Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Skis
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 17:32

I now snowboard but if it didn't ....

[k2skis.com]

Re: Rolling Stones Skis
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 29, 2011 17:50

just great! Will buy a pair.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 29, 2011 17:59

Does this mean it is all down hill from here?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 18:02

The company probably has a bunch of orthopedic surgeons as its primary investment group .

Date: September 29, 2011 18:43

Skis Snow Cold....

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 29, 2011 18:45

Well at least we know what to expect for next year with no tour. Time to crank out the moichendizing!!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 29, 2011 18:56

Those are SWEET!

I haven't bought a pair of skis in close to 50 years!
Time for an upgrade...

Winter, anyone?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 29, 2011 19:10

It might sound stupid but I would LOVE to get one pair ,although I think these kind of skis would look absolutely ridiculous on me since I've lost so much of my skillfulness compared to what I was capable to do when I was young(er)sad smiley

Feel like you can't get no "Satisfaction" until ski season? Are you feeling "Shattered" with your skiing "Love in Vain"? Well, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" but K2 and The Rolling Stones are giving you what you need—The K2 Rolling Stones Limited Edition Ski Collection.

2012 will mark the 50th anniversary of both K2 and the Rolling Stones. In honor of the shared milestone, K2 will be releasing four pairs of skis throughout the season with Stones-inspired graphics gracing the top sheets and bases. The artwork will include original concert set lists, lyrics and rare photography of the band.

“Turning 50 alongside the Rolling Stones and collaborating with the band on a project to celebrate the same anniversary is a fitting way to start a very loud and fun party for K2 that will span 2012," K2 VP of Global Marketing Jeff Mechura said.

The first pair from the collection will be available on the versatile K2 SideShow chassis beginning Nov. 15 at authorized K2 dealers. So, let the party begin for K2... and for Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, well, keep on partying.
[www.onthesnow.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 29, 2011 19:38

Really?

I wonder if this is due to the fact that the Stones lost the title of biggest tour in history. Maybe Mick's going to try and out do Gene Simmons/Kiss for the title of Most Officialy Liscensed Merchandise.

Not to hijack the thread but, what item, if they were to create it, would cause you to say the Stones had finally "jumped the shark" in their merchandising? I'd say the skis are close but Keith's got a history...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 29, 2011 19:51

Those skis are awesome. K2 makes some of the best skis in the business and if I can manage to break my Rossi's this winter, these are for me. Very cool. I wonder if they were inspired by Keith's quote in Life where he said " I even got skiing together when I was a junkie" . lol I can assume that feeling no pain would indeed help on the ski hill, lord knows I've felt enough pain up there. They better hit the snowboard market too to keep the youngin's hyped on the whole Rolling Stones adventure.

When you are sitting on a chair lift you spend alot of time staring at your skis so I think these might improve that whole experience somewhat. sountrack - Can't you hear me Knockin"- LOUD. peace.

Date: September 29, 2011 20:29

mr_dja
Not to hijack the thread but, what item, if they were to create it, would cause you to say the Stones had finally "jumped the shark" in their merchandising? I'd say the skis are close but Keith's got a history...

Sounds like a good idea for a new thread. grinning smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 29, 2011 23:34

Maybe they should write "PLEASE STEAL ME" on the skis as opposed to that cool (VERY VERY COOL) logo... anybody ever have their skis stolen?

Isnt this kind of like yves saint laurent suitcases, where they will steal (lose it) just for the the luggage itself, not even caring what is inside.

MAN!!!! THOSE ARE COOL!!!!... TOO COOL to not get stolen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 23:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 29, 2011 23:42

I don't know if it matters, but do any of the stones even ski?

Date: September 30, 2011 00:05

treaclefingers

Didn't Keith talk about a skiing trip in Life?

Date: September 30, 2011 01:02

treaclefingers

Snow skiing takes some leg muscles, and from some of the pictures we see, I am doubting it.

Date: September 30, 2011 01:53

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Snow skiing takes some leg muscles, and from some of the pictures we see, I am doubting it.

I'll bet they all have. Keith said he did while living in Switzerland. Talks about it in his book Life. peace.

Date: September 30, 2011 02:14

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

I'll bet they all have. Keith said he did while living in Switzerland. Talks about it in his book Life. peace.

Now of course there is "skiing".... [www.urbandictionary.com] ... and then there is putting boards on your feet and going down a mountain, which did Keith say he was doing? winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-30 02:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 30, 2011 03:37

Those skis would go great with my NO SECURITY goggles

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2011 03:40

Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Now of course there is "skiing".... [www.urbandictionary.com] ... and then there is putting boards on your feet and going down a mountain, which did Keith say he was doing? winking smiley

I think there was a lot of skiing going on in the 70's and 80's for sure, for both M & K!

Date: September 30, 2011 03:49

custom55

COOL!!! What is the story on those?
Were they on the website or did you get them local or what?

Date: September 30, 2011 09:26

custom55

Dear Santa.....

