Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Mick performing at the SNL after-party
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2012 21:49

This deserves a thread of its own, I think:

Yes, as rumoured he did sing Miss You. Video quality not great, but Mick quality pretty good!

Re: Mick performing at the SNL after-party
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 21, 2012 21:58

Thanks Green Lady for the short footage.
"Miss You" should be for Mick the ultimate Rolling Stones song and even if he did a good job on it, it's sad sad sad. Make me think of the old singers who always sing the same old song to please people.

HMN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 21, 2012 22:05

Not Miss You again!

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: May 21, 2012 22:16

Thanks for posting this!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 21, 2012 22:29

DOH!...
kicking myself!!!!!!!

great

Posted by: Raluca ()
Date: May 21, 2012 22:52

Mick is ready for touring !!! Maybe without the Stones.
Greetings Raluca

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:04

Mick has thrown down the gauntlet - next year's tour is going to be as much (or more) about him than anything else - he owns the moment - hard to imagine that part of this is not one great big f-you to Keith for writing that book (which, according to an incredibly well-placed source tells me caused more static than anyone ever imagined and continues to cause problems)- Jagger knows they'll still tour - but on his terms - with him calling the primary shots, no doubt. Props to the Foos for placing ego aside and doing some seriously nice work with Mick -

It's Mick Jagger's world. The rest of 'em now just live in it.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:14

hbwriter
Mick has thrown down the gauntlet - next year's tour is going to be as much (or more) about him than anything else - he owns the moment - hard to imagine that part of this is not one great big f-you to Keith for writing that book (which, according to an incredibly well-placed source tells me caused more static than anyone ever imagined and continues to cause problems)- Jagger knows they'll still tour - but on his terms - with him calling the primary shots, no doubt. Props to the Foos for placing ego aside and doing some seriously nice work with Mick -

How is that any different than any time since the mid-1980's? From what I can tell, since that time it's been exactly as you described above (minus the book references, obviously).

Also, why would the Foos have to place ego aside to work with Mick? Are you insinuating that your sources have told you that they had their egos bruised by having to work with Mick?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 21, 2012 23:19

mr_dja
hbwriter

How is that any different than any time since the mid-1980's? From what I can tell, since that time it's been exactly as you described above (minus the book references, obviously). I'D SAY IT'S HEIGHTENED MORE THAN EVER NOW - THERE IS MORE AT STAKE AS THIS IS CLEARLY THE LAST BIG RUN FOR THE BAND AND MICK WILL PROBABLY BE WHAT MOST PEOPE REMEMBER AFTER NEXT YEAR

Also, why would the Foos have to place ego aside to work with Mick? Are you insinuating that your sources have told you that they had their egos bruised by having to work with Mick? NO - MY POINT WAS, THEY ARE A MEGA BAND PLAYING BACK UP - THAT'S ALL - JUST MY OPINION BASED ON NOTHING FROM ANYONE - I LIKE THAT A BAND THAT BIG CAN TAKE A BACK SEAT TO A LEGEND - NOT ALL OF THEM WOULD DO THAT

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 21, 2012 23:20

hbwriter
...The rest of 'em now just live in it.

"out of it" is better IMO.

HMN

Date: May 21, 2012 23:25

Honestman
hbwriter
...The rest of 'em now just live in it.

"out of it" is better IMO.

that, too smiling smiley But since there is a plan on the table for next year, that's changing as we speak

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 22, 2012 02:09

Greenlady always into big surprises .........bam bam thank you mam...............

Date: May 22, 2012 02:30

don't forget, too - Jagger did a full dress rehearsal right before the show to a separate audience, as well - that's three full hours of almost non-stop live TV as actor/musician - plus the after party - more impressive than people even know - the energy and freshness he brought to it all, even the crappy sketches, is incredible (for anyone - it has nothing to do with his age - though that does make it more remarkable)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2012 02:40

MJ sounds great, thanks for posting Green Lady.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 22, 2012 03:02

hbwriter

Meet the new Stones. Same as the old Stones.Why would next year be even bigger and more important. Because it's the last time? I don't think Charlie really cares how big it is. Ronnie will have his part in it. Keith will be Keith as always. Liek Mr Dja said. This has been the state of the Stones for decades. A farewell tour won't change that.

Date: May 22, 2012 03:12

sweetcharmedlife
hbwriter

Meet the new Stones. Same as the old Stones.Why would next year be even bigger and more important. Because it's the last time? I don't think Charlie really cares how big it is. Ronnie will have his part in it. Keith will be Keith as always. Liek Mr Dja said. This has been the state of the Stones for decades. A farewell tour won't change that.

