Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - IORR Off Topic Forum?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 23, 2012 02:40

With respect to BV...

Lots of OT threads of late, folks still ain't getting that BV wants us to keep those to a minimum!

That being said, the constant flow of OT threads tells me that there is a need for an off topic forum or such mainly because it's only natural that we are going to talk about other stuff and it seems the IORR natives just can't help posting lots of off topic threads.

Thoughts, opinions?

Re: OT - IORR Off Topic Forum?
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 23, 2012 02:42

I am 100% for an off-topic section to this place.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 23, 2012 02:43

It's been brought up many, many times in the past. It ain't happening.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 23, 2012 02:54

I am guilty of posting one today, but its rare I do. At least it was about music.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 23, 2012 02:55

I'm all for status quo. The idea of nerdism is daunting to me.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: February 23, 2012 02:58

Gotta agree..
Ive moaned before because its a jumble here..
Its not a dig its just trying to be constructive and help bv with ideas..
Ot older posts can be deleted easier and the true stones posts with good info kept apart for easier reference.
its a good forum and I like ot posts...just not the structure here really.
PS can't wait to see if keef can come up with goods tommorow night.. smiling smiley
Doughie

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 23, 2012 03:05

Justin
It's been brought up many, many times in the past. It ain't happening.
What he said.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 23, 2012 03:31

I imagine if there was another forum for OT that people would STILL post OTs here, and then people would yell at those people and blah blah blah etc etc.... The question is where is the line between OT and NOT OT? Who knows? so I agree leaving things the way they are is fine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-23 06:20 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 23, 2012 08:27

I think there already is one out there called Facebook and wouldn't want to change a thing. Even Off Topic threads eventually get around to the Stones.

To quote my astute pals email from just 2 days ago: "All roads lead to the Rolling Stones"....and he's never even heard about IORR. peace

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 23, 2012 09:16

His Majesty
With respect to BV...

Lots of OT threads of late, folks still ain't getting that BV wants us to keep those to a minimum!

That being said, the constant flow of OT threads tells me that there is a need for an off topic forum or such mainly because it's only natural that we are going to talk about other stuff and it seems the IORR natives just can't help posting lots of off topic threads.

Thoughts, opinions?

Yeah, why not do it on Facebook...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2012 12:40

If this thread is connected to the chair-thread.....well, it's the only chair I ever bought. And I won't be buying any more chair - as I'm fully satisfied

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 23, 2012 12:56

30 topics on the 1st page.

21 (or 22 depending on POV about old rockers) are Stones topics.

I don't think OT is a big deal.

Date: February 23, 2012 13:02

Stoneage

Here's your dreamboard. Off Topic AND Status Quo winking smiley

[www.statusquo.co.uk]

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: February 23, 2012 15:13

Not sure why anyone would be against this idea. I think it'd be great. It would clear up the Stones section and still give people a place to post their non-Stones stuff.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 23, 2012 15:21

more OT!!!! in fact, i think we need to break out some NT (non-topic) threads...

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:50

Since I started an OT yesterday (Pandora), I feel a bit guilty. But as an esteemed IORR writers notes above, all roads do lead to the Stones. And most of the OT stuff I've seen is music-related & interesting to follow.

The Chair thread is particularly gripping...drinking smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 23, 2012 19:02

We should try to make him edit the front photo first.
That´s a tough task for some years now. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 23, 2012 19:07

Some people get so upset at the sight of threads they don't like. It's so ridiculous. I think they fail to realize that this forum fluctuates. Some days there will be many OT topics on page 1 and other days there won't be. Someone the other day was calling for the closing of the Whitney Houston thread because they couldn't stand the sight of us discussing her. But look now, it's on page 3. The discussion declined on it's own without having to resort to shoving a ball gag in our mouths. I know we live in a world of instant communication and when some visit this site they expect to get instant gratification for their own selfish needs. My advice is, wait 24 hours or 48 or whatever and the forum will start to look more to your liking. No need to demand us to stop talking about off topic things or crying to bv to close threads you don't like. An OT section would make this place much more organized and efficient and less stressful for those that are easily stressed out or offended by something.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2012 19:19

GumbootCloggeroo
An OT section would make this place much more organized and efficient and less stressful for those that are easily stressed out or offended by something.

Those people would be loving IORR after that change....true

I would probably be leaving, though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-24 10:43 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 23, 2012 19:19

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Here's your dreamboard. Off Topic AND Status Quo winking smiley

[www.statusquo.co.uk]

Thanks for the tip, Dandelion. Actually, Status Quo used to be one of my favourites . I still have a soft spot for the good old English boogie rockers. But I'm a creature of habit so the idea of switching boards is even more daunting to me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-23 20:51 by Stoneage.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 23, 2012 19:31

I don't know if it is technically possible, but it would be great if there was an option that could allow us to see all therads opened in the different sections of IORR (or selected combinations of them) in one single page.

Something the general inbox folder that includes all mail received on different accounts.

This way a new dedicated section, be it OT, Taylor/Wood, whatever, wouldn't make this forum too dispersive.

There are forums with so many sections, that at the end there are only a few users for each section.

I myself hardly ever go to the hot stuff section only for laziness.

C

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 23, 2012 23:38

His Majesty
With respect to BV...

Thoughts, opinions?

Since I just posted an OT thread (about Chuck Leavell) I suppose I'm guilty of contributing to the OT threads.

How about this as an idea:

- OT threads which are *somewhat* related to the Stones (Chuck, Blondie, Lisa, Bobby, Bernard,etc.) are fine

- but OT threads about buying a chair, getting your hair dyed, having a manicure, etc. which have absolutely nothing with the Stones should be placed elsewhere (unless Mick dyed your hair and Keith gave you a manicure!)

grinning smiley

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 24, 2012 00:45

Hair by Mick/Nails by Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-24 00:46 by memphiscats.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2012 00:51

StonesTod
more OT!!!! in fact, i think we need to break out some NT (non-topic) threads...

If we're doing that, then MT (Mick Taylor) or EMPTY (nothing in them) threads should also be allowed. I'm all for creating more rules.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 24, 2012 01:28

Perhaps there should be a Tiny Todger Topic Forum as well...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home