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: September 30, 2011 11:34

Letterman: Top Ten Best Moments in the Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary ski collection infomercial.
Paul, did you get that? What is left of your decaying buddies, Paul, the Rolling Stones, God bless em,
because they're like your grandparents, ladies and gentlemen. They make you feel young, like
magic, by comparison that is, no matter how old you are. I'm not saying the Rolling Stones are old,
Paul, but Cavemanny Hirsch, the guy who discovered Henny Youngman, the guy who told the world's
very first "old" joke. Told it about Mick Jagger.

Paul: Cavemanny Hirsch.

Letterman: Cavemanny Hirsch, Paul, yes. The true founding father of stand-up.

Paul: By any chance, David, would you happen to remember how that very first "old" joke about Mick
Jagger goes?

Letterman: Of course I do, Paul. There's not a stand-up worth their salt anywhere who hasn't had that
joke passed down to them. Would you like to hear it?

Applause.

Letterman: Now remember of course, this joke is out of context. And without context, as you know so
well, Paul, there simply is no comedy.

Paul: Of course. Context is comedy.

Letterman: So anyway, when somebody asked Cavemanny Hirsch, on his deathbed, at age 97, was
there anything good about getting old, this is what the great Cavemanny said. These may have even
been Cavemanny's dying words, Paul, I'm not sure. But what Cavemanny said was, when asked if
there was anything good about getting old, Cavemanny said, "Well, it is like what my idol, when
I was growing up, Mick Jagger, said in a Rolling Stones press conference to announce their fifth
re-packaging of the same old songs into a new superdeluxe greatest hits package. 'The best thing
about getting old', said Mick, 'is that now when I have a party at my house, none of the neighbors
complain!'"

Paul: Oh! Ha ha. That Cavemanny, he always killed.

Letterman: Always. Always always, boys and girls. You think I'm funny? Hmm, no, not a good example.
Well, you take your Russel Brand or Jack Black or whatever real comedian you want, and I'll tell you
this. Cavemanny Hirsch would slice them to ribbons every time. God rest his soul.

Pause.

Letterman: And God rest the soul of the Rolling Stones.

Paul: Wait a minute, the Stones aren't dead. That's premature!

Letterman: You have a point, Paul. But tell me this. What exactly is this the fiftieth anniversary of?
Of them not doing anything but celebrating their anniversary every ten years? No, really, Paul,
do you think Keith Richards even recognizes Mick Jagger anymore?

Paul: I'm sure he does, David.

Letterman: Oh, I don't know, Paul. Have you seen Keith lately?

Shows particulary awful pic of Keith on monitor.

Letterman: I don't know, Paul. Dead or alive? It's a toss-up. Anyway, where was I, Paul? I think I've
gone off on a tangent. I think my own senility is kicking in here.

Paul: You were going to tell us the Top Ten best things about Rolling Stones brand skis.

Letterman: Ah, you see? Now this is where your senility, Paul, is starting to kick in. This Top Ten is
not the Top Ten best things about their collection of skis. Of all damn things. Skis! Skis and
prosthetic knees, what could be more appropriate? What better says, "Mick and Keith"? Anyway,
this Top Ten, Paul, is not about the skis, this is about the infomercial for the skis.

Paul: Oh. Yes, sorry.

Letterman: Paul, really, we don't even have to do this Top Ten list to get a laugh. All we have to do,
and I personally guarantee this, is to have the audience picture for themselves, in their imaginations,
a few busloads of overweight and elderly Rolling Stones fans, on Christmas morning, trying out their
keen new skis on some snow-covered hillside near you.

Audience giggles hard.

Letterman: You see, Paul? What did I tell you? Rolling Stones retirees, social security recipients all,
on skis.

Audience keeps giggling.

Paul: I picture sort of a Benny Hill thing.

Letterman: Exactly, Paul. Exactly. We'll be back with the Top Ten list and our first guest, the
scrumptious Kim Kardashian, right after this.

Date: September 30, 2011 16:08

Max'sKansasCity
custom55

A goggle company called SPY offered a ROCK collection of goggles a few years back. Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Sex Pistols were a few of the themed goggles they offers.

Date: September 30, 2011 23:46

custom55
Max'sKansasCity
custom55

A goggle company called SPY offered a ROCK collection of goggles a few years back. Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Sex Pistols were a few of the themed goggles they offers.

Thanks for the info.
I looked them up.... looks like they are no longer available

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2011 00:07

............ When the wind blows and the rain feels cold
............ With a head fulla snow
............................................. Moonlight Mile - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:08

To bad they don't know how limited the limited edition is. In Belgium there are only 2 pairs, in Holland 3 (or at least that's what they told me winking smiley )

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 16, 2011 17:36

i don't ski, but if i did, i'd want mine signed by claudine longet

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: March 9, 2012 18:54

did someone tried them ? they have the Rocker technology (of course..) and they are 1,81 meters. Supposed to be 50/50 for powder and ski run.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 9, 2012 19:13

smiling smiley

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: March 9, 2012 21:40

Even though I dont ski anymore , I bought my pair for my collection!! They are really cool looking!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1104
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home