Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT : "Childish" Kanye West Cancels Live TV Appearance ...
Date: November 14, 2010 18:44

like with any genre of music, there's good artists and not so good artists.

Date: November 14, 2010 18:48

Nikolai
Kanye's very talented, but boy is he a DICK.

...tiny todger, 'though.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 16, 2010 00:45

It's somewhat ironic though that Dr Dre did some rather interesting things with Snoop. There was something going on there.

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: November 16, 2010 00:54

mickschix
HB is right! This guy is a twit, with a thug mentality who truly believes he's GOD!

Now now, why be so hard on Keith Richards? smiling smiley

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Date: November 16, 2010 01:01

schillid
For me, the point isn't about race OR music...

Black or white... Good music or not... This guy here just seems like a big, self-absorbed dick.

I see what you're saying, but there seems to be a racial double standard happening in this thread. When Keith Richards, a white music star, acts obnoxious and says crazy things, it's endearing. When Kanye West, a black music star, does it, he's a dick. Apparently it's okay for white rock stars to act wild, but not black rock stars. Just sayin'...

and contrary to what someone else in this thread said, rappers ARE musicians. That is all.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 16, 2010 01:54

stateofshock

I see what you're saying, but there seems to be a racial double standard happening in this thread. When Keith Richards, a white music star, acts obnoxious and says crazy things, it's endearing. When Kanye West, a black music star, does it, he's a dick. Apparently it's okay for white rock stars to act wild, but not black rock stars. Just sayin'...

and contrary to what someone else in this thread said, rappers ARE musicians. That is all.

Excellent points. Kanye has opinions and he states them in a not-so-politically-correct way and more often than not, he sticks his foot in it....
but he's one of the more original artists in the rap genre or whatever you want to call it....
and besides, am I the only one who finds Matt Lauer smug? Or is it just me?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 16, 2010 01:58

stateofshock
schillid

Black or white... Good music or not... This guy here just seems like a big, self-absorbed dick.

Keith Richards never used a fundraising telethon to say the president of the United States hates black people and he never jumped on stage and interrupted another performers speech when they were accepting an award.

Date: November 16, 2010 02:38

sweetcharmedlife
stateofshock
schillid

Keith Richards never used a fundraising telethon to say the president of the United States hates black people and he never jumped on stage and interrupted another performers speech when they were accepting an award.

Whatever. I'm not about to get into it with you. I'm not about to list all of the foul shit Keith Richards has done to other people (Some of are which are nearly identical to Kanye's exploits [namely, calling white people out for being racist.]) . Because frankly, the list is way too damn long and I don't have that kind of time. Suffice it to say, Keith Richards = Kanye West.

Deal with it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-16 02:41 by stateofshock.

Date: November 16, 2010 02:42

stupidguy2
stateofshock

Excellent points. Kanye has opinions and he states them in a not-so-politically-correct way and more often than not, he sticks his foot in it....
but he's one of the more original artists in the rap genre or whatever you want to call it....
and besides, am I the only one who finds Matt Lauer smug? Or is it just me?

I cannot STAND that MF (Matt Lauer) I stopped watching the Today Show because of him, he got on my last nerve.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 16, 2010 15:38

Show me a rap "musician" that can play the guitar, the piano or any other actual musical instrument. First show one, then show ten. Then some of us might actually agree with you.

But until then, no way. And that is a done deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-16 15:38 by skipstone.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 16, 2010 15:55

Imho West is no more a black artist than you or me. He's a thing made by record execs to hit the "female market". In that respect he's closer to Fabian : insipid and talentless BUT good-looking.
Black or white? It doesn't matter, really...

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 16, 2010 16:13

Rap is anything BUT music

Date: November 16, 2010 19:10

skipstone
Show me a rap "musician" that can play the guitar, the piano or any other actual musical instrument. First show one, then show ten. Then some of us might actually agree with you.

skipstone I'm not the biggest rap fan so i'm not in a position to name 10, but four come to mind:
Wyclef Jean
The Roots
The Beastie Boys
Andre 3000 from Outkast
you'd be surprised as to how many rappers actually have a knowledge of music theory and history and know what they're talking about.

p.s. if you've never seen The Roots in concert, I highly recommend you do. they put on a great show.

Date: November 16, 2010 19:39

bernardandersonII
skipstone

skipstone I'm not the biggest rap fan so i'm not in a position to name 10, but four come to mind:
Wyclef Jean
The Roots
The Beastie Boys
Andre 3000 from Outkast
you'd be surprised as to how many rappers actually have a knowledge of music theory and history and know what they're talking about.

p.s. if you've never seen The Roots in concert, I highly recommend you do. they put on a great show.

Thank you. I hate when idiots who have absolutely no knowledge of rap music pretend to know what they're talking about.

Date: November 16, 2010 19:41

skipstone, if you want a better understanding, i recommend you listen to this:
http://www.cbc.ca/thesundayedition/2010/05/twenty-pieces-of-music-that-changed-the-world.html
episode 9.
also, here's a documentary on the history of hip hop:
http://documentaryheaven.com/the-show/
maybe after learning a bit more you'll actually start to appreciate it, or atleast realize that it's not all crap.
and as far as mickscarey goes, there's no point in trying to educate him. his skull is as thick as the blast doors at Cheyenne Mountain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-17 01:57 by bernardandersonII.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 16, 2010 22:08

Rap, hip hop...whatever you want to call it, is - at its best - is the only genre that is consistently evolving. Like any genre of music, there are alot of fakers and there's alot of mediocrity - but artists like Jay Z, Kanye, The Roots are part of a long line of artists who push the boundaries, like A Tribe Called Quest....and while most non-fans only know the stereotypical themes, there's alot going on in these lyics.
Just listen to Houston's now-defunct Getto Boys' My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me and tell me that doesn't give you the chills....

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 16, 2010 22:12

I read all the posts
Since I don't have all the ins & outs about Kanye West story, a question comes to my mind.

How do you make a difference between rap music and some stuff that comes in the radio ?

Even if I am very good on English slang ,I couldn't understand what they sing -not only the "yo! man " thing but the meaning of the lyrics.

Here are three songs I enjoy ,I don't feel confortable with the lyrics ,I know about the lyrics because I googled it,and it sounds offensive to me , but is this what you call rap music ?

May be rap music has more to do with the performance rather than a melody or a singer who knows how to sing ?

What's the difference between rap & hip hop ?
In term of music I mean .

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 16, 2010 23:48

Yo oyo yo, where are all da biatch-es at. Yo yo yo. Blah blah blah

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home