Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Let's Talk WORST Lines from a STONES or solo stones song...AKA your chance to beat up on a stone without recourse.
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2012 03:29

OK, we all love them. That doesn't mean we have to like everything they do...in fact, I think we can even allow ourselves to have a little fun in picking apart some 'bad' examples of the lyrics, without fear of reprisal.

SO, to get the ball rolling,

Mick Jagger, 1987, "Let's Work"

The offending line:

"You're sittin' down on your butt
And you get greedy
You start to lose your nuts
Don't you look seedy"

I defy you to find worse lyrics in the Stones or solo Stones canon!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-06 03:57 by treaclefingers.

Re: Let's Talk WORST Lines from a STONES or solo stones song...AKA your chance to beat up on a stone without recourse.
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 6, 2012 04:48

Keith (on Ronnie's album)

"Sure The One You Need," 1974

"You may think... that you know... wear it's at.

But I have seen you..... wearing her top hat."

Re: Let's Talk WORST Lines from a STONES or solo stones song...AKA your chance to beat up on a stone without recourse.
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 6, 2012 05:02

Keith .... It's a struggle between love and hate....zzzzzz.

Date: April 6, 2012 05:19

Cant be seen

I just can't be seen with you
Although it hurts me to say
Yeah it was just a dream with you
Yeah because you're married anyway

This and sad sad sad might be the worse stones songs ever, maybe back to zero and wanna hold u come in second place

Date: April 6, 2012 05:33

Eileen, won't you lean on me

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 6, 2012 05:48

treaclefingers

Sharks Will Cry

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 6, 2012 05:57

INDIAN GIRL.

Date: April 6, 2012 06:12

flacnvinyl
INDIAN GIRL.

I insist you quote an actual lyric, unless you're saying the title is the offending quote!

Date: April 6, 2012 06:12

GOO
Eileen, won't you lean on me

Yes, that was pure laziness.

Date: April 6, 2012 06:13

I must admit I was awful bad.

Date: April 6, 2012 06:18

2005 - This Place Is Empty:

the offending lyric -
"Come on, bare your breasts
And make me feel at home"

This could be the all time line that spoiled an otherwise great song.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 6, 2012 08:45

From Sweet Neo Con:

"It's getting very scary
Yes, I'm frightened out of my wits
There's bombers in my bedroom
Yeah and it's giving me the shits"

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 6, 2012 09:42

Hairball
From Sweet Neo Con:

"It's getting very scary

All time low...

what's the one where Mick wants to "fvck your sweet ass"?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 6, 2012 09:56

71Tele
Hairball
From Sweet Neo Con:

"It's getting very scary

All time low...

what's the one where Mick wants to "fvck your sweet ass"?

That's Sparks Will Fly. I like that one, Ronnie on B-bender Tele.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 10:07

A bit precious here—and a smidgen OT—but in ROUTE 66 Mick sings "Barstow" as though it rhymes with "Moscow", when in fact it rhymes with "car show."

Mick is actually to be forgiven because the Stones were obviously inspired by Chuck Berry's rendition of the song, and Berry also incorrectly rhymes "Barstow" with "Moscow."

But Berry is to be faulted, because he's a big Nat King Cole fan, and was almost certainly inspired by Nat King Cole's version of ROUTE 66. And Cole pronounces "Barstow" correctly. So why didn't Berry double-check Cole's pronunciation and get it right?

As a Californian who has driven through Barstow a number of times and has made sure to be playing the Stones' ROUTE 66 when doing so, it grates when Mick is mispronouncing the town when I'm driving through it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-06 10:11 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 6, 2012 10:48

Title5Take1
A bit precious here—and a smidgen OT—but in ROUTE 66 Mick sings "Barstow" as though it rhymes with "Moscow", when in fact it rhymes with "car show."

Mick is actually to be forgiven because the Stones were obviously inspired by Chuck Berry's rendition of the song, and Berry also incorrectly rhymes "Barstow" with "Moscow."

But Berry is to be faulted, because he's a big Nat King Cole fan, and was almost certainly inspired by Nat King Cole's version of ROUTE 66. And Cole pronounces "Barstow" correctly. So why didn't Berry double-check Cole's pronunciation and get it right?

As a Californian who has driven through Barstow a number of times and has made sure to be playing the Stones' ROUTE 66 when doing so, it grates when Mick is mispronouncing the town when I'm driving through it!

Having a listen: Nat King Cole has Barstow right, Chuck Berry has it wrong. None of the Stones, remember, had ever heard of the place when they learned the song.

And by the way, how you pronounce Moscow depends on which side of the pond you come from. "Moss-cow" is pure USA - over here it's "Mosco".

Worst lyrics? I'll go for the bit in Oh No Not You Again:

The moon is yellow: I'm like jello
Staring at your tits...

