Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pandora
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 22, 2012 22:54

For those of you who use Pandora, can you share any tips/tricks to keeping an artist you don't want from playing on your stations?
Here's my dilemma...on my Coltrane station, I've added about 10 other artists. But no matter how many "thumbs down" I use on Ben Harper, every 2 or 3 hours, one of his songs plays. (It's not that I don't like Ben, I just don't want him on my Coltrane station.)

And yea, I know, if this is the worst problem I have, it's probably not much to gripe about. It's just annoying.

Thanks!

Re: OT: Pandora
Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:57

If you are unable to ban an artist from your station, you have either given that artist 2 'Thumbs Up' votes, or that artist is part of your station definition. To change a 'Thumbs Up' vote or station definition, you will need to edit the station.

Date: February 23, 2012 03:56

Thank you! I was actually playing around with it and I'm thinking it might be something to do with "seeds." So I deleted Ben as a seed on that station. I'll see what happens.
I appreciate it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 23, 2012 04:10

Now how you got Ben's seed is a whole 'nother story. Glad you got that sorted..

my suggestion would have been hit the mute button on the computer, turn around and put a Coltrane record on the turntable, Play side A , Listen for 26 minutes filp the record over, repeat. peace

Date: February 23, 2012 05:57

Ha - the "seed" mystifies me! Gotta dig out my vinyl! Thanks for the reminder smoking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 23, 2012 07:53

memphiscats
For those of you who use Pandora, can you share any tips/tricks to keeping an artist you don't want from playing on your stations?
Here's my dilemma...on my Coltrane station, I've added about 10 other artists. But no matter how many "thumbs down" I use on Ben Harper, every 2 or 3 hours, one of his songs plays. (It's not that I don't like Ben, I just don't want him on my Coltrane station.)

And yea, I know, if this is the worst problem I have, it's probably not much to gripe about. It's just annoying.

Thanks!

Ben on your Coltrane? It's like mint on my chocolate. I don't like it.

Date: February 23, 2012 18:06

71Tele
memphiscats

Thanks!

Ben on your Coltrane? It's like mint on my chocolate. I don't like it.
Or even worse - peanut butter smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home