Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones to play 100 Club, London, on Dec 1??
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 13, 2010 00:34

flairville
Sometimes one can only judge a shit hole by the turds that pass through it! I love the place.

I've passed through it many a time, so I er ..... "resemble" that remark !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 13, 2010 01:24

I've been shit - faced in the place. Does that count ? smileys with beer

sc uk

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 13, 2010 02:16

If I fly to London for Dec 1 and they don't show up......it will be HELL TO PAY!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 13, 2010 02:36

mickschix
If I fly to London for Dec 1 and they don't show up......it will be HELL TO PAY!

As they say, you pays your money and you takes your chance. I have a good feeling about this one. I reckon at least Ronnie will be there but something tells me Mick will show up with his blues harp.

Date: November 13, 2010 03:18

I see that Mick Taylor pulled out of collecting the Exile award because he is ill. I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't make this gig.sad smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 13, 2010 09:27

straycatuk
I see that Mick Taylor pulled out of collecting the Exile award because he is ill. I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't make this gig.sad smiley

sc uk

Well, if you are ill what else can you do than stay home....?
First of all, let's hope he gets better and stays fine. Then of course I really hope he will make it to the club soon.
And finally I hope (dream) that....okey, I won't say it again

Date: November 13, 2010 09:44

Harm
straycatuk

sc uk

First of all, let's hope he gets better and stays fine. Then of course I really hope he will make it to the club soon.

I agree 100% .I wasn't having a go at him, just think he must be having ongoing health issues.Hope it's not too serious.

sc uk

Date: November 13, 2010 09:53

straycatuk
Harm
straycatuk

sc uk

I agree 100% .I wasn't having a go at him, just think he must be having ongoing health issues.Hope it's not too serious.

sc uk

No problem, I was talking in general too...

Date: November 21, 2010 13:23

Nobody is dreaming about this anymore? smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 21, 2010 14:30

Mick Taylor still dreams about playing with Stones:

Over the years, you’ve stayed in touch with the Stones. You’ve shared stages with them. With their recent announcement that the upcoming tour is a farewell tour, has there been any talk about you joining them for any of the shows?

Not directly, no. I don’t even know whether they will do a tour, but it would be nice if they did. But I haven’t heard from their office or Mick or anybody directly about that.

I just know that when I play with them, all the stuff that I used to do in the past – even now – it’s just such an instinctive thing for me and I fit into that role quite easily. I mean, you know, there’s not too many people like Mick Jagger as a frontman, so I don’t get a chance to play that type of rock and roll very often. I really enjoy it, because it’s a different aspect of my playing. It brings out a different side to my playing.

Taken from: Interview with Mick Taylor from Gibson News

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2010 14:53

I mean, you know, there’s not too many people like Mick Jagger as a frontman, so I don’t get a chance to play that type of rock and roll very often. <MT>

Diplomatic remark .cool smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2010 15:26

Silver Dagger
The Pretty Things play the 100 Club on Fri Dec 17 - the last proper Friday before Christmas. What better reason than that to celebrate a great band, meet some fellow IORRers, sink a few jars and have a great time. I'm in too.

Tickets here: [www.rhythmgigs.com]

Bloody hell, this sounds tempting... it is a bit far from here Tampere, Finland but then again, Ryanair might solve few problems here, so why not? And I have never been in the 100 Club.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-21 15:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 21, 2010 15:28

Amsterdamned
I mean, you know, there’s not too many people like Mick Jagger as a frontman, so I don’t get a chance to play that type of rock and roll very often. <MT>

He was not asked to say anything nice about Mick J.
But compared to the ones he has worked with, Mick J. is the best frontman - the other ones are miles in behind.
And as I know - the two Mick's had a very good relationship in the 1969-1974 period.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2010 15:35

mtaylor
Amsterdamned

He was not asked to say anything nice about Mick J.
But compared to the ones he has worked with, Mick J. is the best frontman - the other ones are miles in behind.
And as I know - the two Mick's had a very good relationship in the 1969-1974 period.

I don't know that. My guess is that Taylor is perfectly aware about the fact who the Rolling Stones is over the last decades.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 21, 2010 15:45

Doxa
Silver Dagger
The Pretty Things play the 100 Club on Fri Dec 17 - the last proper Friday before Christmas. What better reason than that to celebrate a great band, meet some fellow IORRers, sink a few jars and have a great time. I'm in too.

Tickets here: [www.rhythmgigs.com]

Bloody hell, this sounds tempting... it is a bit far from here Tampere, Finland but then again, Ryanair might solve few problems here, so why not? And I have never been in the 100 Club.

- Doxa

Hope you make it Doxa. A beer with me, Paul, Beast and a few others awaits you. A meeting is long overdue. And even if the whole band don't show I have a strong feeling that we'll get 2-3 Stones/ex-Stones.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home