Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beatles v. Stones - the result (for over 50's)
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:17

I know the topic is a source of endless scorn hereabouts but I thought these were interesting articles (including the two pieces arguing for each side)

[www.high50.com]

Re: Beatles v. Stones - the result (for over 50's)
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:25

While working the general election 2 years ago when the candidates came in I asked them: Beatles or Stones, Oasis or Blur.

Beatles/Blur for middle class upwards, Stones and Oasis for working class people I thought and the candidates politics pretty much hit that.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:30

Some pretty good quotes in the article. Thanks.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:30

The GR
While working the general election 2 years ago when the candidates came in I asked them: Beatles or Stones, Oasis or Blur.

Beatles/Blur for middle class upwards, Stones and Oasis for working class people I thought and the candidates politics pretty much hit that.

Interesting - I would have thought it the other way round, certainly for Beatles/Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:53

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 7, 2012 19:24

I'm voting for the Stotles.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 7, 2012 23:07

I rarely listen to the Beatles now, but that's most likely because I listened to them so intently in the past. When something new occurs, like the Anthology in '96, the Remasters in 2009, and the Harrison documentary last year, I'm very interested.

I listen to the Stones a lot, but I'm noticing that it's the newer releases since the Exile Reissue in 2009. I don't know if my listening would be declining if there were no new releases. I was already going to Flea Markets and hunting down boot CDS and DVDs to feed my hunger for new (or unheard/unseen) Stones material. Now that the vaults are opening, I can't wait.

There is no Beatles vs. Stones. There was only the Beatles of 1964 vs. the Dave Clark Five.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home