Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tribute Band Glasgow Saturday 20th November.
Posted by: belld ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:14

Rollin Clones on the Renfrew Ferry.
Open the cage ( and the low flyer) Teleblaster.
Wee Bobby Lennox where are you? Big John Greig needs you.
Kennydice?

Re: Tribute Band Glasgow Saturday 20th November.
Posted by: skelly ()
Date: November 12, 2010 19:44

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 12, 2010 19:59

I'm hoping I'll be full of the Feelgood factor after Wilko's gig the night before, but the Partick faction will put in an appearance. Looking forward to good company, but if you don't make it we'll just have to put up with belld's party! No doubt small and rather expensive refreshments will be involved. Those who attended last time may remember a particular IORRer get fruity with a P.A. speaker - pure class, so it was.

After feedback (here) of Mick Taylor at the Ferry, can I direct potential attendees to the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band's 1969 track, "Mr Apollo".

All together now....

Follow Mr. Apollo
Everybody knows he's the greatest benefactor of mankind
Follow Mr. Apollo
Everybody knows that a healthy body makes a healthy mind

See y'all there!

Date: November 14, 2010 00:52

A great night with Mick Taylor at the Ferry last year as shown in this video. Mr Apollo 73 at the very start. Who is that, belld or teleblaster?

Weebobbylennox, are you going? Any other weegie Stones fans going for a beer?

Date: November 14, 2010 09:20

The lightly refreshed gentleman in the white wig (the one who seems to be conducting the audience at the beginning of the video - in between pecking at a glass of The Famous Grouse) is none other than belld, or Mr Apollo, as he became known on the night (as he was apparently becoming somewhat repetitive in his exhortations to "Remember The Apollo", the venue of his last Mick Taylor gig in 1973).

I'm afraid that I was unable to attend the Ferry that particular evening. I can confirm that last night I liaised with belld and his family entourage in a Glasgow hostelry and we both agreed that the Clones gig provides a fine opportunity for a between-the-tours Stones fans get-together.

If you've never seen the band, they're good and - more importantly - don't take themselves too seriously. I HATE tribute bands, but have to concede that it's a fun show with the added interest of the occasional number that you've never heard the Stones do live. I first saw them - with belld, in fact - at the 100 club the night before a Stones show. Was it the Astoria? Think it was round about that time.

Posted by: Rio ()
Date: November 15, 2010 22:56

I am from Austria but I am going to be in Glasgow around this time. Any chance someone is getting me a ticket and maybe hang out together? I think it would be a lot of fun, since I travel all alone to UK this and next week.

vantheman@gmx.at

Peter =)

Date: November 16, 2010 09:28

Rio
I am from Austria but I am going to be in Glasgow around this time. Any chance someone is getting me a ticket and maybe hang out together? I think it would be a lot of fun, since I travel all alone to UK this and next week.

vantheman@gmx.at

Peter =)
No problem Rio, check your inbox.

Date: November 20, 2010 14:40

What time Teleblaster? The Ferry website shows a support band The Black Triangles. Any info? Prepared for the usual contretemps at the bar due to the lack of availabilty of the low flyer. Any particles appearing?
Trust you enjoyed last nights gig.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 20, 2010 14:50

belld
What time Teleblaster? The Ferry website shows a support band The Black Triangles. Any info? Prepared for the usual contretemps at the bar due to the lack of availabilty of the low flyer. Any particles appearing?
Trust you enjoyed last nights gig.

Best wishes guys, wish I was up there with y'all ... there can never be too much "jumpin' up n' down" there up front. Till the next time ............. !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 20, 2010 15:45

Cheers Paulywaul. I`ve got fellow iorr poster, Rio, in town. He`s visiting from Vienna. Hope he is enjoying some old fashioned Glasgow hospitality.

Date: November 20, 2010 20:03

Wilko was 'tastic. May even do a brief OT review tomorrow (I promised this to a poster a couple of months back). Hi Paulywaul. How's tricks? Belld, I'm full of the man-flu, but will fill up with Lemsip and Partick whisky. Might give the support a miss and get there back of nine or something. Rio is dining and partying with belld? Be afraid, Rio. Be very afraid.

Date: November 20, 2010 20:09

Guys, just having my dinner the noo then I'll get ready and head into town. I'll probably get there about 8. smileys with beer

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 20, 2010 20:21

have a great night - have a couple of pints for me smileys with beer

Date: November 20, 2010 21:16

Thanks, Adrian -L.

Skelly, you'll spot Belld by the white wig, etc., and he'll probably be there before me. I'm of a similar vintage as Belld and will be wearing an "Oil City Confidential" T-shirt bought at last night's Wilko Johnson gig. See ya there.

Date: November 21, 2010 02:37

Great night with Mr and Mrs belld, Mr and Mrs teleblaster, and Rio. Report to follow. Too drunk to post any more. Night night.

Date: November 21, 2010 16:53

Have you heard about the Partick Strangler, the one with the silk scarf.
Must have been a great night Skelly, muscles aching and voice totally gone.
A good band assisted by a raucous crowd on a very busy dance floor.
Now need to go for the coat of the wolf, as the hair of the dog will be totally insuffiecnt.

Date: November 21, 2010 17:22

Good to meet you, Skelly. It's not just bands that have to rehearse for a tour - fans do too! Enjoy your wolfskin, Belld. I might do likewise. Got the day off tomorrow, but have a deer's liver to prepare!

Date: November 21, 2010 17:23

Ha ha, the Partick strangler. I forgot about that. Teleblaster seemed to get a second wind and returned to the dancefloor to attack us all with his scarf before wrapping it round my head to give me the Keith Richards look. The band were great. I loved their version of tumbling dice in the style of stripped companion / rarities.

Date: November 21, 2010 17:53

By a strange co0incidence Teleblaster I am cooking Venison MacDuff for our IORR visitor Rio. Wonder if its all from the same beast? Mines smells of the Easter Ross hills.

Date: November 21, 2010 18:19

Mine was a roe deer shot by a mate on Friday. I hope you've got the good tweed table cloth out for Rio. Has he had the pleasure of the Broon Coo hostelry yet or is that a tea time special?

Skelly, I suspect the second wind came out the Highland Park bottle. It was nice to get glasses made of..well, glass... at a city centre gig. I get fed up with plastic tumblers and squashed spillage!

Date: November 21, 2010 21:05

Roe Deer old boy, next step Guardian reading vegetarian whisky! Que Angus?

Date: November 22, 2010 00:12

Guys, my email address is stevenkelly77@sky.com. It would be good to hear from you again for future get togethers, hopefully on a Stones tour soon!

Date: November 22, 2010 00:13

Thanks Skelly. You may regret this!
Where is Wee Bobby Lennox? Big John Greig said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home