Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Michael Schenker - Got A Call From Stones
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 7, 2012 21:15

I was watching That Metal Show over the weekend and Michael Schenker was a guest UFO and Scropion fame). He said he got a call to audition for the stones when I guess Brian passed away. His comments were brief and he did not offer any real details. The host Eddie Truck asked him what famous bands asked him to join. Glad it never happended.

play the guitar boy

Re: Michael Schenker - Got A Call From Stones
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 7, 2012 21:18

Ha ha, I used to marvel at him when he was in UFO, he is a good guitarist but would definatly not have fitted in with the Stones. We should start a tally on all these guitarists who say they got a call...it could go into the hundreds!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 7, 2012 21:23

It is getting to the point that list should be "Which guitarist DID NOT get a call?" winking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 7, 2012 21:31

I don't think I got a call, although I remember the phone ringing one night in the mid seventies and my mum answered it (I was having a bath) who ever it was they hung up on her...thinking back, I bet it was Jagger! Damn, if it hadnt been a school night I'd have been down stairs...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 7, 2012 21:46

OpenG
I was watching That Metal Show over the weekend and Michael Schenker was a guest UFO and Scropion fame). He said he got a call to audition for the stones when I guess Brian passed away. His comments were brief and he did not offer any real details. The host Eddie Truck asked him what famous bands asked him to join. Glad it never happended.

Schenker was 14 when Brian died. His debut as a guitarist was in 1972, on a German Heavy Metal album.

As likely as Chet Atkins I guess.

Mathijs

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 7, 2012 21:55

When MT left would be my guess - he gave no details on show.

play the guitar boy

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 7, 2012 21:59

Love Michael Schenker. But no,he wouldn't fit in with the Stones.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 7, 2012 22:26

sweetcharmedlife
Love Michael Schenker. But no,he wouldn't fit in with the Stones.

I agree with that!

And as said above he was only 14 years old in 1969! It could happen in 1974/75 but not in 1969!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-07 22:27 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 7, 2012 22:41

It can now be revealed...I remember it well, I was 4 years old..when I got The Call! drinking smiley
Anyone else like to share?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 7, 2012 22:49

Schenker got a call when Taylor left. Since many people got a call I believe that it is possible. It would not have worked though.

Date: May 8, 2012 02:26

it was when MT left. schenker had just joined UFO and said he didn't want to jump to another band yet. also was asked in the late 70's to join aerosmith and the early 80's to join ozzy

Date: May 8, 2012 02:56

mickijaggeroo
It can now be revealed...I remember it well, I was 4 years old..when I got The Call! drinking smiley

I got the call when I was 7... and I wanted to do it and my Mom said it would be fine with her, but that I had to ask my Dad... soooooo I went and asked him... and he said that he would think about it and give me answer as soon as he finished his coffee and that I should go outside and play while he decided.... so I did.... and then.... sigh.... I had so much fun playing that I forgot all about it... and by the time I remembered...sigh.... Mick Taylor was hired.... and I have never liked coffee ever since.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 8, 2012 06:43

Max'sKansasCity
mickijaggeroo
It can now be revealed...I remember it well, I was 4 years old..when I got The Call!

I got the call when I was 7... and I wanted to do it and my Mom said it would be fine with her, but that I had to ask my Dad... soooooo I went and asked him... and he said that he would think about it and give me answer as soon as he finished his coffee and that I should go outside and play while he decided.... so I did.... and then.... sigh.... I had so much fun playing that I forgot all about it... and by the time I remembered...sigh.... Mick Taylor was hired.... and I have never liked coffee ever since.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Great stuff!

Date: May 8, 2012 13:13

spsimmons
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Great stuff!
grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home