Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Chuck Leavell confirms tour.
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: November 14, 2010 03:48

Chuck Leavell is playing a benefit concert tonight in Dublin, Ga. My friend and his wife spoke to him and said Keith is pushing hard for a the ban to start working. Chuck said that a tour is a certainty next year ( '11). He got interrupted before he could ask chuck about a album and specifically jack white producing. Good news!!!!

Go Dawgs!

Re: Chuck Leavell confirms tour.
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 14, 2010 03:50

it has to be jack white!!!!

Date: November 14, 2010 03:51

Agreed Bastard! Since I am sure my boss won't let me off to do it! Ha!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 14, 2010 04:06

So it's not Jack White is what that says.

Well, at least with Chuck "confirming" a tour for '011 at least we know the Stones will be playing the same set list as the Bang tour in stadiums with RONNIE WOOD and the same backing musicians...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 14, 2010 04:24

One more tour speculation thread.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 14, 2010 04:31

The Stones produced by Jack White? Haha, ok! eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 04:32 by Justin.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 14, 2010 04:38

This is how I read the tea leaves as far as a tour and/or new album goes:

The "Mick" camp and "Keith" camp are not in agreement yet on anything. Keith just published a book castigating and insulting Jagger, and then merrily drops a bunch of hints in ensuing book promotion interviews that are intended to give the impression the group is planning something. I believe Mick is saying "not so fast, pal" (as Keith would write it). Mick will not let any feelings he has about the book get in the way of business, but he is also not just going to hop back into bed (figuratively speaking) that easily. He will have to be wooed.

The above is pure speculation on my part, but at least I admit it.

Date: November 14, 2010 05:08

I just spoke to my friend about the show and he said that chuck could not "officially" say the tour and album were fully planned "cya" as we say in the US but we should be expecting a tour and album in 11 and Keith is pushing for the band to start working, Which is great news to me.
He played htw, td, dead flowers, jessica, nobody knows you when you are down and out, some of his Xmas stuff and a few originals. The last song was Georgia on mind. A very good show according to my friend and wife. To clarify about Jack White- the question was going to be asked but my friend was interrupted and didn't get a chance to speak with him. Set lists war horses and RW? That was not asked. Speculation? It was chuck speculating not me.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: November 14, 2010 06:33

I really hope they DON'T bring Chuck on the next tour. He sounds so horrible on stage with the Stones.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 14, 2010 07:06

Chuck loves to tell stories.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 14, 2010 08:53

If they tour, Chuck will be there. They're not going to change his role in the band because some of us compare him unfavourably to Nicky and Stu. Ronnie on guitar, of course.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:11

71Tele
This is how I read the tea leaves as far as a tour and/or new album goes:

The "Mick" camp and "Keith" camp are not in agreement yet on anything. Keith just published a book castigating and insulting Jagger, and then merrily drops a bunch of hints in ensuing book promotion interviews that are intended to give the impression the group is planning something. I believe Mick is saying "not so fast, pal" (as Keith would write it). Mick will not let any feelings he has about the book get in the way of business, but he is also not just going to hop back into bed (figuratively speaking) that easily. He will have to be wooed.

The above is pure speculation on my part, but at least I admit it.

Not an unlikely scenario. The only thing that I take seriously from Keith - who always says that he is going to a tour, making new songs, albums, etc - is that he is "waiting for the call" by guess whom? It could be that Jagger lets Keith wait a bit now...

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:35

is that he is "waiting for the call" by guess whom? It could be that Jagger lets Keith wait a bit now...

Show him the blade Keith ..... Show 'im da blade....Mick'll wanna cut one of those gaddam LP records an tour straight away .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:47

nankerphlege
Chuck Leavell is playing a benefit concert tonight in Dublin, Ga. My friend and his wife spoke to him and said Keith is pushing hard for a the ban to start working. Chuck said that a tour is a certainty next year ( '11). He got interrupted before he could ask chuck about a album and specifically jack white producing. Good news!!!!

OFFICIAL announcement please ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 10:51

So Keith's the one who's actually eager to start playing live when he can barely play guitar? I don't get it.