Once upon a time Stones lyrics used to be creatively dirty: now too often they're just crass and vulgar.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: April 6, 2012 10:51

Stealing my heart, the entire song

Date: April 6, 2012 11:27

Royal Purple the sails
So sweetly perfumed
And poor Mark Anthony's senses were drowned

The poor Prince of Wales
He gave up his crown- Blinded by Love

"Go ahead, throw down" - Back to Zero

"When her father finds out his virgin daughter has bordello dreams, and he's the one she wants to try out" (or something like that) - Family

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 6, 2012 11:40

I put my daughter on my knee and she whispers "daddy what's wrong".

Yuk.

Date: April 6, 2012 19:01

Winning Ugly, 1986:

The offending line -

"Look out for number one
My country right or wrong
Let the devil take the hindmost
I was brought up to cheat
So long as the referee wasn't looking
I'm never wrong at all
I always fight the call
I don't admit it"

Where to start...what a disaster.

Date: April 6, 2012 19:03

GravityBoy
I put my daughter on my knee and she whispers "daddy what's wrong".

Yuk.

yes, it has that 'creep factor' that I commented on in 'This Place Is Empty'.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:16

Green Lady
Title5Take1

Having a listen: Nat King Cole has Barstow right, Chuck Berry has it wrong. None of the Stones, remember, had ever heard of the place when they learned the song.

And by the way, how you pronounce Moscow depends on which side of the pond you come from. "Moss-cow" is pure USA - over here it's "Mosco".

Okay, I'll give a different example: that Mick's incorrect pronunciation is "Barstow" rhyming with "allow." (I did initially debate using "Moscow," because when I was in the actual Moscow a few years ago the Russians themsevles pronounced it "mahs-KVAH". Maybe I'll record a new version of ROUTE 66 and sing, "Kingman, bar-STVAH, San Bernardino..." )

ANYWAY, the reason I used "Moscow" is I figure Chuck Berry worked from a printed lyric sheet in the studio, and the American pronunciation of "Moscow" came to mind when he saw read "Barstow."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-06 20:08 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 6, 2012 19:19

I even got a little shaving kit

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 21:09

"But the bitch keep bitching"

"She's my little rock & roll
Her tits and ass with soul, baby"

One of the worst lyrics ever.

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 21:17

Mine also comes from "Flip the Switch"

"I've got the turkey and the stuffing, too. I even saved a little bit for you."

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 6, 2012 21:58

LeonidP
treaclefingers

Sharks Will Cry

+1
Cringe worthy

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 6, 2012 22:04

This thread could be twisted in so many ways - I mean there are GREAT bad lyrics, and just bad, not so great lyrics, and lyrics that stretch rhyming conventions.

Sometimes I'm sexy and move like a stud...shortly after "just ate a horsemeat pie" Bitch. BTW - I love the song.

Another song I love that has "off" lyrics...
Monkey Man...
I'm a cold italian pizza
I could use a lemon squeezer
HUH?
smoking smiley

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 22:30

The lyrics for 'Brand New Car' are the absolute worst set of lyrics they have ever put together. Really, the only song that makes me cringe...

Jack her up baby, go on, open the hood
I want to check if her oil smells good
Mmmm...smells like caviar

Whaaaaat!?

Or maybe...

Touch her on the seat
Go on, feel the fur

Complete lyrics...could have been written by a 12 year old...

I got a brand new car
And I like to drive real hard
I got a brand new car
And I'm feeling good so far

Take her on the highway for a little spin
I want to see the kind of shape she's in
And I got a brand new star

Give her some stick
Push her too far
Right to the brink

Hear the motor running
Yeah, she's right in sink
[ From: [www.metrolyrics.com] ]

Tell me if she's thirsty
Would she like a drink
And I'm stopping at this bar

Slinky like a panther
You can hear her purr
Touch her on the seat
Go on, feel the fur

Feel the juice
Foot to the floor
Take some abuse

I got a brand new car
And I drive her in the dark
And I got a brand new car
I think I'll stop and park

Read more: ROLLING STONES - BRAND NEW CAR LYRICS [www.metrolyrics.com]
Copied from MetroLyrics.com

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 6, 2012 22:40

Come on, bare your breasts
And make me feel at home

You first, creepy old priate man. Gross.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 6, 2012 22:46

palerider22
The lyrics for 'Brand New Car' are the absolute worst set of lyrics they have ever put together. Really, the only song that makes me cringe...

Whaaaaat!?

Or maybe...

Touch her on the seat
Go on, feel the fur

Complete lyrics...could have been written by a 12 year old...

I got a brand new car
And I like to drive real hard
I got a brand new car
And I'm feeling good so far

Take her on the highway for a little spin
I want to see the kind of shape she's in

Give her some stick
Push her too far
Right to the brink

Hear the motor running
Yeah, she's right in sink
[ From: [www.metrolyrics.com] ]

Tell me if she's thirsty
Would she like a drink
And I'm stopping at this bar

Slinky like a panther
You can hear her purr
Touch her on the seat
Go on, feel the fur

Feel the juice
Foot to the floor
Take some abuse

I got a brand new car
And I drive her in the dark
And I got a brand new car
I think I'll stop and park

Read more: ROLLING STONES - BRAND NEW CAR LYRICS [www.metrolyrics.com]
Copied from MetroLyrics.com

I love these lyrics - sexy fun. tongue sticking out smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home