Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

25 x 5
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 13, 2010 23:11

A Friend oof mine burned this on DVD from LD. I wonder if they would ever consider updating this and releasing a nice Blu-Ray? It was a quick run through of their careeer for sure, but I've watched it more than once which is more than I can say for some DVD's I own.

Re: 25 x 5
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 13, 2010 23:34

I've had this since the day it came out, always loved this one. It's very well put together and thorough. I've been planning on an updated 50x5 blu-ray release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-13 23:34 by shadooby.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 13, 2010 23:50

Another one they could reissue on DVD/Blu-Ray.

At the time, when I saw it and rented it and watched it a couple of times it was very exciting to be able to rewind and listen to something again, have an inside the studio look (albeit one that was obviously fake, that whole Mixed Emotions thing) and so on...

A list of what has been released or reissued.

So far, if I recall correctly, it's:

Rock'N'Roll Circus
Gimme Shelter
Ladies & Gentlemen...
At The Max
Voodoo Lounge Live - but out of print from what I understand
Bridges To Babylon Live
Four Flicks
The Biggest Bang
Shine A Light

Has LSTNT really been offcially reissued? 25X5 could be reissued, if not updated to something else...where the hell is Video Rewind? Why not put Voodoo Lounge Live back out?

Is that it? Is there something missing? It would be nice to have some kind of ABKCO/Rolling Stones Records/Virgin Records video collection of song films/videos.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 14, 2010 00:18

Seems to me a bit pointless to re-release a retrospective of their first 25 years since, presumably, the Stones are still an active band.
I only say "active" since they haven't officially called it quits, yet.

Rather than going through the whole production of creating a new documentary, they could release a new DVD with 25x5 as the first part.
The last 25 years could be added on as a "bonus feature" which, considering all they've done during that time, would add about 20 minutes of viewing time. grinning smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 14, 2010 01:44

Just watched the 2002 Let It Bleed docu tonight. It's the best docu about The Stones out there.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 14, 2010 01:47

Edith Grove
Seems to me a bit pointless to re-release a retrospective of their first 25 years since, presumably, the Stones are still an active band.
I only say "active" since they haven't officially called it quits, yet.

Rather than going through the whole production of creating a new documentary, they could release a new DVD with 25x5 as the first part.
The last 25 years could be added on as a "bonus feature" which, considering all they've done during that time, would add about 20 minutes of viewing time. grinning smiley

Then Jump Back was a moot point, as well as Forty Licks and reissuing Hot Rocks 1 and 2 and blah blah blah...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 05:13

What they need to do is make a real Anthology type documentary celebrating their 50th  Do it right, start from the beginning. Really do it right with interviews, unreleased films, hard to get films and go all the way up to now. Big project. But it would be great if done right.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 23:27

whitem8
What they need to do is make a real Anthology type documentary celebrating their 50th  Do it right, start from the beginning. Really do it right with interviews, unreleased films, hard to get films and go all the way up to now. Big project. But it would be great if done right.

Like Beatles Anthology (Put To Shame):

What HAS to be included-

Every live (not mimicked) TV performance

Down Home Girl, Satisfaction (Complete), Street Fighting Man (Complete) Hyde Park
Stray Cat Blues, Sympathy, Love In Vain, Midnight Rambler, Live With Me, Street Fighting Man (Complete) MSG 1969
Brown Sugar, Under My Thumb (Both Complete), Sympathy (Both Complete), The Sun Is Shining, Love In Vain, Street Fighting Man (Complete) Altamont

Rocks Off (L&G Outtake)
A lot of footage from Philly 72
Any good Pro Shot footage from 73

A Few Videos from 75 (Gimme Shelter, Heartbreaker, Sympathy, Luxury, Dance Little Sister, Finger Print File, ect.)
Paris 76 (the entire broadcasts)
Knebworth 76

Any Good 78 pro shot
79 Concert for the Blind

When The Whip Comes Down (Rocks Off Film)
LSTNT Outtakes [Down The Road Apiece, Brown Sugar (w/ Tina Turner),Waiting On A Friend (Complete/Proper Speed), Going To A Go-Go (Complete/Proper Speed), Jumpin' Jack Flash (Complete/Proper Speed), Beast Of Burden (Complete/Proper Speed), Let It Bleed (Complete/Proper Speed), Tumblin' Dice (Complete/Proper Speed)]

Pro shot compilation of the better Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour shows (Barcelona, London, Montreal, ect.)

