm looking at. The Chinese censored version. Now, I have located what seems to be a censored version of Live Licks that has what looks like a yellow tank-topped half-shirt on the girl. Is that correct?? I'm still trying to locate the new edition version of 40 Licks - the Japanese one w/ the blue tongue and 2 versions of SFTD. Used prices are outrageous!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 6, 2009 20:59

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 21:53 by UrbanSteel.

Date: May 6, 2009 21:26

UrbanSteel,
You are an endless wealth of knowledge in all things promo and otherwise!! Thank you kindly!!

Mickijaggeroo,
It appears that the shot of the band on the cover of the Chinese ABB is a closer photo than that of the US release. Is that correct?

Date: May 6, 2009 23:58

VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel,
You are an endless wealth of knowledge in all things promo and otherwise!! Thank you kindly!!

Mickijaggeroo,
It appears that the shot of the band on the cover of the Chinese ABB is a closer photo than that of the US release. Is that correct?

Yes, it seems a bit more closer.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 7, 2009 02:28

Note the miss print: Happy (a bigger bang) on the UK release. This time the UK used a Jewel case with the US going card sleeve (it is often the other way around).

It should also be noted the annoucement of the album title was delayed following the London bombings....

Matt

Date: May 7, 2009 14:54

Oh good observation, Matt! And that's a great tidbit of trivia - I was unaware of that prior.

Do you or anyone happen to have any knowledge about the Asian Live Licks cover? I don't know if it's from China or Hong Kong or what, so I'll call it the Asian version, but it does appear to have the girl on the tongue in a yellow shirt, which would be a 3rd version of that cover....

Date: May 7, 2009 15:02

OK, here's another for all you other promo collectors out there......I've located a 5-track digipak sampler for Shine A Light, but the only one I know of is a 6-track sampler. Does a 5-track one exist as well???

Re: Question for UrbanSteel: A Bigger Bang 12 track & Shine A Light samplers
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 7, 2009 15:34

X

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 21:53 by UrbanSteel.

Date: May 7, 2009 15:42

I will assume - since it doesn't say - that this must be the European one, since it's a digipak, but you must be correct about the typo. I love that European one! Great photo inside!! As always, thanks so much for your help, UrbanSteel. I'm always sinking deeper into my indebtedness to you! smiling smiley

Date: May 7, 2009 17:43

You know with all the different remixes that are out there, is there a definitive list somewhere of remixes have been officially released? I fear I am probably missing some of these. I know I'm missing all the iTunes' only I'm Free remixes, but I'm mostly referring to the official CD single releases

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 7, 2009 18:34

Here's a page in french with the chinese releases of ABB and Live Licks :

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: May 7, 2009 20:04

Thanks so much for clarifying Doc!

God this makes no sense - they pull some of the songs off of 40 Licks that they let stay on Live Licks......WTF??!?! And now I have to add the Chinese cover to the collection - I seem to have now expanded my collector's collection to the various cover versions too! LOL UGH - but I must say these can be had relatively cheaply (the Chinese ones) so I guess it's not so bad.

Nonetheless.....my devotion to the religion of Completism is strengthening each and every day! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-07 20:37 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 7, 2009 20:38

When I bought the chinese ones in Beijing last year, the boots cost 25 yuan, and the legit ones between 30-35 yuan, canĀ“t get much cheaper than that.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: May 7, 2009 20:56

What's that equate to? I just picked up ABB for $9.97 and 40L and LL each for $12.97. I'm pretty happy with those prices - for that price I couldn't pass up the 3rd cover of Live Licks! LOL

The Argentinian ABB is a great cover - I think I like that one better than the more well known one.

Date: May 8, 2009 15:57

Is there not a list compiled anywhere of all the official remix versions?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 8, 2009 16:25

I missed this one first time round -

6 Classic tracks and 6 New Classic tracks?

Streets Of Love? This Place Is Empty? Rain Falls Down?

No wonder the album didn't sell well - they were pointing out the awful songs...

Date: May 8, 2009 16:52

This Place Is Empty?? I love that track!! Rain Fall Down's got a great groove and beat too - a modern Miss You - too bad the lyrics are a bit dense.....

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 25, 2012 16:41

Do my ears serve me well? It seems that they mixed out '@#$%&' in the 'Rain Fall Down'.

Is is a kind of Radio Clean version of the song on this promo. Mine is EU with Cat.# CDVDJ 3031.

Also IORR seems to be edited version from 40Licks. Kind of weird.

Posted by: Carster ()
Date: June 25, 2012 18:38

ironbelly
Do my ears serve me well? It seems that they mixed out '@#$%&' in the 'Rain Fall Down'.

You are absolutely RIGHT. Thanks for being alert!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home