Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Life on the Road in the 90's
Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 12, 2010 01:33

One thing I am curious about, that both Keith's book and Ron's book gloss right over, is life on the road during 1989 and the 1990's. What was life like on the road during the Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, and Bridges tours? We know Keith and Ron were still partying hard, but how hard and wild was it? How much partying/hanging out went on between Mick and the guitars off the stage? Did they lead completely different lives when not on stage? Was the whole thing more family orientated. Even if it was, I'm sure the whole thing wasn't rated PG. But neither of those books really talks much about it. What was life like on the road during those tours?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Re: Life on the Road in the 90's
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 12, 2010 02:54

Business as usual. That's the impression I always got. I mean, a family-oriented affair? That says it all.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 12, 2010 03:00

Ain't this about the time the Cohl administration took over?

I wonder what effect he had (besides ticket prices) on life on the road.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 12, 2010 08:17

Read Bill German's book. Great insight.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 12, 2010 09:01

and/or read A Life on the Road, and/or watch the documentary called Let It Bleed

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 13, 2010 19:12

Work and kids is running my life right now. I don't know when I'll get around to Bill German's book. What is the jist of life on the road in 1989 and the 1990's? Groupies? Wild times?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 13, 2010 23:05

JumpingKentFlash
Read Bill German's book. Great insight.

+1

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 14, 2010 01:48

mickjagger1009
Work and kids is running my life right now. I don't know when I'll get around to Bill German's book. What is the jist of life on the road in 1989 and the 1990's? Groupies? Wild times?

Actually the jist of the Steel Wheels Tour seems to be an ongoing rivalry between Keith and Bre... Mick. Keith still doing drugs too.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home