Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards' spring onion story
Posted by: Miranda ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:13

Hi everybody

I just read the story in Life about Angela's wedding party and keith chasing a guy who had taken his spring onions. I am amazed keith would chase a guy during a wedding party of his daughter with a knife. For a joke with spring onions. Does Keith get agressive sometimes for nothing?? I love Keith, but this is not an acceptable behaviour, especially on his daughter's wedding...what are your thoughts about this?

Re: Keith Richards' spring onion story
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:20

'this is not acceptable behaviour' you do know this is Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones that you are remarking on Miranda? He's made a career out of doing things unacceptable!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:20

One of the many idiotic stories in Life. A millionaire hunting somebody with a knife because of onions. The story is not plausible and I will never understand why it is in the book. What would people say if Bill Gates would say that a man at a party in his house ate a piece of bread and Gates threatened the man with a gun?

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:34

One of several stories of Keith threatening people with knives. Doesn't really endear him to me, TBH.

Date: May 13, 2012 20:55

If they happened then why shouldn't he add them to his book, he won't give a shit about your sensitivities. I bet you think throwing a tv out of a hotel window is unacceptable, or spiking Bill Wyman with acid, or being horrid to poor old Brian...etc etc etc...it's the nature of the beast. If Mr Richard's had been a jolly old rock guitarist in the same vein as Mick Taylor it just wouldn't be the same - that outlaw element is what made the Stones what they are. To be honest if you read the spring onion story in it's context, it's all a little tongue in cheek and Keith wasn't really going to use the bleeding knife. Loosen up it was a laugh.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: May 13, 2012 21:00

crumbling_mice
If they happened then why shouldn't he add them to his book, he won't give a shit about your sensitivities.

True.

crumbling_mice
I bet you think throwing a tv out of a hotel window is unacceptable, or spiking Bill Wyman with acid, or being horrid to poor old Brian...etc etc etc..

False.

Actually, don't think I knew about the spiking. That's a @#$%&'s trick, too.

crumbling_mice
it's the nature of the beast.

False

crumbling_mice
If Mr Richard's had been a jolly old rock guitarist in the same vein as Mick Taylor it just wouldn't be the same - that outlaw element is what made the Stones what they are.

True

crumbling_mice
To be honest if you read the spring onion story in it's context, it's all a little tongue in cheek and Keith wasn't really going to use the bleeding knife

True

crumbling_mice
Loosen up it was a laugh.

I was thinking more of him threatening Billy Preston. See if you're laughing the next time someone's got a knife to your throat.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 13, 2012 21:16

Keith is officially a moron.

I don't care how well he plays guitar or how "well-read" he is.

He's a selfish dick and I don't think I would like him if he was in my circle.

I say this as someone who in his youth idolised Keith.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 13, 2012 21:35

He shot rounds from a gun at Freddy Sessler's feet, and Freddy got over it. You wouldn't like a single person walking the face of the earth if you knew them too well. Sh-t happens, roll on.

Date: May 13, 2012 21:51

Send It To me
He shot rounds from a gun at Freddy Sessler's feet, and Freddy got over it. You wouldn't like a single person walking the face of the earth if you knew them too well. Sh-t happens, roll on.

smileys with beer

Keith has never said he's a nice guy...but strangley, many other people have said it about him. He is what he is...you see more of Keith than the rest of the band. Consequently you see the bad and the good. Don't see many of the bill Wyman supporters discussing his 'relationship' with an underage girl !

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: May 13, 2012 23:51

CaledonianGonzo
crumbling_mice
If they happened then why shouldn't he add them to his book, he won't give a shit about your sensitivities.

True.

crumbling_mice
I bet you think throwing a tv out of a hotel window is unacceptable, or spiking Bill Wyman with acid, or being horrid to poor old Brian...etc etc etc..

False.

Actually, don't think I knew about the spiking. That's a @#$%&'s trick, too.

crumbling_mice
it's the nature of the beast.

False

crumbling_mice
If Mr Richard's had been a jolly old rock guitarist in the same vein as Mick Taylor it just wouldn't be the same - that outlaw element is what made the Stones what they are.

True

crumbling_mice
To be honest if you read the spring onion story in it's context, it's all a little tongue in cheek and Keith wasn't really going to use the bleeding knife

True

crumbling_mice
Loosen up it was a laugh.

I was thinking more of him threatening Billy Preston. See if you're laughing the next time someone's got a knife to your throat.

You've never had a knife at your throat..oh, how boring. get a life.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 14, 2012 00:24

GravityBoy
Keith is officially a moron.
I say this as someone who in his youth idolised Keith.