Sweet - I dunno - I think there are new issues this time out, particularly Keith's health and strength - even on Bigger Bang, Keith played a big part - he was very present and help up pretty well, Fiji tree climbing accidents notwithstanding.Now of course, if Mick Taylor is playing a part, the dynamics changes, etc - but I think, as much as can also agree with you and dja to a point, that the next out; the LAST time out, will be even more about Mick and has abilities than ever before - we think we've seen it like that - but i'm not sure we really have - he simply is not human

Date: May 22, 2012 03:19

What I gather HB is saying is it's REALLY gonna be on Mick's shoulders more so than ever. This is to be the last time...and it's on Mick's dime. On Mick's time. On Mick's songline. Keith is only a player, if that.

Date: May 22, 2012 03:24

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
What I gather HB is saying is it's REALLY gonna be on Mick's shoulders more so than ever. This is to be the last time...and it's on Mick's dime. On Mick's time. On Mick's songline. Keith is only a player, if that.

right - more than ever -

Date: May 22, 2012 03:55

hbwriter
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

right - more than ever -

There is no reason to not think or not believe that at all. It's been that way for the most part for quite some time but obviously MICK is now in the general consicoussnes of the public more than anyone else from The Rolling Stones with the only exception being Ronnie, and therefor... people are once again possibly/most likely thinking of Mick Jagger AS The Rolling Stones.

Which seems like happened on SNL in a way. Keith has lost the roll of the ball. He had it in the late 1980s early 1990s in a great way with the solo LPs. And no big deal that he hasn't since, it's just obvious what's going on.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 22, 2012 04:06

Keith once said, "I'm just a side man", well...

Date: May 22, 2012 04:12

BluzDude
Keith once said, "I'm just a side man", well...

now he's the man behind the man that works the soft machine.

Date: May 22, 2012 04:14

i'm telling ya - and don't think that book LIFE hasn't resulted in a bit of knife twisting from Mick - that's what I believe, anyway, based on what I have heard from someone on Keith's side - in Keith's camp - on how much that book got under Mick's skin - a man whose skin was thought to be impenetrable

Date: May 22, 2012 04:16

hbwriter
i'm telling ya - and don't think that book LIFE hasn't resulted in a bit of knife twisting from Mick - that's what I believe, anyway, based on what I have heard from someone on Keith's side - in Keith's camp - on how much that book got under Mick's skin - a man whose skin was thought to be impenetrable

I've no doubt about it and I wouldn't blame MJ. Mick is having the best revenge....living a better life.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: May 22, 2012 04:34

Was Keith backstage? And if not, why not?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 22, 2012 04:39

hbwriter

Of course Life caused static. No surprise that it continues.......

Props to the Foos for placing egos aside? They should be honored to share the stage with Mick.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: May 22, 2012 04:47

I believe you hb...either Keith was lashing out from some kind of perceived hurt by Mick (aside from that whole "just want my friend back" thing), OR Keith was intentionally or subconsciously sabotaging the relationship. Maybe Keith is really the one who wants out, because nothing else explains the unnecessary, personal hostility in the book.

More and more I'm thinking I wouldn't blame Mick for saying, enough of this cr@p, we had a great run, time to move on. And judging from SNL, that's exactly what Mick is doing, moving on. Remember, Keith lives less than 2 hours from the studio. It's so telling that he did not appear.

And by Ronnie's implications, you're not gonna get new material this fall, just that same plexiglass set to celebrate a 50th anniversary. Big deal...if the feeling in the band is gone, and it is, what's the point? Money? Nostalgia?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: May 22, 2012 04:52

so you really think Mick could have a successful Rolling Stones tour with out Keith?

and when I say that I mean the MONEY to run and profit from it!!!

I say NOT, but thats just my opinion,,

Date: May 22, 2012 05:01

northernale1
so you really think Mick could have a successful Rolling Stones tour with out Keith?

I don't believe that it is anyone's point that MJ would do a stones tour without Keith.

Why are you intimating that is what is being considered?

Date: May 22, 2012 05:09

uhbuhgullayew
hbwriter

Of course Life caused static. No surprise that it continues.......

Props to the Foos for placing egos aside? They should be honored to share the stage with Mick.

we think that - but not all insanely huge rock bands believe that - Foos, to their credit, always step up in situations like this are do seem genuinely honored - maybe my words "put their egos" aside was misleading - what I meant was, despite how big they are (and how busy they were that day!) they were happy to make it all about Mick and I think that's very cool

Date: May 22, 2012 05:11

northernale1

Who on earth said that? You are just making stuff up now to start trouble - NOBODY SUGGESTED ANYTHING EVEN REMOTE TO THAT SO PLEASE DROP IT NOW

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home