Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 8.7 Earthquake Near Sumatra
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 11, 2012 13:02

Tsunami warning issued for the region.

Watch out whitem8 and anyone else down there.

Re: OT: 8.7 Earthquake Near Sumatra
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 11, 2012 13:05

Thanks Edith! I just got the news as well. We didn't feel anything in Jakarta, but I am very nervous for Sri Lanka and all my friends there. I just got back a week ago from the beach in Lanka, and I was in the tsunami of 2004 and this stuff always brings back painful memories.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 11, 2012 14:43

I heard it was not as dangerous as 2004. It means that water should not submerge the land

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 11, 2012 15:32

whitem8
Thanks Edith! I just got the news as well. We didn't feel anything in Jakarta, but I am very nervous for Sri Lanka and all my friends there. I just got back a week ago from the beach in Lanka, and I was in the tsunami of 2004 and this stuff always brings back painful memories.

Hi white,

I was in Kalutara on the south west coast a few years ago and the devastation was still there to see. It must have been terrifying to be there as the tsunami hit.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 11, 2012 17:03

Yeah, I was in Bentota, and then assisted a relief effort in Galle the day after, and it was the most horrific thing I have ever seen. I lost a few friends as well. My Sinhalese teacher and son, and a buddy on the East Coast. That is cool you have been there, and to Kalutra, I worked in Kalutra for a few months in the early 90s. Some nice beaches there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2186
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home