Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Circus setist
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: November 15, 2010 01:09

Am I the only one that thinks the circus set list should have at least included some songs from B.T.B. and T.S.M.R. ? I don't know why but I thought "she's a rainbow" would have been cool...

even though they "weren't up to par" ..I still love the whole setlist

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Circus setist
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 15, 2010 01:59

Do you mean this Cirkus (Djurgården, Stockholm)? Venue for a Stones-concert in the summer of 2003: [commons.wikimedia.org]

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: November 15, 2010 02:06

sorry, should have been more specific...the rock and roll circus

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 03:23

I agree that She's A Rainbow would have been great. But they were already on the back to the roots years where they completely dismissed their 66/67 pop period. I think the only song they played from those years during that period was Under My Thumb.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 15, 2010 03:32

She's A Rainbow is great but I don't think it will on fit the set list of RR&C, I think the whole RR&C was their new start to a Rock Band, although one of the TSMR would have fit

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 05:37

Nope wouldn't have fit the darker edge they were goiong for. But 2000 Light Years From Home would have been great! Nothing for BTB would have fit...Paint it Black would have, and it would have been cool to see Brian play that live on the sitar.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: November 15, 2010 12:15

Interesting idea Marhsall. I think perhaps "Citadel" would have sounded cool live, and it would have fit with all the heavy blues they were playing at the Circus in '68.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 15, 2010 12:44

Marhsall
Am I the only one that thinks the circus set list should have at least included some songs from B.T.B. and T.S.M.R. ?

Yes, some songs from Bridges To Babylon would've been great! winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home