Congratulations. So now you've seen the light ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 14, 2012 00:27

-------------------

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 14, 2012 00:39

just read the story in Life about Angela's wedding party and keith chasing a guy who had taken his spring onions.

.....all i can say is all woulda been well if the guy had of left the onions and took the cheese...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: May 14, 2012 00:46

Thank God the guy didnt help himself to Keith's "herbs".

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 14, 2012 01:09

Steal the "onions"... get the blade.... makes sense... whats the problem?

Hell... you should hear the story (although he is too classy to ever write about it in a book) about the time that kid took Rolling Hansie's beers... sheeesh... that kid wished he was dealing with teddy bear Keith and his "onions".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-14 01:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 14, 2012 02:08

Quite right Max. I got back at him really bad

smileys with beer Cheers mate

-------------------

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2012 02:11

Rockman
just read the story in Life about Angela's wedding party and keith chasing a guy who had taken his spring onions.

.....all i can say is all woulda been well if the guy had of left the onions and took the cheese...

...as long as he didn't cut the cheese.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 14, 2012 02:12

Cheers Hans smileys with beer

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 04:52

The whole thing about him and his knives. I mean in reality is he going to stab someone? Cut someone with his knife? So why even have it? Strange, and in some ways an extension of his personality where he might find verbal confrontation hard so he takes on the tough guy persona with a weapon. That says a lot.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 14, 2012 05:00

whitem8
The whole thing about him and his knives. I mean in reality is he going to stab someone? Cut someone with his knife? So why even have it? Strange, and in some ways an extension of his personality where he might find verbal confrontation hard so he takes on the tough guy persona with a weapon. That says a lot.

Maybe it's a phallic thing. Maybe he's got problems with his todger, so he's got to have something which is long and hard and can deeply penetrate into another person.

Date: May 14, 2012 08:52

crumbling_mice
'this is not acceptable behaviour' you do know this is Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones that you are remarking on Miranda? He's made a career out of doing things unacceptable!

I know Crumbling mice!! But really, chasing someone with a knife? Out of the sudden on a party...

Date: May 14, 2012 08:55

Patti was pretty horrified...

Date: May 14, 2012 09:03

It's just that if I'd do that I'd get arrested.

Date: May 14, 2012 09:23

crumbling_mice

Hi crumbling Mice! I put the wrong word in it...unacceptable is the wrong word, even for me haha!! I just that it's interesting how Keith switches from happy to angry! And why he can get so agressive at times.I love Keith! But I have this terrible annoying neighbour and I wish I could do the same LOL!! Only trouble is no one would bail me out...LOL!! Does Keith have mood-swings? It's desease..

Date: May 14, 2012 11:04

Miranda...I'm sure the whole story is taken out of context...it was a party, it was a friend of the family, I imagine it was more of a joke by Keith to scare the kid rather than a serious attmpt to injure the guy. Keith likes knives and guns, a lot of people do, they are often beautifully crafted and very personal. I've always had a love of them but doesn't mean I, or anyone else , is likely to ever use them. Keith is a superstar, and maybe just feels a bit more secure by having them around. He and his family would be a very valuable target of kidnappers or nutcases. Hell, he lives in the USA where carrying a gun a far more acceptable than in the UK!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 14, 2012 12:11

Y'all got a slow memory or what?!?!

In his book he also states that the thing is to NEVER use the blade.

There is nothing wrong in Keef's world, there are about 699999999999999 people on this earth that are more stupid and less educated than him.

He ain't a moron.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 12:54

No one is saying he is a moron. But he comes across as one of those jacked up adolescents that bottles up their emotions and gets so frustrated and angry they forget how to talk and reason. Yet he is a road weary adult? A gypsy bohemian? Comes across more as a frustrated self indulgent boy/man living in a bit of denial. In the real world, like on Cass Corridor in Detroit, if he pulled the blade, no one would know who he was and pop a cap in his skinny white ass. Or in another reality, most probably like most folks here, he would be sitting in a cell facing aggravated assault with a deadly weapons charge.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 14, 2012 14:32

My brother was killed by someone with a knife.

There is nothing funny about knives.

Keith is a moron.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: May 14, 2012 15:21

Rolling Hansie
Quite right Max. I got back at him really bad

smileys with beer Cheers mate

don't see why they are so sad it is labatts blue a shit canadian beer, not worth cryin over...

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 14, 2012 16:12

Oh my god! Those bloody Rolling Stones . .

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home