Stripped Outtakes
NJ 94 (I Can't Get Next To You)
Miami 94 (Heartbreaker, Dead Flowers, Beast Of Burden, I Go Wild, Happy)
Johannesburg (Rock And A Hard Place)

B2B Live Outtakes (ASMB?, Corinna, All About You, The Last Time)
B2B Webvotes (Paint It Black, She's A Rainbow, Love Is Strong, Time Is On My Side, Memory Motel, Far Away Eyes, No Expectations, Respectable, Sister Morphine, Fool To Cry, Angie, How Can I Stop?, Might As Well Get Juiced, Imagination, Crazy Mama)
Entire Portchester Show

1 Complete 99 show (preferably the first or the gig with melody)

Tour Rarities (Heart Of Stone, Hot Stuff, Can't You Hear Me Knockin?, Out Of Control, Ruby Tuesday, Salt Of The Earth, Undercover, Parachute Woman, She Smiled Sweetly, Don't Look Back, Waiting On A Friend, Brand New Car)
London 03 (Happy, Don't Stop, Start Me Up)
Paris 03 (Tumblin' Dice, IORR, Rip This Joint)

Rio (This Place Is Empty, Tumblin' Dice, Oh No Not You Again, Sympathy)
Austin (Bitch, YCAGWYW, Start Me Up)
China (All But those included in Biggest Bang)
A few tour rarities

Some Interviews Accompanying Each disc

And a 6 volume career spanning set of 3 cds a piece

AND A TOUR (with it's own box set) grinning smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 14, 2010 23:32

If they did a doc for the second 25 years it would only need to be about 15 minutes long...

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: November 14, 2010 23:34

They could certainly release it as an an extra on something else. But would they air brush Bill?

Date: November 15, 2010 02:54

They could tack this on to 25 x 5 about the second 25 years:

"We got back together and did a new album and tour. Bill quit. We played a bunch of other tours using a lot of sidemen and made more money than God. This in spite of hardly ever releasing albums anymore, and the ones we did release no one really cared about. Keith fell out of a tree. Ronnie went back to rehab - five more times. Martin Scorcese filmed us. We reissued our best album with some new songs. Keith wrote a book".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-15 07:16 by 71Tele.

Date: November 15, 2010 05:10

71Tele
If they did a doc for the second 25 years it would only need to be about 15 minutes long...

Oh my, that really made me laugh!!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:26

71Tele

"We got back together and did a new album and tour. Bill quit. We played a bunch of other tours using a lot of sidemen. We did some albums that no one really cared about. Keith fell out of a tree. Ronnie went back to rehab - five more times. Martin Scorcese filmed us. We reissued our best album with some new songs. Keith wrote a book".

If you wanna dumb everything down to that level, why not take the 60s and 70s too?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 15, 2010 07:14

JumpingKentFlash
71Tele

"We got back together and did a new album and tour. Bill quit. We played a bunch of other tours using a lot of sidemen. We did some albums that no one really cared about. Keith fell out of a tree. Ronnie went back to rehab - five more times. Martin Scorcese filmed us. We reissued our best album with some new songs. Keith wrote a book".

If you wanna dumb everything down to that level, why not take the 60s and 70s too?

Because what was produced in the 60s and 70s wasn't that dumb, and there was much more of it.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 15, 2010 12:46

whitem8

Nah, far easier to knock out a single CD best-of compilation with one unreleased track!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 15, 2010 14:34

I still believe Laser rules the world.grinning smiley

Date: November 15, 2010 16:05

They could just rename it to 25 X 2. In two years anyway.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 15, 2010 17:40

they should do this anthology thing wich was planned

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: November 16, 2010 08:25

If they did they would change the name.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: November 16, 2010 08:42

The entire Ready Steady Go Performances they did.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: November 16, 2010 08:45

skipstone

What's that supposed to mean?

Date: November 16, 2010 09:29

RollingStonesRob
The entire Ready Steady Go Performances they did.

Apparently the RSG shows are owned by Dave Clark. Yes, that Dave Clark. He bought a lot of this stuff up when no one was watching or much cared. Now he commands huge fees for using clips.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 16, 2010 13:16

fiftyamp
skipstone

What's that supposed to mean?
25 X 2 = 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home