Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Altamont controversy
Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: May 3, 2012 02:09

It seems that for years the bootleggers etc have been getting the location of Altamont wrong. It's not officially in Livermore like many seem to think. It's near, the actual location is:

Alameda County,
at 17001 Midway Road,
Tracy, CA 95376

Thought some of you may find this interesting:

dismal - Comes from French dies malae, "evil days," and first meant the 24 evil or unlucky days of the medieval calendar (two per month).

Altamont Speedway opened on 22nd July 1966 which is a "dies mala" the 7th December is another "dies mala" the day after Altamont! Spooky huh?

I do realise this next bit is just all a massive coincidence I'm not another David Icke in the making! I just thought I'd share this as a bit of fun.
The 22nd July happens to be my birthday and I have a friend born on the 22nd December which is another "dies mala" and we're both called Dan.
I was born 11 years after (to the day) that Altamont Speedway opened and 11 is half of 22!

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 22:15 by Nasty Habits.

Re: Altamont controversy
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 3, 2012 03:11

Nasty Habits
It seems that for years the bootleggers etc have been getting the location of Altamont wrong. It's not officially in Livermore like many seem to think. It's near, the actual location is:

Alameda County,
at 17001 Midway Road,
Tracy, CA 95376

Thought some of you may find this interesting:

dismal - Comes from French dies mali, "evil days," and first meant the 24 evil or unlucky days of the medieval calendar (two per month).

Altamont Speedway opened on 22nd July 1966 which is a "dies mali" the 7th December is another "dies mali" the day after Altamont! Spooky huh?

I do realise this next bit is just all a massive coincidence I'm not another David Icke in the making! I just thought I'd share this as a bit of fun.
The 22nd July happens to be my birthday and I have a friend born on the 22nd December which is another "dies mali" and we're both called Dan.
I was born 11 years after (to the day) that Altamont Speedway opened and 11 is half of 22!

Dies mali is bad Latin, doesn't come from French. It has to be dies malae (bad days). One bad day is then dies mala.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 06:27

A few years ago when driving from San Francisco, east on the 580, I turned right(south) where the 580 splits into the 580 and the 205 (I stayed on the 580, that eventually becomes the Interstate 5) and just after the split, when the 580 was curving right, I looked to my right, and for a few seconds, pretty close up, I saw the Altamont Speedway. It goes by fast. Which is why I hadn't seen it before, despite having taken that route a number of times prior, when I must have been looking straight instead of right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 06:35 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 3, 2012 13:06

Never knew this was a "controversy."

Here's more info: [www.racefan.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 3, 2012 13:54

So what is the controversy?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 3, 2012 17:03

It was a scandal and scared the shit out of Mick.

Date: May 3, 2012 17:04

It's the same as the NY Giants and Jets being called New York but really they're in New Jersey.

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: May 3, 2012 21:14

I live about 15 minutes from Altamont. There's really nothing to see. It is so strange to think about what went down there all those years ago.

If only they had played the concert in Golden Gate Park!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 3, 2012 22:11

confused smiley

Date: May 3, 2012 22:18

Edith Grove

Only controversial in the fact I was expecting someone to say that I've got it wrong and it's in Livermore.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 4, 2012 01:09

Maybe if the dates matched. Otherwise eh.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:12

Edith Grove

Where's the facebook like button when you need it?

CBII

Date: May 5, 2012 01:55

MingSubu
Maybe if the dates matched. Otherwise eh.

The fact Altamont first opened on the 22nd July and things ended in disaster is strange enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home