Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Jagger responds to "Life" - FACT OR FICTION??
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 5, 2010 20:37

Maybe punkfloyd will send your comment to Reuters Gazza so he can fix this problem smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 5, 2010 20:56

jagger does not speak like this .give the devil his due , it aint this that's for sure.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:00

Is there absolutely nobody who's gonna say: "ITS'S JAGGER MAN!"? How exciting would thát be!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:11

IT'S JAGGER, MAN! - He wants to start a media rumour that will give Keith's Swiss blood-changes, palm-trees and ashes-snorting a run for their money....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:12

Here's my take:

For one, Mick couldn't and wouldn't be bothered to write such crap.

Second, it sounds NOTHING like Mick in terms of the use of language yet alone the trashing of songs, etc. It's just not Mick, it's someone just putting their spin on it in a quasi-mock retort to Keith's book.

Which would be a funny thing to do - if it was funny. But it's not funny. At all.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:17

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:53

It *is* an interesting read. It probably reflects some of his views too.

But, it's fiction, for all the reasons people give above,
and...if Mick was going to write this much, he
would write his own autobiography, in his own voice this time.

He's started one and given it up.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:53

It's from slate.com, and written by Bill Wyman - [www.slate.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-05 21:54 by Koen.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 5, 2010 23:18

He used to write for The Reader in Chicago. Dunno is he still does.

I wouldn't say it reflects any of Jagger's views actually. Not even close.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 5, 2010 23:20

Wow. A really great read but no way this is from MJ. He would NEVER be so honest about the band, the business, Keith, and of course, himself.

No way would he ever he so self-depreciating as to refer to songs on the Some Girls album as "sucked" Would he really ever use that term? Come on now...

And to basically say everything written after Sticky Fingers is no good?! And to say that since Tattoo You, he has been out of ideas?!

Good read for sure, but no real educated Stones fan can believe this came from Jagger. Man, sure would be quite big news if he did. Just not his style to speak out on such personal matters.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: November 5, 2010 23:27

When I started to suspect it was not Mick a couple of sentences in, I then scrolled down and saw how long it is.. No way

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: November 5, 2010 23:49

Fun to read but just another urban legend.

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 5, 2010 23:56

Not a chance it is Mick, no way. It beame apparent after a few sentences, as anyone who has ever heard him knows this is not his style. And, like lettingitbleed said, when I got to the word "suck", it became laughable. He just doesn't talk like this.

Whoever you are who made this crap up, you have a wild imagination but you "suck" as a writer. Not in the least bit convincing.

Date: November 6, 2010 00:08

Green Lady
IT'S JAGGER, MAN! - He wants to start a media rumour that will give Keith's Swiss blood-changes, palm-trees and ashes-snorting a run for their money....

So you changed your mind... Mmm. Why don't I believe that?

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 00:36

If you edited this down by about 30%...taking out the unlikely sentences,paragraphs etc...you'd have a damn good essay...

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: November 6, 2010 00:40

D'oh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-11 06:17 by bustedtrousers.

Date: November 6, 2010 00:49

bustedtrousers
Jiminy-F-uckin'-Christmas people, if you'll just click on the link to Slate magazine in the original post, you'll see the article's sub-heading (which PunkFloyd so cleverly and subversively left out):

Imagine if Mick Jagger responded to Keith Richards about his new autobiography.

Gazza is right, there is one born every minute, and most of them end up here.

I think they have added that later...after complaints from their own readers that the piece was not labeled strongly enough as a satire, especially for people not familiar with them doing those kinds of pieces.

Date: November 6, 2010 00:57

angee
bustedtrousers
Jiminy-F-uckin'-Christmas people, if you'll just click on the link to Slate magazine in the original post, you'll see the article's sub-heading (which PunkFloyd so cleverly and subversively left out):

I think they have added that later...after complaints from their own readers that the piece was not labeled strongly enough as a satire, especially for people not familiar with them doing those kinds of pieces.

