Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Stoned thoughts... The power of positive!
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:14

Yeah, so, I'm having a moment, probably can't articulate it well, but anyway allow me to ramble...

There's been much talk these past few years, a lot of it negative regarding our, I assumne, favourite band, Keith's current playing abilities etc etc... I've been pretty bad for that since Keith's book came out... thumbs down

Ah, fuk, watching this...

10 years since George died, talented Amy's just died, life is so very fragile.

We are gonna miss these stoned fukkers when they are dead and gone, how f-ing sad is will the day be when we see the horrid headlines telling us Mick or Keith have passed away!!?

Best get the good vibes from within out there whilst they are still alive. Beautiful moments like that sweet Joe Brown clip shouldn't be kept back for tributes to the dead.

Our boys have brought us much joy, maybe even saved our lives in some little way on occasion, now as they are in their older age, maybe their talents of yesteryear have left them, maybe the desire to make strong musical points has dwindled, but damn these stoned cats deserve support for the music they have done and do, even if it ain't as good as 1969 or whatever, loyalty is a wonderful thing, positive thoughts are too...

It's cool that 50 or so years since these guys changed peoples lives and the musical world that Mick is still making music, cool to see Keith in studio smiling, looking happy, hopefully recording some good shhit. Bill's out there playing with a great band, Ronnie's having some kind of renaissance, which is so ace to witness! Taylor still playing, Charlie is Charlie, doing what he does and doing it well.

Guess what I'm trying to put forward is that the current wave of crap talk isn't going to help anyone or anything. First of all, it's making IORR a depressing place to visit and you know what? I'm sorry for contributing to that. Also, if they sense or read this crap, how is this negativity supposed to inspire the stones to do anything?

It's easy to get carried away with all this, to over think stuff, yeah they are money whores, but hey, the intent behind this post is open and genuine so please be gentle. confused smiley thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 03:00 by His Majesty.

Re: Stoned thoughts... The power of positive!
Date: August 24, 2011 16:21

thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:28

A lot of people resist change which is why I think there is sometimes a fair amount of negativity to 'new' things occurring in stonesworld.

Whether they put out a new album (to the chants 'gimme Some Girls deluxe instead!'), or a solo project (Superheavy), or a new suit (pink pinstripe) there is a large group that goes on the attack.

The ironic thing, is part of what almost everyone enjoys about this band is the diversity of music and styles through 50 years.

You can't change people though...they lose something by not being able to appreciate these things, and aren't even aware of that they only limit their world.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:45

I bow in respect Your Majesty

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 24, 2011 16:47

Rolling Hansie
I bow in respect Your Majesty

No need to bow, and you can call me Philip. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-24 17:00 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:57

Very touching post Philip. And seeing Dhani Harrison - the spitting image of his wonderful dad - at The Concert For George brings a tear to my eyes everytime.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 24, 2011 17:02

DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

+1

Spot on, Your Majesty!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 24, 2011 18:25

DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

+ another one!

Date: August 24, 2011 19:45

Erik_Snow

Cheers, majesty - and pardon me; if I crossed any lines.

No lines crossed, tis a good post!

Hey, I dislike much of what they did post 1972, I even think they are quite awful as people in some ways(but so am I), the thing that seems to have gotten out of hand is the negativty... It's almost ever present here and that ain't good.

It's perfectly cool to not like stuff they do, but I do also think that constantly making that opinion heard, on some occasions bordering on actual hatred of them for not meeting some Golden Period level of aceness is unhealthy for this forum, for the people constantly posting it, for those reading it and in some round about way the band themselves.

Their age, health etc is something to be consiedered when talking about their playing abilities etc. Keith gets quite a rough ride now because he can't play like he used to, but look at that another way, his being onstage, or doing anything musical with crippled fingers, serious brain surgery, the worry of his beloved wife having had cancer etc etc is an act of defiance, part of the same spirit which has been the lifeblood of this band since it started. He gets shhit if he plays and gets shhit if he stays home. Screw that!

It is a great thing that these guys are, to varying degrees, still out there playing and/or making music. I might not dig what they do, but it's a continuation of that spirit, the thing that they have always, deep down, been about... freedom to do what you want to do, when you want to do it.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 24, 2011 19:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 02:57 by Erik_Snow.

Date: August 24, 2011 19:58

Sometimes someone should respond very loud
Sometimes someone should not respond at all

-------------------

Date: August 24, 2011 20:00

But again weather is really nice here. So I am positively going outside to my backyard to positively enjoy the sun and have a very positive supper.
Thanks alot for the positive post Philip

-------------------

Date: August 24, 2011 20:04

ironic that the 'power of positive thread' has gotten a little owly.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 24, 2011 20:04

Cheers Hansie; thanks for being nice to this person

Date: August 24, 2011 20:12

Erik_Snow

Thanks His Majesty; I was wondering whether I've ruined a emotional moment for you - but obviously I didn't. I still find it a wonder that you dislike most of their post 1972 releases; especially after hearing your excellent version of "Coming Down Again" - but I guess taste can't be nothing but subjective..!