Date: November 14, 2010 10:54

I don't get it.

...please keep ya sex life outta the discussion .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:01

Rockman
I don't get it.

...please keep ya sex life outta the discussion .....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:02

>>. He got interrupted before he could ask chuck about a album and specifically jack white producing. Good news!!!!<<

Interruption? ---- is usually bad! in fact; I hate it.

where's the good news?

Date: November 14, 2010 11:05

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic

..... No No stay at it while ya there!!! .. .... Heck topic is a kinda strange name for a girl ain't it.... but anyway enjoy....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: November 14, 2010 11:55

nankerphlege
I just spoke to my friend about the show and he said that chuck could not "officially" say the tour and album were fully planned "cya" as we say in the US but we should be expecting a tour and album in 11 and Keith is pushing for the \band to start working, Which is great news to me.
He played htw, td, dead flowers, jessica, nobody knows you when you are down and out, some of his Xmas stuff and a few originals. The last song was Georgia on mind. A very good show according to my friend and wife. To clarify about Jack White- the question was going to be asked but my friend was interrupted and didn't get a chance to speak with him. Set lists war horses and RW? That was not asked. Speculation? It was chuck speculating not me.

In your first post you said, "He got interrupted before he could ask chuck about a album and specifically jack white producing.", then in the above you state that Chuck said to your friend, "we should be expecting a tour and album in 11".

Your contradict yourself a bit there. Did you speak to your friend a second time and he clarified this for you, or are you saying this because it's what you wanted to hear?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 12:04

Excellent, news. But we need official information.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 14, 2010 14:57

stones78
So Keith's the one who's actually eager to start playing live when he can barely play guitar? I don't get it.

He's ready for 60,000 people a night to scream his name. He's an addictive personality, as we all know, and the adulation is his junk now.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 14, 2010 16:33

If they are planning a tour in '11, I assume they already booked the venues.........

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 14, 2010 17:03

NICOS
If they are planning a tour in '11, I assume they already booked the venues.........

Your right NICOS. A stage isn't designed and built just before a tour. It take months and months of planning. Booking venues, hotels. getting crews ready. None of the backing musicians can not be touring with anyone else in 2011. The point is that I beleive that everything has been planned already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 17:04 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 14, 2010 17:21

nankerphlege
"cya" as we say in the US.

We do? First I've ever read/heard of it.

Date: November 14, 2010 19:30

Yes I spoke to my friend after they left and he told me about the songs he played and I asked if he mentioned an album and that is when he clarified that we should expect an album and tour not just a tour. Further clarification- the interruption is bad. I wanted more info but the fact that Keith is wanting the band to work is good and that we should expect output from the Stones is good news. Skipstone- I should have posted "cya" C.Y.A. Or cover your a$$.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 14, 2010 20:51

nanker, please email me.

sbking@wildblue.net

Thanks,

Elmo AKA Scotty

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 14, 2010 20:53

So, according to the title of this thread (Chuck Leavell confirms tour), that tells me the following:

- I missed the press conference where Mick, Keith and Charlie went up to the microphone and said: "And now Chuck Leavell will announce our next tour".

- I was incorrect (since following this band from 1964 - present day) that "The Rolling Stones" did not have a BAND MEMBER named 'Chuck Leavell'. All along (since 1981) I thought he was a hired hand for this band.

- and I must have been mistaken all these years when I've waited patiently for an OFFICIAL press conference from the band MEMBERS themselves.

Well, at least I've learned something here today!smoking smiley Yes, I KNOW Leavell is 'Mick's partner in crime' lately, but please.........

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: November 14, 2010 21:14

Either Jack White or Danger Mouse. Either one would be awesome.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: November 14, 2010 22:25

stones78

I fear to say, but i think Keith is in need of some proffesional help. Last year he said he can't play because he's out of practise (never mind his physical ability), than he does everything to destroy the Stones with his book and in the same breath he says that HE wants the Stones to go on tour??? It sounds more like someone who doesn't want it to continue but doesn't want to take the blame for it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home