Yes they did, because I read it earlier and then it wasn't already there.

So we're not that stupid, Busted.

BTW: Hey, what's the matter man? Aaah aaah aaah aaah aaah aaah aaah etc.

Date: November 6, 2010 01:32

kleer, right, I read it earlier too, didn't think I saw the "imagine". smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-06 01:33 by angee.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 6, 2010 02:12

Didn't see this 'til now, so I already know it's fake before reading it ... still it's funny how many people here were so sure it wasn't Mick based on length of the letter, writing style, etc. People know Mick so well! I don't think I would have known it for sure.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 6, 2010 02:15

I think it's quite good and although Mick might not say that some of their material is crap, I think the writer nailed the dynamic in the band and all of the ways that Keith was " insufferable". I can imagine Mick feels exactly like stated in that " reply", especially about how much FUN it was to be on the road with Keith and Ron. I'm sure Mick was the only sane one, along with Charlie, for a long time. I really wish Mick would come forth with a reply and I think it would sound a bit like this one!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 6, 2010 03:00

DaveG
Not a chance it is Mick, no way. It beame apparent after a few sentences, as anyone who has ever heard him knows this is not his style. And, like lettingitbleed said, when I got to the word "suck", it became laughable. He just doesn't talk like this.

Whoever you are who made this crap up, you have a wild imagination but you "suck" as a writer. Not in the least bit convincing.

Not to mention the fact that no one who grew up in the UK would use the term 'grade school' about their education.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: November 6, 2010 08:45

kleermaker
angee
bustedtrousers

Yes they did, because I read it earlier and then it wasn't already there.

So we're not that stupid, Busted.

BTW: Hey, what's the matter man? Aaah aaah aaah aaah aaah aaah aaah etc.

Sorry. My Bad.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 6, 2010 09:18

How weird is it to have the journalist that wrote this be named "Bill Wyman"?

Posted by: mockingbird3 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 09:37

A real good piece of criticism. Creative emtertainig and more than a little insightful. Goodness of course that's not Mick. Tho I imagine Mick has read it and gotten some satisfaction that the critics and fans can finally see a bit of the crap he's been through carrying a two year old with a personality disorder for 35 years. Real funny with the dry humor too: best not to have both guitarists stumbling about and passing out on stage at the same time. And hahaha Keith GUARANTEEING that Ron would not smoke coke THIS tour etc...Very inciseful creative piece of writing. !

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 6, 2010 14:58

Mick is just laughing at all the stupidity - both in Keith's book and all these pseudo comments.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 6, 2010 15:06

Gazza
For goodness sake, read the comments section in the article. Wyman (the journalist) admits himself it's his own words, not Jagger's.

And as seems to be the case on a daily basis regarding the reaction to Keith's book, a work of fiction is now being widely reported all over the internet as Jagger's official 'reaction' to it.

One born every minute.

Thanks to the internet, there's one born every nanosecond.

Meanwhile, don't you think it was a brilliant critique of the book, and - arguably - of the man (Keith) himself? I believe that was the whole point of the piece.

I love the justification for the megatours too. Taken at face value, I think that makes complete and utter sense.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 6, 2010 16:00

A very lucid, beautifully written article, by someone with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Stones and their music.

I take issue with him when he says that nothing of value has been produced since the 80s. I find much to love in SW, VL and B to B, as well as the solo material.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: November 6, 2010 16:03

I'm rather pissed at whoever first posted this.
Like an idiot, I started reading the article.
Then I went back to origin of the article which states:
Please Allow Me To Correct a Few Things

I think is was very misleading to not have posted this first.

I hope I won't make the same mistake again

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 6, 2010 16:08

Bliss
A very lucid, beautifully written article, by someone with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Stones and their music.

I take issue with him when he says that nothing of value has been produced since the 80s. I find much to love in SW, VL and B to B, as well as the solo material.

You and I are in complete agreement. The piece prompted me to listen to How Can I Stop? again.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home