Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beatles v. Stones - the result (for over 50's)
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:17

I know the topic is a source of endless scorn hereabouts but I thought these were interesting articles (including the two pieces arguing for each side)

[www.high50.com]

Re: Beatles v. Stones - the result (for over 50's)
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:25

While working the general election 2 years ago when the candidates came in I asked them: Beatles or Stones, Oasis or Blur.

Beatles/Blur for middle class upwards, Stones and Oasis for working class people I thought and the candidates politics pretty much hit that.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:30

Some pretty good quotes in the article. Thanks.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:30

The GR
While working the general election 2 years ago when the candidates came in I asked them: Beatles or Stones, Oasis or Blur.

Beatles/Blur for middle class upwards, Stones and Oasis for working class people I thought and the candidates politics pretty much hit that.

Interesting - I would have thought it the other way round, certainly for Beatles/Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 7, 2012 16:53

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 7, 2012 19:24

I'm voting for the Stotles.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 7, 2012 23:07

I rarely listen to the Beatles now, but that's most likely because I listened to them so intently in the past. When something new occurs, like the Anthology in '96, the Remasters in 2009, and the Harrison documentary last year, I'm very interested.

I listen to the Stones a lot, but I'm noticing that it's the newer releases since the Exile Reissue in 2009. I don't know if my listening would be declining if there were no new releases. I was already going to Flea Markets and hunting down boot CDS and DVDs to feed my hunger for new (or unheard/unseen) Stones material. Now that the vaults are opening, I can't wait.

There is no Beatles vs. Stones. There was only the Beatles of 1964 vs. the Dave Clark Five.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home