Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Paul McCartney Says He Can Imagine Performing Well Into His 80's!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 9, 2012 00:36

New Rolling Stone magazine interview. He is on the cover.

Re: OT: Paul McCartney Says He Can Imagine Performing Well Into His 80's!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2012 03:02

stonescrow

I can imagine him playing well into his 80s as well. A large part of his catalogue would sound very convincing coming from an older performer.

His new album for instance (though mostly covers) is a perfect vehicle for a septuagenarian.

Date: March 9, 2012 03:14

treaclefingers
stonescrow

I can imagine him playing well into his 80s as well. A large part of his catalogue would sound very convincing coming from an older performer.

His new album for instance (though mostly covers) is a perfect vehicle for a septuagenarian.

Apparently he is currently recording a new rock 'n roll album. Not quite done with rock 'n roll just yet. I look forward to anything he does from here on in.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2012 05:25

stonescrow
treaclefingers
stonescrow

Apparently he is currently recording a new rock 'n roll album. Not quite done with rock 'n roll just yet. I look forward to anything he does from here on in.

rock on!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 9, 2012 09:16

Pianist Eubie Blake was just weeks shy of his 98th birthday when he performed at Carnegie Hall so the future is your's Macca...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 9, 2012 09:24

Since he is one of the very very best live acts nowadays, when he is 70, it is easy to believe. I wish him the best, strong helth most of all and I hope to see him again soon!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 9, 2012 10:41

Hold your horses! He isn't 70 yet! But yeah, he still continues to put out an amazing show. And we are blessed to still have his passion shine for his fans. I hope to see him again this summer on another one of his mini tours. . .

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 9, 2012 11:44

Wonderful stuff...

He indeed is an incredible live act, putting on a long, emotional, rocking show. He's turning 70 in three months and still keeping real busy. A smattering of european dates starting at the end of this month including one at the Royal Albert Hall, a new album in the works.

It's great that he's still out there doing it, long may it continue!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: March 9, 2012 12:07

He'll go the route as a crooner as his last record hinted at.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 10, 2012 00:52

I can imagine him performing well into his 80s, but I'm not sure I can imagine myself paying to see him when he's well into his 80s.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 10, 2012 01:21

I too hope that McCartney continues to play (very) well.....into his 80's or beyond.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: March 10, 2012 01:24

What a ghastly thought!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 10, 2012 01:27

Great setlists too.

But the cynical person might see a lot of alimony and lost song rights royalities along with an expensive lifestyle forcing him to work into his 80's.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 10, 2012 01:30

The Sicilian
Great setlists too.

But the cynical person might see a lot of alimony and lost song rights royalities along with an expensive lifestyle forcing him to work into his 80's.

Yup, for legal reasons, he is already limited in how many shows he can do in the U.S each year.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 10, 2012 01:34

Well, McCartney has been a nostalgia act for over 40 years now so why not go for 50? The demand for Beatles nostalgia is never withering it seems.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: March 10, 2012 03:53

"Paul McCartney, do you see yourself performing well into your 80s?"

"What do you mean, sexually?"

"Well, sure, that too!"

"As long as I'm satisfied."

"Are you satisfied with your performances now?"

"Do you mean sexually? Yes, I suppose I'm sexually satisfied now."

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 10, 2012 05:11

mickscarey
What a ghastly thought!
You hate the Beatles so much but I bet if you look in every Beatles and Beatles-related thread on here since day one, you'd be in the lead for most posts.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 10, 2012 06:22

that is good old meekscary done deal himself. You Know My Name, look up the number...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 10, 2012 06:34

GumbootCloggeroo
mickscarey
What a ghastly thought!
You hate the Beatles so much but I bet if you look in every Beatles and Beatles-related thread on here since day one, you'd be in the lead for most posts.

I present for your enjoyment, The Complete Works Of mickscarey. They're all here, all of his greatest posts, including "who cares," "Zzzzzzzzzzzz," and, of course, "DONE DEAL."

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-10 06:36 by tatters.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 10, 2012 11:19

he could perform, for sure, but he has to change the keys to many songs

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 10, 2012 11:32

treaclefingers
stonescrow

Some people can; some can't. Guess it depends on health and how the body and voice hold up. Dylan has kept going up to 70, but his voice is pretty shot. Others have done it. Some can't. Only time will tell.

Date: March 10, 2012 20:10

mickscarey
What a ghastly thought!

You have lots of time to come to grips with it. Maybe Mick and him will hook up since they will both still be performing in their eighties?

Date: March 11, 2012 19:22

Come On
Pianist Eubie Blake was just weeks shy of his 98th birthday when he performed at Carnegie Hall so the future is your's Macca...

Life begins at seventy, for some anyway.

Date: March 11, 2012 19:25

whitem8
Hold your horses! He isn't 70 yet! But yeah, he still continues to put out an amazing show. And we are blessed to still have his passion shine for his fans. I hope to see him again this summer on another one of his mini tours. . .

Going to be fun watching both him and his son James over the next ten years or so. I have a feeling his son will be in it for the long haul too. If it's in the bones, it's in the bones, sometimes anyway.

Date: March 11, 2012 19:34

Happy24
Since he is one of the very very best live acts nowadays, when he is 70, it is easy to believe. I wish him the best, strong helth most of all and I hope to see him again soon!

He has no plans to step aside for the younger bands, says they will have to beat him. His manager wanted him to quit at fifty. Said, he would embarrass himself to go beyond that age. Amazing how so many others want to put restrictions on your dreams and aspirations. Always nice to see them proven wrong.

Date: March 11, 2012 19:38

Mr Jimmy
Wonderful stuff...

He indeed is an incredible live act, putting on a long, emotional, rocking show. He's turning 70 in three months and still keeping real busy. A smattering of european dates starting at the end of this month including one at the Royal Albert Hall, a new album in the works.

It's great that he's still out there doing it, long may it continue!

Yes, do what you love and you shall always be happy. Stay healthy, and be a little lucky and you can go a long way in some professions. I look forward to both the latter years of the Stones and what remains of the Beatles. Ringo's latest was not bad at all.

Date: March 11, 2012 19:44

Stoneage
Well, McCartney has been a nostalgia act for over 40 years now so why not go for 50? The demand for Beatles nostalgia is never withering it seems.

The demand for Beatles nostalgia is never withering. Just never goes away does it? Never will, not in our lifetime anyway. The possibilities are unlimited.

Date: March 11, 2012 19:49

GumbootCloggeroo
mickscarey
What a ghastly thought!

Mickscarey quakes in his boots whenever anything associated with the Beatles is mentioned. Glad I don't have that problem. I love them both.

Date: March 11, 2012 19:59

stonesdan60
treaclefingers
stonescrow

Some people can; some can't. Guess it depends on health and how the body and voice hold up. Dylan has kept going up to 70, but his voice is pretty shot. Others have done it. Some can't. Only time will tell.

Amazing how youthful he still looks at nearly 70. Good genes can go along way, but just as important is outlook. Paul knows exactly who he is and how important he is to so many. He knows he was gifted and respects his gift and the higher power that gifted him.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 11, 2012 23:59

Wellput StonesCrow.

And I can imagine listening to Paul in my 80s. Specially if he's rockin'

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home