Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chris Jagger at Maysles Institute in NYC, November 8
Posted by: Stonernyc ()
Date: November 5, 2010 02:45

Chris Jagger is going to be at Maysles Institute on Monday, November 8 at 7:30 in NYC to show his film "I Got the Blues in Austin." Suggested
donation is $10. Albert Maysles will be there too. A description of the film below. I will be there. Hope to see you there! There is a clip of the film here:
[www.mayslesinstitute.org]

I Got the Blues in Austin
Dir. Richard Jernigan and Ellen Spiro, 2010, 40 mins.
I Got the Blues in Austin, with Chris Jagger and John Peyton, is a spin-off of their nationally syndicated radio show The Blueseum of Fine Art. Chris and John take 93 year old blues legend and Muddy Waters' pianist Pinetop Perkins to see the Rolling Stones and brother Mick Jagger backstage at the Stones show at Zilker Park in Austin where they reveal stories from the heydays of Chicago blues. Stones' keyboardist and music director, Chuck Leavell and Pinetop jam backstage. Long time Howlin Wolf guitarist, Hubert Sumlin remembers playing with the Stones at Madison Square Garden on Let It Bleed. Miss Lavelle White sings the first song she ever learned. Young guitarist virtuoso Lucas Martin plays Freddie King. Tommy Shannon and Chris Layton of Double Trouble recount the tragic day their front man Stevie Ray Vaughan died and blues aficionados Derek O'Brien and Susan Antone help pave the way.

AFTER THE SCREENING: Q&A with Chris Jagger, John Peyton and John Paul DeJoria.
Plus: Music set with surprise musical guests!
Reception sponsored by Sugar Hill Ale

Re: Chris Jagger at Maysles Institute in NYC, November 8
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: November 8, 2010 22:12

Thanks for this...just picked up a ticket

Re: Chris Jagger at Maysles Institute in NYC, November 8
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 8, 2010 22:38

I'd like to see that one. Mr. Perkins came to my dad's show at the Paramount Theatre in Austin back in 2006? Really cool guy. I was hoping he would sit in with us. A walking piece of history he is.

CBII

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home