Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how to depict the Stones in a movie?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 17, 2012 06:10

so there's a movie about the Exile era

we who care want this to be handled right. since its no documentary, how will this be recreated for a film?

Gonna show Keith laid up for hours, while others party down, or gonna show numerous frustrations with Keith, as experienced by the band? Or gonna factor in Jimmy Miller? Can this turn out well? Some who were there will have some say I hope...

Re: how to depict the Stones in a movie?
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 17, 2012 06:21

If this movie ever gets made it will probably be focused on all that Mick/Keith drama, and I can see Miller, the Johns brothers and even Wyman being faceless secondary characters with barely any lines.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 17, 2012 06:38

Except for the music itself, life at nellcote seems to have been excruciatingly boring. I can't imagine what sort of plot this could have. Here are some junkies making a record...zzzzz

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: May 17, 2012 08:19

I wonder if Mick will demand that he be portrayed as clean living and drug free?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2012 08:23

.....the bit with Bill spitin'the dummy cause he can't get English tea an custard will be classic ....

ROCKMAN

Re: just say no
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 17, 2012 08:26

films like this are almost always awful - the more one cares about the subject the worse they are.
and since they've gone out of their way to find a really bad book to base this one on,
the best solution is to throw the whole project out and make a documentary.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 17, 2012 16:03

This film maker had an interesting slant by using women to portray the Stones-

[www.haussite.net]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 17, 2012 18:32

throw the whole project out and make a documentary

or better yet... leave it all alone.

How about allow our imaginations to do what they do and allow Exile to be what it is... the more one peaks behind the curtain the less impressed one will probably become... but saddly no... if there is more money to be made..... then there will be squeezing.... squeezing every possible penny they can out of every photo, video clip, audio clip, story, opinion etc etc..... squeeze it hard... HARDER!!!! Theres got to be some more money in there ...OH LQQK!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!! HOW SURPRISING!!! Just what we need.... another freeking book.

Date: May 18, 2012 04:25

The whole movie will be everyone waiting for Keith to come back down stairs! You'll see the rear of Bill's car speed off over the closing credits!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 18, 2012 07:43

How to depict the Stones in a movie?

Hand puppets.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 18, 2012 15:29

Bad idea all the way around.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 18, 2012 16:58

The Stones entire career should be made into a 3 part movie - Peter Jackson should direct.

The Fellowship of the Band
The Two Glimmers
The Return of the King (Mick Taylor).... just kidding... smiling smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 18, 2012 17:28

with sssoul
films like this are almost always awful - the more one cares about the subject the worse they are.
and since they've gone out of their way to find a really bad book to base this one on,
the best solution is to throw the whole project out and make a documentary.

My thoughts exactly. It will end up like Almost Famous or such nonsense...I am shuddering at the fact Hollywood will be making it - why! They certainly don't have the best actors, just a pool of about 50 who they use for every blockbuster movie. So bad. Give it to a British film company, at least it will sound authentic rather than some californians trying to sound cockney FfS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home