I think every album they've done has moments of greatness, but I'm mostly a sucker for the sounds, tastes etc of the 60's.

smileys with beer

Date: August 24, 2011 20:15

treaclefingers
ironic that the 'power of positive thread' has gotten a little owly.

That's life! drinking smiley

Maybe some good will come from the tension? grinning smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 24, 2011 20:17

His Majesty

It is not "tension", it is someone making personal attacks, and someone responding to them. I am peaceful, unless someone starts with the personal attacks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-24 20:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 24, 2011 20:20

Erik_Snow
thumbs upsmileys with beersmoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 24, 2011 20:23

Max'sKansasCity
His Majesty

It is not "tension", it is someone making personal attacks, and someone responding to them. I am peaceful, unless someone starts with the personal attacks.

Lets have a group listen of Sweethearts Together.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 24, 2011 20:52

Erik_Snow

I am always nice to everyone. Maybe you should try to do the same. It feels good, believe me.

-------------------

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: August 24, 2011 21:43

His Majesty
I'm mostly a sucker for the sounds, tastes etc of the 60's.
Count me in as well. I'm longing for a decade that ended long before I was born and have been doing so for the last 15 years.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 25, 2011 02:32

His Majesty
Yeah, so, I'm having a moment, probably can't articulate it well, but anyway allow me to ramble...

There's been much talk these past few years, a lot of it negative regarding our, I assumne, favourite band, Keith's current playing abilities etc etc... I've been pretty bad for that since Keith's book came out... thumbs down

We are gonna miss these stoned fukkers when they are dead and gone, how f-ing sad is will the day be when we see the horrid headlines telling us Mick or Keith have passed away!!?

Best get the good vibes from within out there whilst they are still alive. Beautiful moments like that sweet Joe Brown clip shouldn't be kept back for tributes to the dead.

Our boys have brought us much joy, maybe even saved our lives in some little way on occasion, now as they are in their older age, maybe their talents of yesteryear have left them, maybe the desire to make strong musical points has dwindled, but damn these stoned cats deserve support for the music they have done and do, even if it ain't as good as 1969 or whatever, loyalty is a wonderful thing, positive thoughts are too...

It's cool that 50 or so years since these guys changed peoples lives and the musical world that Mick is still making music, cool to see Keith in studio smiling, looking happy, hopefully recording some good shhit. Bill's out there playing with a great band, Ronnie's having some kind of renaissance, which is so ace to witness! Taylor still playing, Charlie is Charlie, doing what he does and doing it well.

Guess what I'm trying to put forward is that the current wave of crap talk isn't going to help anyone or anything. First of all, it's making IORR a depressing place to visit and you know what? I'm sorry for contributing to that. Also, if they sense or read this crap, how is this negativity supposed to inspire the stones to do anything?

It's easy to get carried away with all this, to over think stuff, yeah they are money whores, but hey, the intent behind this post is open and genuine so please be gentle. confused smiley thumbs up

Absolutely inspirational, mate! Maybe it is their destiny after all to go out in a blaze of glory? Let's rally behind them!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: August 25, 2011 02:51

His Majesty

Beautiful, mate, absolutely beautiful! Not only should the Stones be inspired by this so should the sons of the Beatles! We can crawl into our own little selfish worlds close our eyes and never hear the call to serve! When you are given a gift to light up the world and you choose to look after your own selfish needs then you will live to have many regrets at the end of your days. People give up their lives every day in the service of others.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 25, 2011 07:23

No sense in staying positive over something in which you have no say and cannot influence in any way, let alone control. As far as the Stones are concerned, hope for the best, but expect nothing, and demand even less. That way, anything good comes as a pleasant surprise.

Date: August 25, 2011 09:26

ab
No sense in staying positive over something in which you have no say and cannot influence in any way, let alone control. As far as the Stones are concerned, hope for the best, but expect nothing, and demand even less. That way, anything good comes as a pleasant surprise.

Which is why Superheavy is actually a tad exciting.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 25, 2011 09:39

ab

Echoes of Meha Baba there ab. He once said..."Desire nothing except desirelessness."

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:28

thanks HM ... and thanks and praises, Rolling Stones! for the whole glorious avalanche

"The energy they generate is amazing, and gives everybody courage for years and years and years"
- Giorgio Gomelsky

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:44

Thanks for posting that video and for sharing your thoughts ...

Love that performance of "I'll See You In My Dreams"

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:50

powerful post, philip.

Date: August 25, 2011 11:50

Silver Dagger
Very touching post Philip. And seeing Dhani Harrison - the spitting image of his wonderful dad - at The Concert For George brings a tear to my eyes everytime.

Very strange to see this post because I just watched the Concert for George yesterday, and I admit (and this NEVER happens) but I got choked up. Eric Clapton did it so right. There was something totally magic on that stage. The way the people looked and played - the songs - it was that whole backrow of guitarists, Klaus Voorman eventually joining in, the 4 drummers. I thought the vibe was going to dissipate a bit when Paul came on, because I had read where Eric said that Paul had been a bit of a problem. But it's the song "All things must pass" that got to me.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home